Booking mistakes of 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Italianman3100!

The Showoff
Reaction score
1.Henry tapping out at MITB.
2. Bringing back the Punk/Ryback feud
3. R.V.D losing in a Hardcore match.
4. Rock ending Punk's reign
5. Kofi beating Cesaro for the U.S. championship

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
Reaction score
Rock winning the belt was something that will annoy me forever, indeed.

YES, this was exactly what I was going to post in this thread. He did not deserve to walk in and win the belt at all. He just needs to stay the fuck away from wrestling forever. He had his time, it's been over for a while now, just stay in Hollywood, please.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
-Not having Ziggler win the WHC back at MITB or Summerslam. As expected, all those months of carrying around the briefcase added up to nothing as he not only lost the belt in short order but wasn't even booked to regain it afterwards. Now we're nearly three months removed from the entire thing and it's clear Ziggler isn't getting the belt back anytime soon. What a way to capitalize on the huge face reactions he was getting after the face turn back in June. Truly brilliant, WWE.

-Ryback's booking all throughout 2013. I get sacrificing him to The Shield, but having him lose to Mark Henry at Wrestlemania was baffling for a few reasons. He just looked like a pussy for calling off his match with The Miz. And the way he defeated Jericho at MITB wasn't even helpful - it was via a roll up, which is only the most protected way to lose a match. The way Ryback slid out of the ring immediately and walked off smiling was as if to say "Yes, I finally won a match!", which is a sad attitude to have when you're a physical specimen like Ryback. I would bury the decision to turn him heel, as I thought building him back up as a face and then building towards a big Cena/Ryback title match in the future was the way to go, but I've been somewhat enjoying his heel character from about August onwards. Immediately jobbing him out to Cena right after turning heel WAS stupid, though.

-Making Curtis Axel the new Paul Heyman Guy. Bringing in someone new from NXT would have been better IMO. Axel is too bland, generic and not very interesting IMO.

-I get why they booked a straight rematch between Cena/Rock, so perhaps this isn't really a "booking mistake" per se, but I would have preferred a triple threat match with Rock/Cena/Punk. What a Wrestlemania main event that would have been - having all three feuds (Rock/Cena, Cena/Punk, Rock/Punk) culminate all in one match.

-If Punk wasn't getting the main event, then a match with Undertaker was the next best thing, but the way they booked that feud was absolutely terrible and lazy IMO. There was an interesting backstory they could have used for it (which I won't get into here as it would be a little long to type out) but they instead chose to go the lazy route and harp on Paul Bearer's death for extreme cheap heat. I mean, Punk pissing Undertaker off because of juggling (and dropping) the urn? What is this, 1995 with Kama Mustafa?