Blizzard messing with RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Connecticut Governor Dannel P. Malloy held a news conference this morning and said as of 9pm tonight, the entire state will be under a travel ban due to the huge blizzard that’s headed for the Northeast.

Travel bans usually mean that only emergency vehicles and state vehicles are allowed on the road. CT public transportation will shut down at 8pm.

WWE has RAW scheduled for Hartford, CT tonight and talents would then need to travel to Boston for SmackDown.

Malloy held another press conference and was asked about tonight’s RAW. He acknowledged that apparently the event was still taking place, as of now, but said, “As important to the world economy as wrestling is, public safety tops it.”

The XL Center is currently not accepting phone calls but we will keep you updated on the status of tonight’s RAW.

(Source: PWInsider)

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/major-proble...ernor-comments-on-status-of-raw#ixzz3Pwjsx01U

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I heard last night that Philly was gettin bad weather too. Depending on when they got outta Philly, they should be ight.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
inb4nobodyshowsuptoRaw

just what they need after last night's audience shitting on their show. A mostly empty arena tonight!

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Yes but people leave at 11, it was just announced that RAW was canceled. Which is kind of good for me because if people get their money back I'll get a chance to get a good seat if they do the show here next week.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Yes but people leave at 11, it was just announced that RAW was canceled. Which is kind of good for me because if people get their money back I'll get a chance to get a good seat if they do the show here next week.

Got a link? all i find are ones saying it 'should' be cancelled.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Wow. When was the last time RAW was cancelled?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Got a link? all i find are ones saying it 'should' be cancelled.
The governor of the state has a ban on travel this evening. I doubt they even let WWE have the event if they wanted to. Too dangerous to have that many people leaving a place at once time right as the storm gets bad

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
^ You're right. No RAW tonight I think.

- Tonight's WWE RAW taping from Hartford, Connecticut will not be taking place.

WWE crews are currently at the XL Center in Hartford packing up their production trucks. A reader who works across the street was told that the taping is canceled.

PWInsider reports that there will be a RAW broadcast tonight but we're not sure what it will consist of.

Stay tuned for updates.

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
V0X0dBr.png

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
^ You're right. No RAW tonight I think.

- Tonight's WWE RAW taping from Hartford, Connecticut will not be taking place.

WWE crews are currently at the XL Center in Hartford packing up their production trucks. A reader who works across the street was told that the taping is canceled.

PWInsider reports that there will be a RAW broadcast tonight but we're not sure what it will consist of.

Stay tuned for updates.
Maybe they'll just let Reigns cut a 3 hour promo live via satellite about how we should believe that he is the Rock's cousin. that will get him over

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
The governor of the state has a ban on travel this evening. I doubt they even let WWE have the event if they wanted to. Too dangerous to have that many people leaving a place at once time right as the storm gets bad

Totally agreed, i was surprised they didn't announce it earlier lol. The whole XL center saying it's still on was confusing for sure.