Big Smackdown Superstar Switching To RAW Revealed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

eggthief

Reaction score
Yeah they made benoit lose in 6 minutes against Cena before wm23, it would look kinda stupid if the matches would be long and intensive (which the pre-wm23 match should have been)

Great One

CenaMark has a good point seeing how Benoit has lost to both HHH and Edge, who Cena practically beat at the same time...

King_Ash

Reaction score
He has been a midcarder since 2004. You just can't throw someone into the main event with no buildup.

No buildup? Hes only been mid-carding for 2 years now, I think its time to move up to main event again.

imported_zero

i think it is an ok move on wwe part like benoit is made for raw but he was just kicked form the title and is now saspossed to help the main event like really more cena jobbers thats not cool benoit is liek a legend he should not and will not job to cena but i dont think he will be winnign the title anytime soon i think they are doing this to boost the main event seen in raw becuase for the past little while it has been a joke due to khali so i will definintly toon into raw ans see what happens you never know fighting benoit cena might learn a thing or two

Edge_Foreva

Reaction score
Well I could see a Benoit trade a long time ago. Benoit really needed to get off of Smackdown. He was stuck in the mid card and if he stayed on Smackdown he would probably still be in the mid card. Moving him to RAW is a great idea because RAW is getting short on challengers for Cena. By acquiring Benoit they would have someone new in the title chase. So if Benoit moves to RAW he might finally get that main event push he deserves.

Thing is who goes to Smackdown in return, Orton?

CenaMark54

Yeah they made benoit lose in 6 minutes against Cena before wm23, it would look kinda stupid if the matches would be long and intensive (which the pre-wm23 match should have been)

Exactly, Benoit has already tapped to the stfu within the last 2 months.

King_Ash

Reaction score
Exactly, Benoit has already tapped to the stfu within the last 2 months.

Who else is there really? I mean Cena has beat everyone... they are either waiting for Jericho to come back or Triple H is healed, but in the meantime Benoit could be a main eventer, even if not against Cena teaming up with him to take on Khali & Umaga. But I have no idea, thought Lashley was comming to RAW but hes got the ECW Belt back now so I doubt it. But even if Benoit comes to the mid-card area he could make it stronger cause right now it is lacking especially with Santino as the champion.

Captive8

Reaction score
I think it's funny that Cenmark54 says that Benoit looks inferior to Cena. That is funny considering the fact that Benoit is one of the greatest wrestlers of this generation or any generation, period. The only reason why Benoit would look inferior to Cena is because Cena is booked to be Superman. It doesnt matter who you are. Heck, the WWE would book John Cena to defeat God almighty if he would be willing to wrestle him.

CenaMark54

I think it's funny that Cenmark54 says that Benoit looks inferior to Cena. That is funny considering the fact that Benoit is one of the greatest wrestlers of this generation or any generation, period. The only reason why Benoit would look inferior to Cena is because Cena is booked to be Superman. It doesnt matter who you are. Heck, the WWE would book John Cena to defeat God almighty if he would be willing to wrestle him.

Why's it funny? Its true and, like you said, its all about booking. In order for Benoit to look credible against any of the three champions he would have to be built up. No where in any of my posts did I say that Cena is a better in ring technical wrester than Benoit.

People need to read more of my posts before you jump on everything I say. Most of what I say is from a business standpoint.

Who else is there really? I mean Cena has beat everyone... they are either waiting for Jericho to come back or Triple H is healed, but in the meantime Benoit could be a main eventer, even if not against Cena teaming up with him to take on Khali & Umaga. But I have no idea, thought Lashley was comming to RAW but hes got the ECW Belt back now so I doubt it. But even if Benoit comes to the mid-card area he could make it stronger cause right now it is lacking especially with Santino as the champion.

He has never beat Orton clean. Its the only logical feud.

Captive8

Reaction score
No, I respect what you say, if you are coming from a business point. I think Benoit might look bad in a feud with Cena only because he just lost cleanly to Cena within the last two months. Other than that, the feud with MVP doesnt make Benoit look too bad in my opinion. The feud elevated both sides and the title in the process. Benoit didnt really look bad for losing the match because they worked an injury and it protected him, despite losing two falls to none.

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
He has never beat Orton clean. Its the only logical feud.

Well If orton goes off on his way again, doing he hotel room and what not. If He does something REALLY bad then Orton is in the main-event picture and just say, he got fired, who would be next?

Benoit is the only logical way of thinking at this point in time, unless oher superstars return giving WWE more choice which at the moment, they don't have.

