Big Smackdown Superstar Switching To RAW Revealed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Currently Chris Benoit is seemingly the only person that has been told of his fate in the upcoming WWE draft lottery. The current plan will see him changing brands from Smackdown to RAW during the 6/11 draft.

Benoit is being moved to RAW due to what the company feels is a lack of main-event level depth on the brand.

CenaMark54

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Currently Chris Benoit is seemingly the only person that has been told of his fate in the upcoming WWE draft lottery. The current plan will see him changing brands from Smackdown to RAW during the 6/11 draft.

Benoit is being moved to RAW due to what the company feels is a lack of main-event level depth on the brand.

How is moving a Smackdown midcarder who just lost his midcard championship going to help the Raw main event scene?

I like Benoit, but I just don't see him as a main eventer anymore. Even if they plan on doing this, it will take months to build him back up and by that time, HHH, HBK, Rey, and Kennedy will all be back.

Unless they are planning on moving him to Raw to be fed to Cena in a short 1 month squash feud.

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
They put him in the mid-card on SD! because they wanted to do something with MVP.

And In my eyes, and bet many, Benoit is a good of a main-eventer than the next guy.

CenaMark54

They put him in the mid-card on SD! because they wanted to do something with MVP.

And In my eyes, and bet many, Benoit is a good of a main-eventer than the next guy.

He has been a midcarder since 2004. You just can't throw someone into the main event with no buildup.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Unless they are planning on moving him to Raw to be fed to Cena in a short 1 month squash feud.

That is exactly what I see happening. Although it will be nice to see a heel Benoit again if they go down that route.

Reaction score
i don't think he'll be in a squash feud... that's how it was with umaga, now khali, those two have somethign in common... they're big and they suck. Benoit isn't that big and he's great... if the E were smart they'd make it a long, great feud

Defiant One

Reaction score
I highly doubt this will be a great feud. This will probaly be just another squash for Cena unfortuantely. Cena has gone over Edge, HBK, HHH, Orton, I see no sign of why this one will be any different.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I do think it's a good idea to move him over to RAW but will he be in a squash feud like CenaMark said? Benoit is still a main eventer but hopefully he can start a small feud and move up to a feud with Cena and HHH, when he returns.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Dang... Benoit is my favorite wrestler... Im gonna miss him on Friday night's if this is true, hopefully if he does move to Raw he can pic up where he left off

CenaMark54

You are an idiot Cenamark. Anybody who was a former WHC or WWE Champion can still be considered main event material. Good move by WWE, Benoit is going to be one of the top guys hopefully and I want to see him go heel again.

You know nothing. Insulting other people doesn't make you right when you are this far off.

You can't be considered main event material if you have been curtain jerking since 2004. It takes time to build wrestlers back up to main event status after years of midcarding. Trust me, Benoit won't be a credible main event threat unless he is built up over several months. If he is thrown into a mian event program with Cena right now it won't turn out the way you want it to. It will be a short one sided feud and Benoit will be back in the mid card overnight.

Take a look at Orton a couple months ago, or Kane now. Are they main event worthy? What if Sid or Diesal decided to return? Should they be main eventers right away?

Soulpower

^^But come on, we're talking about a guy who's arguably the greatest wrestler of our generation, a guy who has earned the respect of every wrestling fan... It can't really be that difficult to make him into a credible challenger for John Cena.

Edit: This was meant for CenaMark

CenaMark54

^^But come on, we're talking about a guy who's arguably the greatest wrestler of our generation, a guy who has earned the respect of every wrestling fan... It can't really be that difficult to make him into a credible challenger for John Cena.

Edit: This was meant for CenaMark

You have to look at the big picture though. Sure the smart fans all love him, but he was never really over as much as he should be with the casual fan.

Plus, at this point in time, does anyone actually beleive, if Cena and Benoit squared off one on one, that Benoit would win. Its not a good mainevent program if the challanger comes in already looking inferior. Right now, Benoit is not over enough for a main event program with Cena. He will need a month or two undefeated streak and a big PPV win to look credible.