Booking mistakes of 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
What to you are your biggest booking mistakes of this past year?

Mine would be The CM Punk/ Heyman feud. It feels like they did it backwards, starting with lesnar. Shouldn't had it begun with Axel, progressed to Ryback, and ultimately ended with Lesnar?

Can you think of any others? Or do you disagree with mine? If so post below and let me know

Last edited:
Reactions: Crayo

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
yes it would of been so much better if went the other way round we could of been anticipating punk v lesnar now in a hiac match if they did

Ziggler should of reclaimed his title imo

Reactions: Danielson

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Cool thread. I agree on Punk/Heyman being backwards but I have a feeling they were kinda forced to do so because I think they want Brock to always work Summerslam because it's a big PPV and all. As the chav said, yeah, Ziggler was also a bad booking mistake. He should've won the belt back at some point and not just vanished like he did, this is pathetic (he hasn't been on TV for a few weeks iirc). Um... the main storyline being all about Big Show atm is also a pretty bad idea, even if now he's starting to get a bit more bearable. He doesn't need all of this spotlight and should be putting young guys over (I'm sure that's not on him though).

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Great thread. Maybe, just maybe, they're building to Punk/Lesnar II at Survivor Series... wait, they have to pay it off at Hell in a Cell. Never mind.

Mine is definitely Sting getting the title shot at Slammiversary. It was time to pull the trigger on Morgan or Styles (yeah they booked themselves in a corner there but fans come to expect TNA storylines not making sense, may as well use it in their favor), and the Aces never recovered from Sting's initial beatdown. Three storylines ruined by one booking decision to book a match nobody wanted to see.

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
Bray Wyatt. The man is an excellent character. But, the fued with Kane went nowhere. At SS, it was half the match that it was hyped to be. Then, Kane was written off. They had Bray go against jobbers. But, the reason he hasn't gone after any major guys is because all the title holders were heel and the major faces were in fueds. He came in at a bad time because of the beginning of "The Authority" storyline. They better pick up his career ball and knock it outta the park.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Ziggler not winning the title at/after MITB. I still believe Del Rio should have won at Payback but Ziggler should have went after the title especially since the MITB match didn't end clean.

Ryback being pushed.

Not pushing Rhodes Vs Sandow, They shouldn't have ended the feud there, I still think they should have pushed it more and end with Rhodes winning the briefcase in a ladder match Vs Sandow.

Axel being pushed, We were all hyped when he was pushed but the guy is so damn bland, He has no character.

Shield winning the titles, They don't need em and add nothing to them, They have just been booked against random people since then.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
This is going to be pretty unpopular...

Punk should have won the WWE Championship match at Royal Rumble and gone on to face John Cena for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania, where Cena would have finally beaten him for it. There were other ways to get the Rock on television (you could have made him the Undertaker's opponent at Mania, for example) and push his movies while still maintaining the credibility of your main event stars. Having Rocky come in and beat Punk was be like having Troy Aikman come back into the NFL and quarterback the Cowboys to a Super Bowl win over Peyton Manning and the Broncos...it's just not very realistic. Luckily, Punk was capable of putting on a terrific match against the Undertaker after an unusual feud (due mainly to the death of Paul Bearer/Percy Pringle).

I also agree that there should have been something for Bray Wyatt and his Family to do post-Kane feud. It just feels like they're twisting in the wind at this point.

Ziggler should have gotten his shot at regaining the World Heavyweight Championship, especially before RVD got his shot at it.

I can understand why Rhodes-Sandow was cut short only if we eventually see a Rhodes-Sandow feud over the World Heavyweight Championship. Those two have great in-ring chemistry and would put on a tremendous feud that people would really enjoy seeing.

wk

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
^Really good call Waco, but still think they should have just done the triple-threat at 'Mania. Would have been a better story, much better match, something we wouldn't be dreading going in...

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
also dragging out lesnar and trips for as long as they did if they had good matches then fair enough but they weren't that great

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
also dragging out lesnar and trips for as long as they did if they had good matches then fair enough but they weren't that great

From a technical standpoint, you're right. But they were getting the audience into the feud. You gotta take the bad with the good.

wk

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Rock winning the belt was something that will annoy me forever, indeed.
In retrospect it bugs me, but at the time I was just enjoying him being there. I wish he would have fully committed himself to the "e", before they went ahead and gave him the title. I'm talking wrestling at live events, and not just showing up for promos(or sometimes not at all)

Reactions: Wacokid27

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I think they should have gave the WHC to Ziggler a bit early, and not have AJ by his side.

I think that Lesnar should have fought Undertaker at Wrestlemania instead of Punk.

Rhodes vs Sandow should have extended to a feud for the WHC belt(with successful cash in from Sandow of course).