Biggest College Football Upset of the Year?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which upset has been the biggest in this season?

• Oklahoma/Colorado

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oklahoma/Texas Tech

• Ohio State/Illinois

• Michigan/ASU (Appalachian State)

• LSU/Kentucky

• Rutgers/USF

• Oregon/Arizona

• KSU/Texas

• Oregon State/Cal

• FSU/BC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Travis40

Nah, I doubt OU will make it...too many teams in front of them. I'm kind of hoping that Mizzou beats OU Saturday because I want to see a Big 12 team in the NC, I'm kind of tired of seeing OSU in the National Championship...just gets boring.

PeepShow

First of all, I just want to say this. FUCK THE BCS.

Wooh, ok, I think Im ok.

NO! FUCK THE BCfuckingS. I hate it.

I fucking hate OSU. I dont really care for Mizzou. Show some love for Hawaii. I know they arent in a major division and play nobody, but come on. Have you ever heard of an upset? I just hope soon that the Stupid fuckers that make up the BCS soon realize that their heads are shoved too far up their asses and may have the sense to take it out and make a playoff system. Every team in the top 25 deserves a shot. At least the top 8 teams. IDK, I just fucking hate it.

Travis40

THANK YOU PEEPSHOW...finally someone shows some love for Hawaii....even though their schedule isn't very good, San Jose State...New Mexico State...their biggest game is against Boise (not that it's a small time game). The BCS pisses me off...I also fucking hate Ohio State...lol

circle

Reaction score
I hate the BCS too! This year though it hasn't been much commotion, but let's wait and see what happens after this weekend.

Personally OSU hasn't played anybody and has no business being there. Freaking schedule was a cakewalk.

NOthing exciting about them ever gets me...plus I'm a Michigan fan

And of course still no love for Hawaii...U of H...U of H

Texas

Reaction score
Michigan/ASU by far, one of the biggest upsets ever, not just this year.

Travis40

Okay, I can't belive the BCS screwed up this much this year.

Reasons why OU should be in the NC -

Beat the #1 team by 21, LSU beat #14 by 7

Lost both games on road, LSU lost one at home

OU Lost QB during one of their losses...LSU had Flynn both games.

Travis40

^Well...OU has the same level of schedule that LSU has and they had the same record....and OU gets stuck in the god damn Fiesta Bowl against WVU.

circle

Reaction score
I have to agree OU deserves to be in the championship game. As much as I hate the Big 12 they deserve it more than LSU. Good Argument.

When will we have an f'n playoff?

Travis40

^I doubt we will. Becuase of course, each of the Top 20 or so teams (maybe 8, but IDK) will have to play more than 3 games...and if done too quickly, could result in injury for many players that are aspiring to go pro. I think the Bowl system we have right now is good. The only bad thing is the BCS part of it. Plus one more thing, WILL THE GODDAMN SPORTS WRITERS GET THEIR HEADS OUT OF LSU'S ASS?!?!?!?!

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
will you get yours out of Oklahoma's!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

stop crying that they didn't make it to the NC. maybe they shouldnt have lost. Then they would have. Stop acting like your life depends on it. There is always next year, and if you were good at football then you'd be able to go to OU and play, but that isn't happening, so stop acting like your part of the team and you got screwed.

Travis40

....:rolleyes:...I actually used to play football before I quit to focus on baseball....I quit like last year and I was pretty good. I was a Corner Back. But anyways, yes, those two losses were avoidable...if Reggie Smith wouldn't have dropped that punt where CU got the ball back, they'd be in the NC...if Bradford wouldn't have tackled the guy...they wouldn't have lost.

But read my points in my previous post about why OU should be in the NC and LSU shouldn't. LSU plain and simple...LOST AT HOME WITH THEIR QB...OU lost to TT without their QB ON THE ROAD...and they lost a game against CU ON THE ROAD (even though they screwed themselves)

circle

Reaction score
It's over and done with, but if OSU loses the NC...b/c I still feel they don't belong then I'm going to bitch more about a playoff system

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
why doesn't OSU belong? Who does? Hawaii? No. USC. *see Stanford*.

Playoffs would ruin college football. It would basically take away the regular season. Now-A-Days, if you lose 1 game in the regular season, your out of the title picture (except for this year). The Regular season holds so much importance. Much more than other sports (did you know that if the Bengals win out, among other things, they could go to the playoffs, despite starting how they have)

A playoff (16 team) would also add 3-4 more weeks to the season. These kids are in college, although most of them don't care about their education and theink they're the shit and make 15 million in the NFL (that also pisses me off, but thats another story). but some do care about their education (Craig Krenzel), and another they can't spend their whole college career playing football for 6 months, half of them won't play in the NFL, more than half, and they need something to fall back on.

Playoffs in College Football = Kills tradition and the "student*"/athlete

What would college football be like w/o the Rose Bowl, Sugar, Fiesta, Orange? Unless thats the elite eight, which in that case a team who wins the whole playoff would win 3 different bowl trophies, and would only allow for the possibility of 16 teams to win a trophy, instead of the normal 60-65 teams.

Travis40

About the student athletes not caring about their education, I actually know someone by the name of Paul Smith that goes to Tulsa....lol, but I really do. He's broken tons of records for passing this year and he's going to win an acedemic Heisman...I had no clue that they had those lol.

Look who OSU has played this year.....NO ONE IN THE TOP 15!!!! HAWAII HAS AN EASY SCHEDULE (San Jose State, all WAC teams), Oklahoma has faced Mizzou twice....both times they were in the Top 10....THAT is why I don't think OSU deserves to be in the NC...LSU might deserve it since they had a great season and they didn't lose their games in regulation...but still...

And I agree fully with keeping the Bowl Games, I just really don't want Playoffs, and as you said "What would CFB be without the Fiesta, Rose, Sugar, and Orange bowl?".....