Bischoff lashes out on Hardys

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Former WCW President and WWE on-air personality Eric Bischoff posted a blog today commenting on a few topical subjects.

- Bischoff issued his thoughts on Waxman's report regarding steroids in professiona wrestling. "The market will mandate that WWE clean up their act," Bischoff wrote. "Advertising dollars determine who survives and who gets the ax in the world of television. No advertiser wants to be associated with a program or company that has the kind of record that WWE was piling up."

- Bischoff ripped Matt Hardy (as well as his brother Jeff) over his recent review of The Wrestler. "Matt, you are a friggin goof," Bischoff wrote. "Lets set aside the fact that your brother is walking a 'three strikes and you're out" tight rope as a result of his drug abuse, and if internet "news" was accurate, suffered the loss of his home and property due to a fire because he was too irresponsible to insure it. Your recent recap of your "lifestyle" frames you as a candidate to the Jake Roberts Hall of Fame. Your suggestion that you and your generation are "smarter and more responsible" than previous generations of wrestlers makes me sick. You are a mid-card talent that should be grateful to even get a check every other week. Enjoy it while it lasts. And rather than looking down your nose at previous generations of professional wrestlers, donate a portion of your check to one of them and ask them to point out all the parallels between your current career path/lifestyle and theirs. It would be the smartest and most responsible thing you could do."

source: prowrestlingscoops.com

-------------------------------------
:laugh:
Wow, that was abit uncalled for IMO. Way too harsh.

J

Too bad Bischoff is an ass clown and his opinion mean's pretty much nothing.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Seriously, Street Fight at Wrestlemania imo.

No, but thats not stressing you're opinion, thats wrongfully, verbally assaulting someone who has yet to dissrespect you in any way.

The Rated R CMStar

However, he's right, Matt Hardy has no business talking down to previous wrestler generations and their decisions, specially seeing the piece of work his own brother is.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
Bischoff is a brilliant guy, he usually makes excellent decisions, but running down the hardys was not one, Bischoff should realize both guys work hard and are crowd pleaser something bischoff always loved in WCW, so what could he possibly have againest them? Did they say something to him when he was in WWE?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Y'know though as much as I love Matt. Bischoff's not wrong about him. He could've been very easily forgotten about after he was fired before WM 21. And afterwards too. I mean he made a "huge" return and proceeded to do nothing for a good while.
So yeah, he should consider himself lucky to have a job.

Reaction score
Y'know though as much as I love Matt. Bischoff's not wrong about him. He could've been very easily forgotten about after he was fired before WM 21. And afterwards too. I mean he made a "huge" return and proceeded to do nothing for a good while.
So yeah, he should consider himself lucky to have a job.

Same here. Matt's review was garbage, considering who his spot monkey little brother is. I find it incredible that the WWE markets "Team Extr3me" to tweens and kiddies, but openly endorse a known drug problem.

On the other hand, it may have been pretty rude to lash out at Matt like he did. Jeff is one thing, but Matt is another when it comes to singles wrestling. Bischoff shouldn't be trying to step on toes within the business, because what does he have going for him at the moment? Recently cancelled Hulk Hogan's "Celebrity Championship Wrestling"? Pfft. Come on, Eric, you're a great actor.

The Rated R CMStar

Tbf, he must be getting paid a nice amount of money for that show, still involved with wrestling, mixed with his entertainment ambissions, without dealing with The Mcmahons.

Monkeystyle summarized it all better.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

What I can't wait to see is Matt Hardy crying over the internet. Should at least provide some entertainment.

I also find it funny that someone who ran a company is unable to spell 'cheque'.

C4

Nobody cares about Matt Hardy but that interview with Bischoff was somewhat offensive.

Kizza

Lol, the funniest thing is that he's right. Matt is lucky that ECW needed a main face.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I think Bishoff is right, and don't find it offensive at all. Matt pretty much disrespecting previous generations before him that paved the way for him, that put him in the position he's in today, that's not wrong? He was being a hypocryte to me about saying their more responsible.

And for the record, Celebrity Championship Wrestling wasn't canceled.