Booking mistakes of 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
- Just about anything revolving around the World title. Ziggler's reign was horrid and all of the feuds around it have had little to no build up.

- The Rock winning the WWE title,we saw the title less than we do now and it's currently being held by no body.

- The Punk/Heyman feud. Like everybody has basically said,it should've started with Axel and Ryback then ended with Lesnar,not the other way around.

- The Rhodes/Sandow feud. It was pretty darn good but it got little to no TV time and it just sort-of ended abruptly.

- Ryback being the new Paul Heyman guy. God,that was flat out horrible. They had so much build up for it,Heyman even went down to NXT and teased it being a developmental wrestler. It would've been a good time to bring somebody up,but, what did they do? Choose Ryback instead. A guy who's only good contributions so far were his bully segments backstage.

- Part of The Authority storyline. The storyline had a chance to produce a new main eventer along with Bryan,but, who do they choose? They choose Big Show,god what a horrid choice.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
From WWE's point of view, why push Ziggler? They keep screwing him over time and time again, and we all still love the guy. Is there as much money in jobber Ziggler as in main event Ziggler?

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
  • Mark Henry tapping out to Cena
  • Not giving Bully Ryback a title
  • Not taking the belts off the Shield
  • Curtis Axel being the new Paul Heyman guy

There are so much more on the list but I forgot due to my anger towards this year.

Reactions: JC4Life37

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Great thread. Maybe, just maybe, they're building to Punk/Lesnar II at Survivor Series... wait, they have to pay it off at Hell in a Cell. Never mind.

Mine is definitely Sting getting the title shot at Slammiversary. It was time to pull the trigger on Morgan or Styles (yeah they booked themselves in a corner there but fans come to expect TNA storylines not making sense, may as well use it in their favor), and the Aces never recovered from Sting's initial beatdown. Three storylines ruined by one booking decision to book a match nobody wanted to see.
This. i was so fucking butthurt when Sting got the notion and Matt Morgan just faded away, mid-feud with Hogan FFS.

Ziggler losing, ADR's 2 week face turn should have ended with him losing the belt soon after and going back to the shit heel they love him to be.

Wyatt family shit, it just hasnt been as smooth as i would have liked it to be.

I will tell you one thing WWE has done right. RVD hasnt won a title or really much of anything. Gotta give credit there, i expected him to be shitting all over my tv twice a week 2-3 weeks a month.

David5150

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
In my opinion it was a terrible decision for Daniel Bryan to win the WWE title via fast count. Although I'm a Daniel Bryan mark, all odds should be against Daniel Bryan as the underdog/heel in the situation and it was way to fast in the story line to have him win it back the month after he lost it/the story line started. To me it kind of ruined the story line a little after he won and it just got of boring after that. It also really killed the excitement/anticipation for when Daniel finally wins the WWE title legit and comes out on top of this whole Corporation story line.

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
RVD tapping out, was pathetic because RVD doesn't tap I think the only time he did was in 2001, so that was plain stupid. He should have won the title.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
In my opinion it was a terrible decision for Daniel Bryan to win the WWE title via fast count. Although I'm a Daniel Bryan mark, all odds should be against Daniel Bryan as the underdog/heel in the situation and it was way to fast in the story line to have him win it back the month after he lost it/the story line started. To me it kind of ruined the story line a little after he won and it just got of boring after that. It also really killed the excitement/anticipation for when Daniel finally wins the WWE title legit and comes out on top of this whole Corporation story line.

I think they booked themselves into a corner leading up to that. It would have been more effective to have Orton win by fast count, then have Big Show help Bryan (not by knocking out Orton, maybe taking out the Shield or something) win at Battleground, followed by the Cell match where Bryan retained. But, I think what happened is that they were afraid to have Bryan lose (even by fast count), which led to them doing what they did. (Please note: I'm no insider with sources; this is just my thought on why they did what was a questionable storytelling decision.)

Of course, all of us think we're more expert bookers than WWE Creative. I'm no different in that.

wk

Jeremy

The Showoff
Reaction score
Big Slow being in the main event
Ziggler falling off the face of the earth
Putting the Wyatt's in matches on the main roster

Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I like all of the responses, and agree with most that they could have been handled differently. Good stuff, and thanks to leo and rain for saying how good of a thread maker I am. :bitw:

Reactions: Wacokid27 and Leo C

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
The Shield, Ziggler, the WWE title and The Wyatt's. Three BIG booking mistakes of 2013. May add more if I remember what else got me angry during the year. Oh yeah, making out that the Big Show was broke when just a year ago he had an "iron clad" contract.

DR.gif

The Artiste
Reaction score
jkUhpCM.gif