Biggest upset in WWE history

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated PG-13

Reaction score
Leafs Vs Sabres

The Buffalo Sabres have been hit hard recently by injuries to key players. The Toronto Maple Leafs know that feeling all too well.

Buffalo looks to strengthen its grip on the league's best overall record while Toronto hopes to move up in the Eastern Conference standings when the teams meet Saturday night at Air Canada Centre.

Despite a lineup that featured five rookies - three with fewer than 10 games of NHL experience - the Sabres (43-16-5) defeated Montreal 8-5, and improved to 9-0-1 in their last 10 at home.

Michal Ryan scored his first two career goals and Thomas Vanek also scored twice for Buffalo, which moved one point ahead of Detroit and Nashville for the league's overall points lead.

"It's unbelievable," said Ryan, playing in his eighth NHL game. "I've never really been a part of anything like this."

Right wing Dainius Zubrus made his Sabres debut on a line with Ryan and Adam Mair. Zubrus, acquired from Washington on Tuesday before the trading deadline, did not record a point but was impressed with his teammates.

"I didn't realize how fast this game can be," Zubrus said. "I talked to the coach before and he said we play at a high pace. They jump and they go to score goals. I think now I'll know a little bit more what to expect."

Buffalo scored five goals or more for the fifth consecutive game despite missing injured forwards Chris Drury, Maxim Afinogenov, Ales Kotalik and defenseman Jaroslav Spacek.

Afinogenov and Drury are tied for third on the team with 57 points, Kotalik has 36 and Spacek 20.

Drury missed his third straight game with a concussion and will not play Saturday. He hopes to return Wednesday at home against Colorado.

Afinogenov hasn't played since Feb. 15 due to a broken left wrist. Kotalik is out at least two more weeks with a sprained knee and Spacek is sidelined with a broken hand.

Leading scorer Daniel Briere was held without a point Friday in his return to the lineup after missing one game with the flu. Briere has three goals and four assists in four games this season against Toronto.

Buffalo's Ryan Miller, who finished wirth 27 saves against the Canadiens, is 6-2-0 with a 2.72 goals-against average in eight career games against the Maple Leafs (31-25-9).

The Sabres aren't the only team dealing with injuries. Currently missing from Toronto's lineup are forwards Darcy Tucker, Michael Peca and Kyle Wellwood and defenseman Pavel Kubina.

All-Star defenseman Tomas Kaberle can be added to that list after he took a hard and arguably late hit from New Jersey's Cam Janssen in the second period Friday. Kaberle, second on the team with 49 points, was taken off the ice on a stretcher after a neck brace was applied.

A Maple Leafs official said Kaberle was alert in the locker room and will be held in an area hospital for observation.

"Absolutely no place for it in this game, and that's it," Maple Leafs coach Paul Maurice said of the hit.

Angered by the hit, the Maple Leafs scored three goals in a 2:51 span of the third period, then got shootout goals from Yanic Perreault, Alex Steen and Jeff O'Neill in the 4-3 victory.

The win moved the Maple Leafs within two points of the final playoff spot in the East.

The Sabres have won both meetings in Toronto this season, and three of five overall against the Maple Leafs. Buffalo has earned at least one point in nine of its last 10 visits to Air Canada Centre, going 6-1-2 with one tie.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leafs Are In Trouble Tonight With Kaberle Out :(

NooDLE

Reaction score
^^ I really dont think theyve had a chance at the playoffs in the first place. The leafs are such an up and down team. They get some big wins but then right after they get some huge losses. I think its safe to say with all the players out of action, they dont have a good chance of making the playoffs unless they really step up their game.

Rated PG-13

Reaction score
The_Edge I can't believe that you're questioning that, of course the Leafs are gonna miss the Playoffs. Face it, they're 10th in the East, there's not too many games left, there goalie can't stop a puck, and the games that are left are not gonna be a walk in the park, the Leafs are finished

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
For me even if he did with cause Jericho helped him it is Brooklyn Brawler beating HHH. The biggest jobber ever getting a win is shocking enough but over Triple H was some unexpected shit.

Baller

Reaction score
Shelton Benjamin beating Triple H was pretty shocking

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
For me even if he did with cause Jericho helped him it is Brooklyn Brawler beating HHH. The biggest jobber ever getting a win is shocking enough but over Triple H was some unexpected shit.

I see your "biggest jobber ever" beating Triple H even with help and raise you this:

[youtube]-NB6DpZtd7I&[/youtube]

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
:lol: true that is a pretty damn good one. Pretty funny that HHH is probably gonna be in most people's answer one way or another.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
<object height="261" width="320">What beats this?

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x20ta0?width=320&theme=none" wmode="direct" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="261" width="320"></object>
Stephanie Pins The Rock!

AF.

Reaction score
Randy Orton going over HHH and John Cena CLEAN at WrestleMania 24.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
In history dunno, but in recent memory Sheamus over Cena for the WWE Championship.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I'd say Orton over Cena and HHH at WM and Sheamus over Cena at TLC are surprising, not shocking. Especially the way they happened, they made sense.

Stephanie beating The Rock I suppose trumps Triple H losing to any male. Perhaps we should just agree that the biggest is Hornswoggle beating.....anyone.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Randy Orton going over HHH and John Cena CLEAN at WrestleMania 24.
That's a pretty good one considering the magnitude of it and the fact that I can't recall anyone giving him a chance to win let alone clean.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
I'd say Orton over Cena and HHH at WM and Sheamus over Cena at TLC are surprising, not shocking. Especially the way they happened, they made sense.

Stephanie beating The Rock I suppose trumps Triple H losing to any male. Perhaps we should just agree that the biggest is Hornswoggle beating.....anyone.

biggest upset

I remember at the time nobody thought Sheamus was going to win.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I remember a few people predicting it. It's not even on the radar of biggest upset, especially with what the match type was.