Royal Rumble Big names for Royal Rumble 2017?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Nah... sorry, not in the same class as guys like UnderTaker, HBK, Ric Flair, Stone Cold, The Rock.....
Nah, It would be the category right below with guys like Angle, Jericho, Latino Heat and, Edge people of that nature.

• Haha
Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
This is the spot where I see Angle coming in.. I'd join the pop if his music hit.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
He also needs alot of work on the mic
What's funny is that his mic work in like ROH & TNA and indies was actually really solid IMO of course.. I'm not sure what got lost in the transition to WWE tbh but it's clearly a step down on his mic work.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
What's funny is that his mic work in like ROH & TNA and indies was actually really solid IMO of course.. I'm not sure what got lost in the transition to WWE tbh but it's clearly a step down on his mic work.
I dunno... I've never really seen anything from him that impressed me on the mic anywhere... He just always seems so unsure or shaky about what he's saying. I do agree that it's even worse now though, probably the horrible WWE scripting. To me he was always just the fad that got over on the indies because he did some cool tricks or spots & had a good look.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I dunno... I've never really seen anything from him that impressed me on the mic anywhere... He just always seems so unsure or shaky about what he's saying. I do agree that it's even worse now though, probably the horrible WWE scripting. To me he was always just the fad that got over on the indies because he did some cool tricks or spots & had a good look.

True, he's not great on the mic, especially when he's a face. But, he shines in every way when he's a heel.

He just oozes charisma and his in-ring work is top notch.

He is one of the best wrestlers on the planet right now.

Check his ROH and NJPW matches and I'm sure your opinion of Styles being overrated will change. The dude is fantastic.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
True, he's not great on the mic, especially when he's a face. But, he shines in every way when he's a heel.

He just oozes charisma and his in-ring work is top notch.

He is one of the best wrestlers on the planet right now.

Check his ROH and NJPW matches and I'm sure your opinion of Styles being overrated will change. The dude is fantastic.

...yeah yeah, I know it's the cool thing to say man lol, but I've seen alot of his stuff.
His claim to fame is the matches in Japan but almost anybody can have a good match with those guys over there, they're like HBK + Taker + Sting + Eddie Guerrero then multiply that by about 100 times. Before that in TNA he was just a guy that did some tricks.... Don't get me wrong, he's been around, so he has lots of experience but so do alot of guys. He's good, just not as good as everyone says, he's not the best on the planet by far, especially if you factor in those guys in Japan & Mexico. Actually even the UK has some amazing talent that WWE never batted an eye at until the CWC.

Also, I don't see alot of charisma to be honest other than his hand gestures when he comes to the ring lol.... It's not like he's Jericho, HBK or Mr. Perfect.... or even for this generation it's not like he's Bray Wyatt, Enzo, Shinsuke, Breeze or Owens.

Last edited:

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Undertaker I could see, but Austin? Not likely in my opinion.

PWMania

I actually had a feeling about HBK the other day... I don't see Austin at all, atleast not this year.

But as far as Shawn goes, they could play it off as just an appearance & not him actually coming out of retirement.... I could totally see him coming in & going after messing with AJ Styles

As far as others who said AJ might face HBK in a one on one match... you're crazy and that will n-e-v-e-r happen.