Borderlands Mafia [DAY TWO] - FIRST OFFICIAL GAME OF 2022

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Speaking of disappearances, I've noticed that we seem to do better when I'm not all over the thread. Maybe that should be my town meta from now on

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Magic isn’t really the type of person to dip because he’s scum and under pressure lol, that’s silly.

it’s certainly annoying tho. We did have another 36 hour day phase tho so we’ve got time j suppose. Although it’s quite tempting to just yeet junk. I’d like magic to catch up because if he is town then obviously his feedback and perspective could be invaluable

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Not that it’s news but I really don’t see Ekko and Jobber being aligned from reading through jobbers posts (and the context)

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Sorry, missed between bed and work though not a lot of time right now.

I saw you, sky and smark vote magic. The only thing I recall seeing of him when you decided to vote him was

His vote on smark
calling smark overly defensive
Went inactive after those 2 posts
came back when the votes went on him.

What is the core reason behind feeling him to be the most scummy?

I don't know him well enough to really judge but nothing jumps out saying he's obvious scum or anything.

The only thing that looks overly negative from his first 2 posts is how he reacted to smark questioning him, but I didn't feel it was anything truly scummy here.

So I just want to understand the reason behind magic because I see him going either way as nothing points to either alignment to me.
Anyone else want to weigh in on this? It was the post that made me sus of Jobber in the first place.

I can’t really decide if I think this is someone that doesn’t want to vote his teammate, or wants to be convinced to vote for a townie so he doesn’t look bad. He’d probably be a little worried about putting magic close to a hammer. He is asking for more reasoning which makes me think it might be the latter but I can’t make my mind up

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Anyone else want to weigh in on this? It was the post that made me sus of Jobber in the first place.

I can’t really decide if I think this is someone that doesn’t want to vote his teammate, or wants to be convinced to vote for a townie so he doesn’t look bad. He’d probably be a little worried about putting magic close to a hammer. He is asking for more reasoning which makes me think it might be the latter but I can’t make my mind up
Could easily be a teammate affair. If Magic actually gets voted up he could easily get "cold feet" and try to take the heat off

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Player List:
1) Poyser
2) Doddsy
3) Sky
4) Ekkologix
5) CraigPelton Canadian Dragon
7) Showtime
8) Jobber Doink Lethal Banks
9) Junkette
10) Ace Blaine
12) King Switch

I'm happy with this atm and have modified my last reads list. I think Junk is playing her classic dip and dive scum game (plus her botch with the claim, a team could've told her to fix it up). Sky seems to be throwing around a lot of accusations but not having anything stick, but....it's Sky, so I'm not sold if it's wolfing or trying something new. Ekko I feel is purposely distracting the thread with a glut of posts so that we cannot actively gauge him - I also find him hypocritical to be lashing at Jeff but doing the same to him. Poyser I;ve increased blue on cos he's vibing my reads and jst has a natural explanation to them - he's not trying to twist shit. And yeah I dropped Jeff a shade as he could be using distraction with Ekko to avoid suspicion, but he's not doing it how he normally does it - rather, he's actively hunting and solving. He also knew what I (and Smark) were up to so there's that on the plus as well.

Junk has claimed so if I vote there it's a vote to lynch, and we got plenty to play with before that. 10 players left and no mafia flipped yet.

I want to look back at Magic and Blaine's slots to see if I can make a read on them.

Were there any pressing issues raised re: Doink? iirc he was being grilled on his read of TFW but I may be mistaken.
This really does seem like distancing with junk tho

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
On 2nd thoughts, I think we may have cleared sky way too easily, this is horrendous interaction:

The dropped shade is because Jeff is clever enough to pick up on subtle hints so could have played myself and Smark. If I didn't mention it, an eagle-eyed observer would have noticed it and made an issue.

I flipped on Sky cos she's gone quiet which is just a red flag for mine. By no way is that read solid.

I've also provided these explanations cos in life 1 I was calm and having fun, now I've got revenge in mind cos I was doing well and I want to see those a-hole scum swing.

I mean that's what usually happens when an IRL day passes and the game progresses faster than I can catch up to. You've played with me a lot, you know this

Perhaps, but you're usually present enough in the thread to make it not noticeable when you've gone quiet.

I will accept that with Ekko's flooding of posts it could have swayed that perception as well.

Definite minus points for Lethal for not noticing something that happens regularly and spinning it as a scummy thing to do

I appreciate your sentiment but I disagree with it.

And then this was after I dropped my case and lethal was getting grilled by me and Jeff

Vote Lethal2

Too many things come across as odd between lives

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
It is now Day 3 - 20.5 hours remain

With Eight Alive - a total of five votes are need for a lynch.

Magic (3) - Poyser, Smark, Sky
Doddsy (1) - Ekko

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Thing with sky is that’s such a tame back and forth, ESPECIALLY for sky and lethal. And lethal wouldn’t commit to reading her scum, even walked it back. And sky never clapped back and called him scum either and just said “minus points”. It’s so unlike the both of them in general that it just screams fake to me

But I can’t for the life of me work out why lethal would rep in, change his read on his teammate from a past life (when he was town) from town to scum when he could have kept reading her town and repeated the reasons from when we know he was town lmao. It’s completely bizarre. But then I think it could just be that lethal was scared of reading his teammate (especially sky) as town.

It’s not that he forgot, because in his reads post he says he just edited his old reads list. Which means he actively changed her from blue to yellow, so it was a purposeful move

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Magic read doink town for like no reason at all lol. Just agreed with TFW and said “reminds me of Xmas mafia”

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Hmmm don’t think magic and sky are aligned tho