Big News From Warner Bros At Comic Con

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
Fans will be getting the Batman/Superman film they have been clamoring for, according to reports from The Hollywood Reporter. Man of Steel director Zach Snyder is reported to take the helm. While it seems that Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman in the film, no actor for Batman has yet been rumored. Man of Steel scribe David Goyer is set to pen the script.
Also rumored: a Flash film for 2016 and a JLA movie for 2017.
The Warner Bros. panel is happening at San Diego Comic-Con, and full details are expected to be released then.
UPDATE: Man of Steel director Zack Snyder took the stage at SDCC today to have his MOS actor Harry Lennix read the passage from The Dark Knight Returns as a way to formally announce that the next Superman movie will include Batman! The studio then showed the Superman logo with a new Batman logo behind it. It's really happening, people!
The Superman/Batman movie logo unveiled at SDCC.
UPDATE 2: Here's the official statement from Warner Bros:
On the heels of the worldwide success of Man of Steel, director Zack Snyder is bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time —Batman and Superman —for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution,Warner Bros. Pictures.
The current hit, Man of Steel, has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcoming film brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.
Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in Summer 2015.
Silverman stated, “Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he’s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.†Kroll added, “We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel’ is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.†Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment, noted,“Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack’s continuing vision for the DC Universe.â€
Zack Snyder, who made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con today, breaking the news to audiences there, later said, “I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world.â€The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.Thomas offered, “Whilst our Dark Knight trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack’s fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can’t wait to see what Zack does with these characters.†The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, and Batman characters created by Bob Kane, published by DC Entertainment.

Superman and Batman being together in a new movie is the big thing to take away from the announcement. Think it could be damn good, just need some sort of explanation and backstory for Batman coming in. Will it continue on with the events from the Trilogy...or will we get a new BM. I don't think Bale will be playing him again so mostly likely a recast for the role

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Bale has said he will not reprise that role, and Man of Steel did not fit into that Nolanverse of being realistic. I say reboot Batman entirely, skip the origins as we have all seen that enough, and Superman/Batman is a great way to tell a new kind of origins, the first time Clark & Bruce meet.

If DC/WB are smart, they will use this chance to introduce Wonder Woman aswell, fans of the comics know how popular The Trinity is, and it would be a great way to introduce her without giving her a solo movie that will either be stopped by feminists, or simply flop.

Flash movie is a joke right? His solo TV show did worse than both Swamp Thing & The Incredible Hulk.

Reaction score
If DC/WB are smart, they will use this chance to introduce Wonder Woman aswell, fans of the comics know how popular The Trinity is, and it would be a great way to introduce her without giving her a solo movie that will either be stopped by feminists, or simply flop.

Flash movie is a joke right? His solo TV show did worse than both Swamp Thing & The Incredible Hulk.

Can't see the casual fan buying into the Trinity thing at all, and I rather just see Batman & Superman - kind of cool they doing this just after Superman/Batman #1 did so well.

Flash movie xD? They just did a Flashpoint animated movie but that was only bearable thanks to Thomas Wayne, so it's kind of lol.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I like it but like you said it would be hard to find a way for Batman to show up.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Best thing to have done would have been another solo Batman ignoring the Nolan movies but not being an origin story. Similar to the Bond films then do a Superman Batman. As most of the audience will do nothing but compare this Batman to Nolans.

Not to mention that they have no established Villians. Luthor not established -why would superman need batman. Joker established but same issue as batman with it being constantly compared to Nolan- why would bats need supes. And nobody else has been established.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Best thing to have done would have been another solo Batman ignoring the Nolan movies but not being an origin story. Similar to the Bond films then do a Superman Batman. As most of the audience will do nothing but compare this Batman to Nolans.

Not to mention that they have no established Villians. Luthor not established -why would superman need batman. Joker established but same issue as batman with it being constantly compared to Nolan- why would bats need supes. And nobody else has been established.

If the villain is Doomsday then it would make a little more sense.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Big news here. I'll watch regardless, but I really hope they do good with this. Batman needs no origin story like Prime said, and it's gonna' be shitty when everyone compares this Batman to Nolans, but it is what it is, don't think they should worry about it too much because it's not like they can really stop it.

As for villains, I think they could have it be Luthor. The easiest thing would be for him to be planning something for both Gotham and Metropolis (since those are such big cities) and then voila, you got both heroes trying to stop him.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Doomsday or Darkside would make sense but then who is going to be the baddy in Justice League? Also it's pretty early in the game for superman to be asking for help kinda cheapens him.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if you get more Bruce than Batman in this movie and Batman is a small cameo.

Also I'm guessing this means yet another superman movie without much Clark.

Reaction score
Justice League, ahh-errgg... Doctor Hurt lol?

Luthor can be a half-decent Justice League villain, if someone has the balls to bring back the Joker? Perhaps the Injustice Society or whatever they call themselves, just have guys like Joker, Black Manta, Reserve Flash, Captain Boomarang etc.

Superboy Prime? They are half a dozen half decent ones you could do for the Justice League... Fuck, Ra Al Gu with the League of Shadows could be done as a Justice League movie.

I still think it's gonna be a small cameo by Batman... Or they could just do Batman vs. Superman - Naturally the chances are Batman would win seeing as he's the cash-cow of DC.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If Wonder Woman has small titties I boycot this whole thing.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Can't see the casual fan buying into the Trinity thing at all, and I rather just see Batman & Superman - kind of cool they doing this just after Superman/Batman #1 did so well.

Flash movie xD? They just did a Flashpoint animated movie but that was only bearable thanks to Thomas Wayne, so it's kind of lol.

You only need to introduce the character, and could even be done in those post-credit extra scenes. It sets up Wonder Woman for the Justice League movie, gives some fan service going from just Supes & Bats and giving them the Trinity, and does what is probably the most important thing DC needs to do that Marvel has managed with Black Widow, and now Rescue, and introduce a strong female hero.

The reveal of Thanos at the end of Avengers is setting up the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, as Avengers 2 just got announced with the sub-title Age of Ultron, these cross story reveals can actually cause more people to anticipate the other films.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Pretty much agree with everyone saying that Batman should get a reboot for this, minus the origin story at the start.

I'm normally not a fan of reboots that happen just a few years after the last one, but I'd rather they not touched the Nolan trilogy with a risky project like this. If they do that then I'm all for a Superman/Batman film.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'm excited about this right now. I have yet to see Man of Steel but I love the characters so much, this needs to happen!