• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Smackdown Superstar Switching To RAW Revealed

CenaMark54

No, but you dismiss him WAY too easily. It's ridiculous to say that he would need to be built up for months to be taken seriously as a contender to any of the three champs. Pfftt... two of the three champs have been booked ULTRA WEAK. I understand the booking perspective of Edge's reign but he was jobbed out HARD to a leaving HBK, and what else needs to be said of the train wreck feud between Vince/Lashley? Both of those "world" titles are in the toilet thanks to piss poor booking, and Benoit certainly wouldn't need to be built up to contend for a title previously held by Vince McMahonespecially coming out of an extremely hot feud with MVP. Cena and his title have been booked properly on the other hand, but it still wouldn't take pushing Benoit for months just to get a title feud out of him. A: Behind the insanely protected STFU, The crossface is the MOST OVER SUBMISSION in the WWE, B: He main evented the most important PPV in company history (WM 20)and won. He's a former WHC, when it still mattered, and that is instant credibility right there.

When did world title reigns, including MOTY, constitute curtain jerking? I mean, you must know something I don't know. And ringwork does help credibility as well. Nobody looks as intense as Benoit when they perform.It gives his matches more credibility with the fans. (See Benoit/Angle RR 03) Look at Benoit's run through the WWE, there are quite a few times where he gets pulled into main events after mid carding for a year or so. Look at the Summer of 2000, look at KOTR 2001, look at RR 2003, look at RR04,, see a pattern? He's made a career as a fill-in main eventer, and also WWE booking hasn't built up a title contender for months since Edge with the original MITB and before that it was Brock Lesnar. They don't book in advance very well. They don't need to with the way Cena is booked. They just need someone to look credible for the month-two month program.

And I know Benoit tapped to the STFU, so what, so did Khali and all it took was a bad promo, a brain chop and a lousy toss slam to reheat that fued. So, if Benoit comes over to Raw, wallops Cena with a chair, slaps him in the crossface until he taps and refuses to relinquish the hold and all the meanwhile JR is doing the incredible put-over hype job on commentary, how is that not better than everything he did in the Khali program? That is ALL Benoit would need for a heat and serve feud with Cena.

I'd say Orton was still in the doghouse until Edge left, and voila, he's getting the biggest PUSH in the company. And you even say he should be feuding with Cena. Kane can be booked to get over at anytime because of the complexity of his character. He's made a career of fill-in main eventing as well. And he has bounced back from the worst booking in company history. That says something for Glen Jacobs the performer. And guess what? Kevin Nash did return. And what did he return as? A main eventer. So what point were you trying to make? The WWE books on MONEY DRAWING FUEDS, and idealistically contenders SHOULD be booked and built up for months, but they're not, and Chris Benoit certainly doesn't need to be, contrary to your beliefs, and there is money in a ready made feud between the brand champion and the new superstar that jumped from the rival brand. Your SEVERELY overlooking Chris Benoit's credibility but that's because your name says it all, you're a Cena mark.

Chris Benoit is good, anyone can see that. He just is not a draw, never has been, never will be. He wasn't a draw in 2004 when he had the title, why does anyone think he would be now after being a midcarder since dropping the title to Orton.

Benoit is good to work with younger wrestlers by helping them in the ring and putting them over. But putting him in a fued with Cena right now would be pointless. He would job out to Cena for a month then be back in the midcard. Let me make my point clear. Cena will not lose to a career midcarder ever. Why would the WWE risk everything they have invested in Cena to put over someone who may or may not be a draw? It does't make sense.

Soulpower

But Benoit doesn't have to be a draw... That's what Cena is supposed to do. Umaga and Khali weren't draws, yet the challenged for the WWE title anyways. And from what I see, you're just as much of an Orton mark as you are a Cena mark. You don't think Benoit is cerdible enough to feud with Cena, but you think Orton is.

Look at the recent PPV's while Benoit was retaining the US title, guess who getting jobbed out, RANDY ORTON!! In fact, for the past year Orton has seem less credible than Benoit has, yet you think he should challenge Cena. This is something that Enzo Malenko mentioned in his post, yet you neglected to mention probably because... You're an Orton mark.

And by the way... Orton isn't a draw either. I don't recall wrestling going back to the top when he was the champ. Once again, Orton has less credibility (save for the past 4 weeks) than Chris Benoit. I know he destroyed RVD afterwards, but didn't Orton lose a match after getting kicked to the head? How the fuck is that credible?

Fact is, you're just an Orton mark and that's who YOU want to see feuding with Cena. Credibility has nothing to do with it.

CenaMark54

But Benoit doesn't have to be a draw... That's what Cena is supposed to do. Umaga and Khali weren't draws, yet the challenged for the WWE title anyways. And from what I see, you're just as much of an Orton mark as you are a Cena mark. You don't think Benoit is cerdible enough to feud with Cena, but you think Orton is.

Look at the recent PPV's while Benoit was retaining the US title, guess who getting jobbed out, RANDY ORTON!! In fact, for the past year Orton has seem less credible than Benoit has, yet you think he should challenge Cena. This is something that Enzo Malenko mentioned in his post, yet you neglected to mention probably because... You're an Orton mark.

And by the way... Orton isn't a draw either. I don't recall wrestling going back to the top when he was the champ. Once again, Orton has less credibility (save for the past 4 weeks) than Chris Benoit. I know he destroyed RVD afterwards, but didn't Orton lose a match after getting kicked to the head? How the fuck is that credible?

Fact is, you're just an Orton mark and that's who YOU want to see feuding with Cena. Credibility has nothing to do with it.

Orton at least has been on the cusp of main eventing or main eventing for the past 3 years. Jobbing to HHH, Taker, Hogan, etc. doesn't take much away from your credibility and if it does, its easier to build you back up.

Someone who is one step away from maineventing is much much easier to build up than someone who has basically been a career midcarder.

Aother factor, Benoit has recently and when I say recently I mean last two months, tapped to Cena. Cena has never beat Orton cleanly in a one on one match.

The only reason I mentioned Benoits drawing power is that Malenko mentioned that Cena/Benoit was a money drawing feud, somehow implying that Benoit has as much to do with it as Cena. Cena is a draw, however, he isn't Austin or Hogan. He needs a good feud to be a fully acceptable draw. Khali is a better feud because he was credible as was Umaga. Neither, at the time of there Cena fueds had EVER been beaten up to that point. Benoit is already coming off a lose to Cena and a 2 falls to 0 loss to MVP.

Sure, I'm an Orton mark. That doesn't take away from the fact that Orton is currently being built up (either for a feud with Cena or HHH). he is the most credible heel in the WWE right now after Edge. Neither have beaten the other clean and they have never feuded.

3lions

Reaction score
lol at CenaMark. There is no chance that Benoit will win the WWE Title. He will remain in the upper/midcard for the remainder of his career in WWE and although he may have the occasional title feud, he won't win the 'big one' again.

There's not much more I can say becuase CenaMark has already said it all. Whereas some people can't look past their 'favourites' and the way 'they' think WWE should be booked, CenaMark takes a different outlook on things, looking at the realism of the storyline and most importantly, the perspective from a business standpoint. These are the most important factors.