PS. Kennedy! Get your ass back in the ring and become WWE Champion!

Reaction score
Why's it funny? Its true and, like you said, its all about booking. In order for Benoit to look credible against any of the three champions he would have to be built up. No where in any of my posts did I say that Cena is a better in ring technical wrester than Benoit.

No, but you dismiss him WAY too easily. It's ridiculous to say that he would need to be built up for months to be taken seriously as a contender to any of the three champs. Pfftt... two of the three champs have been booked ULTRA WEAK. I understand the booking perspective of Edge's reign but he was jobbed out HARD to a leaving HBK, and what else needs to be said of the train wreck feud between Vince/Lashley? Both of those "world" titles are in the toilet thanks to piss poor booking, and Benoit certainly wouldn't need to be built up to contend for a title previously held by Vince McMahonespecially coming out of an extremely hot feud with MVP. Cena and his title have been booked properly on the other hand, but it still wouldn't take pushing Benoit for months just to get a title feud out of him. A: Behind the insanely protected STFU, The crossface is the MOST OVER SUBMISSION in the WWE, B: He main evented the most important PPV in company history (WM 20)and won. He's a former WHC, when it still mattered, and that is instant credibility right there.

You can't be considered main event material if you have been curtain jerking since 2004. It takes time to build wrestlers back up to main event status after years of midcarding.
When did world title reigns, including MOTY, constitute curtain jerking? I mean, you must know something I don't know. And ringwork does help credibility as well. Nobody looks as intense as Benoit when they perform.It gives his matches more credibility with the fans. (See Benoit/Angle RR 03) Look at Benoit's run through the WWE, there are quite a few times where he gets pulled into main events after mid carding for a year or so. Look at the Summer of 2000, look at KOTR 2001, look at RR 2003, look at RR04,, see a pattern? He's made a career as a fill-in main eventer, and also WWE booking hasn't built up a title contender for months since Edge with the original MITB and before that it was Brock Lesnar. They don't book in advance very well. They don't need to with the way Cena is booked. They just need someone to look credible for the month-two month program.

And I know Benoit tapped to the STFU, so what, so did Khali and all it took was a bad promo, a brain chop and a lousy toss slam to reheat that fued. So, if Benoit comes over to Raw, wallops Cena with a chair, slaps him in the crossface until he taps and refuses to relinquish the hold and all the meanwhile JR is doing the incredible put-over hype job on commentary, how is that not better than everything he did in the Khali program? That is ALL Benoit would need for a heat and serve feud with Cena.

Take a look at Orton a couple months ago, or Kane now. Are they main event worthy? What if Sid or Diesal decided to return? Should they be main eventers right away?
I'd say Orton was still in the doghouse until Edge left, and voila, he's getting the biggest PUSH in the company. And you even say he should be feuding with Cena. Kane can be booked to get over at anytime because of the complexity of his character. He's made a career of fill-in main eventing as well. And he has bounced back from the worst booking in company history. That says something for Glen Jacobs the performer. And guess what? Kevin Nash did return. And what did he return as? A main eventer. So what point were you trying to make? The WWE books on MONEY DRAWING FUEDS, and idealistically contenders SHOULD be booked and built up for months, but they're not, and Chris Benoit certainly doesn't need to be, contrary to your beliefs, and there is money in a ready made feud between the brand champion and the new superstar that jumped from the rival brand. Your SEVERELY overlooking Chris Benoit's credibility but that's because your name says it all, you're a Cena mark.

3lions

Reaction score
CenaMark is completely right, imo. I agree with everything he said. He has been at midcard status since 2004 and has been fed to Cena recently, so how would he be a credible challenger? Nobody is doubting Benoit's ability or his true talent, but the way he has been booked in the past three years dictates that he cannot feud with Cena and be seen as a credible challenger. From a booking point of view, it's not realistic.

Like it or not, Khali was a credible challenger for Cena, as he had never been pinned/submitted before. The same goes for Umaga, during the time of his feud. Like CenaMark also said, Benoit could become a credible challenger for Cena, but it would take several months for that to be achieved - by which time other top stars would have returned so he wouldn't be pushed anyway. I do, however, disagree with CenaMark's thought on Orton. There is no doubt that he is a great talent (one of my favourites), but he is not a credible challenger at the moment. He has suffered too many losses (both in the short and long term). If he continues on the run he is currently on, then he could be a credible challenger in the next couple of months, but not yet. The Cena/Orton feud is the biggest money making feud WWE has yet to execute.