Booty's October Horror Movieathon Rundown

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
so my girl and I decided to try and watch a horror flick a night for October...we didn't quite stick to that but I have done 6 so I decided to share by thoughts on each.

leadcabin.jpg

Cabin In The Woods

It's the classic horror formula 5 friends go to a cabin in the woods. Two girls one goody(Kristen Connolly) one slutty (Anna Hutchinson), Three guys one black guy (Jessie Williams), one jock (Chris Hemsworth), and one stoner (Fran Kranz). Things start off like any other horror movie except for what looks to be a government facility with two men in shirts and ties played by the great Bradley Whitford and almost as great Richard Jenkins. They both bring some great comic relief to this movie. That is one thing that is missing in a lot of horror movies these days and that is comedy. So I am not gonna get into to much of it as to not ruin the movie but it's def worth a watch and I will say that after watching Waxwork there are a ton of similarities and it seems that the makers of Cabin in the Woods def give shoutouts to Waxwork.
For example the different things that could be unleashed on the kids to kill them and them getting all unleashed at once at the end are imo derived from the different wax displays that people got sucked into and all of them coming alive at once.
I would say the first 3/4ths of the movie are excellent but the ending fell really flat to me.
The good girl sparing the pothead thus sacrificing herself and all of mankind is kind of fuckin bogus to me and really kind of turned the movie to shit.
Rating: B

insidious.jpg

Insidious

A family moves into a house and soon after the oldest son seems to have slipped into a coma. Then strange things start happening around the house and the mother is convinced the house is haunted. She convinces her husband to move them to a new house. She soon learns it wasn't the house that was haunted after all it's her comatose son. This movie keeps you on the edge the whole time. I enjoyed it quite a bit and suggest anyone that hasn't seen it to check it out. Although I was slightly disappointed in the ending and felt it didn't quite have the payoff it built up to.

rating: B-

innkeepers1.jpg

The Innkeepers
An old Inn that is believed to be haunted is going out of business and the last two employees are determined to get proof of it's haunting. Sarah Paxton plays the lead in this movie and she does a fine job as the quirky little itchkabibble employee who won't rest until she get's proof that the ghost of a woman who killed herself in the Inn really exists. The movie is slow for most of the movie and leaves some very obvious clues as to how it is all gonna play out in the end but it has some good scares and the final act of the movie really ramps up the pace but once again I felt a little let down with end game but like I said I saw it playing out pretty much that way.

Rating: C-

barricade_crop_exact.jpg

Barricade

WWE Films does it again with this steaming pile of shit. A man loses his wife and a year later decides to take their kids to the cabin she always used to talk about. Once their they all seem to get sick...well not seem to they do...I know this by the constant coughing they force down your throat...nothing subtle about it all...
and since the man is sick he gets a fever and the whole movie ends up being his dillusions from the FEVER!!!
The movie doesn't make any sort of sense and Eric McCormack is god awful in this. His acting is just incredibly bad. So bad that WWE Films could have gotten Randy Orton and he would have given a better performance. It was a waste of time and a waste $1 from Redbox.

Rating: F-

thehouseonhauntedhill%255B1%255D.JPG

The House on Haunted Hill (1959)
A Vincent Price classic as he plays an eccentric billionaire that invites 5 strangers to stay the night locked in a haunted mansion for $10k each. It's a great watch and really was probably quite scary for it's time. Doesn't really do much these days as far as being scary goes but does show off just how great Price was. The other actors are pretty bad but it's the 50's so I will give it a pass. If you wanna quick fun Halloween watch then you should def check this out.

Rating: C+

Waxwork.jpg

Waxwork
A group of friends are invited to a private showing at a waxworks museum and a few of them go missing. Turns out a lot of people have been going missing lately and Mark (Zack Galligan) is positive it is all linked to the Waxworks. This movie has everything you want in an 80's horror, humor, fun, creative deaths, & bad acting. If you liked Cabin in the Woods then I strongly suggest you check this out as they are both cut from the same cloth.

Rating: A

Castiel

Reaction score
This is cool. I was actually planning on watching House on Haunted Hill soon, along with The Last Man On Earth. Price is indeed great. What do you prefer, the original or the 99 version?

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Waxwork was a decent flick that didn't seem to take itself to seriously throughout. The nods to a bunch of other movies made it even better and we got a weird ass were wolf.

House on haunted hill is such a great masterpiece and for some strange reason I loved the remake too although not as good but still not bad.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I've actually never seen the remake. But the original is good clean fun.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Yeah its not to bad it has Bridgette Neilson, Owen Wilson, Famke Jansen, and Ali Larter even the guy who host the stay there is named Vincent Price. Not a bad remake for remakes sake.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
This is cool. I was actually planning on watching House on Haunted Hill soon, along with The Last Man On Earth. Price is indeed great. What do you prefer, the original or the 99 version?
Now that's a fucking great movie....just saying.

I'm covering some of these in the next couple of weeks so I'll hold off my thoughts until then but yeah, House on Haunted Hill is fan-fucking-tastic.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Now that's a fucking great movie....just saying.

I'm covering some of these in the next couple of weeks so I'll hold off my thoughts until then but yeah, House on Haunted Hill is fan-fucking-tastic.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
thanks for your input guys and I wish I could do reviews like you and HF do Fuji but I just don't have that much in me so I keep em short and sweet

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I've tried to do reviews like them but found it easier to do them my own way. You are doing great on yours

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
so am I the only one that saw that pile of shit Barricade

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I don't think I'll be watching it after your shining praise.

Castiel

Reaction score
Most likely. I stopped on guy on Twitter from buying it when you initially said it was awful! :lol:

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
yeah it's not even in the so bad it's good category it's just in the so bad I wanna punch things....wish someone else had seen it though we can share in our pain....my girl hasn't let me live it down that I picked that turd...

Reactions: 1 person

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
alright I got some catching up to do and since I tried to do em last night but half way through my comp shut off for no reason I am gonna make these short and sweet

Little Shop of Horrors - A-
Not so much a horror but a horror comedy musical this timeless 80's movie stars Rick Moranis as Seymour Krelborn a down and out flower shop worker who discovers a strange and interesting new plant that has an appetite for something horrifying. Moranis is great as are Bill Murray & John Candy in there small cameos but the movie is stolen by Steve Martin as the sadistic psycho dentist boyfriend of Seymour's dream girl Audrey. If your looking for scares this isn't the movie but if your looking for a lot of fun and some catchy tunes it's the movie for you. Bonus any fans of the TV show Martin will recognize 2/3rds of the trio of girls that narrate the movie via song.

Waxwork II - F+
I was so impressed with Waxwork one that I spent no time checking out Waxwork II and holy fuck was that a mistake. The plot makes not one bit of sense, there is no Waxworks in this entire movie, & the female lead was recast. All bad bad things. The one shining spot was Bruce Campbell's cameo as a scientist in a ghost story scene that is up on a crucifix while crows pick away at his exposed ribs. Bruce quips and gets pelted with things as only he can. You can youtube that scene and save yourself the time and not watch the rest of this shit stick. And the F+ was only because of the Bruce cameo.
and that leads to

The Evil Dead 2 - A

The sequel (or remake) to The Evil Dead is imo better then the original because it is way more fun and over the top. I mean buckets of blood come flying out of everything all the time. It's fuckin great. Honestly I am preaching to the choir around here cuz everyone has seen this flick so I am gonna be sweet and say yes I love this movie and it's sequel more then almost life itself.

One Missed Call - B-

This remake of a Japanese film of the same name is about a ghost that is passed from person to person via their cell phones. After the person is killed the ghost grabs a person randomly from their cell phone contacts and calls their phone. The call is this weird ringtone and is dated for a future day & time. When they check the message they hear their own voice and what they will be saying at the time of their death. Edward Burns plays a cop who's sister was the first victim so he is working with a group of college friends to try and find out who or what is doing this and how is it happening. I like Burns so I enjoyed him in this. The ending left me cold so that is the only major issue I have with it. All in all it's a good watch and got some good spooky moments.

Ghost Story (1981) - B-

Fred Estaire, John Houseman, Melvynn Douglas, and Douglas Fairbanks Jr star as the Chowder Society a group of men who for over 50 years have been meeting every week and telling each other ghost stories and scaring each other. When Edward Wanderly (Fairbanks) oldest son mysteriously dies his other son comes to town (both played by Craig Wasson) and soon after Wanderly himself dies mysteriously. The son thinks that it is the work of a ghost who he once had interacted with himself. He is beginning to think it all stems from the chowder society itself. The movie was adapted from a book of the same name and it is a great story. On the downside Wasson's acting is fuckin terrible he is hard to watch at times. The flashbacks drags on waaay to long and could have really be summed up in about 5 minutes each. Also another thing I hate is when a movie has female character that has a huge role and is supposed to be this gorgeous knockout that everyone is falling over themselves for and the actress that play her is a 6 at best aka the Maggie Gylenahal in Dark Knight Rule. Well this movie has that for sure...Alice Krige is hardly attractive enough for you to believe that she could mesmerize these men with her looks. Astaire is wonderful as always though so this is a movie I suggest that everyone check out at least once. Just make it through the flashbacks and you will be ok.

alright that is all for know I got a few more I have watched but will save those for another day