Big E: Talk of a Batista Return and other tidbits

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
- WWE Intercontinental Champion Big E Langston recently spoke with Chad Dukes of ChadDukesWrestlingShow.com and mentioned there has been talk of Batista returning. Here are some highlights:

John Cena:
“He’s been very helpful over the past few years, even before I got called up. Just giving me advice, he opened up the weight room to me. I live about 15 minutes away from his gym. He’s been very helpful, just kinda giving me pointers throughout the way, just giving me advice, and really just trying to be a mentor in many ways. I’m really grateful for him taking time to help and guide me. Honestly, he’s done that for a lot of younger talent, people just don’t see that.â€

NXT:
“When you look at NXT, to me there’s a ton of talent, and they’re doing a great job with everyone who’s on NXT for the most part has a story, a character, or something that you know, people can sink their teeth into. Obviously the developmental system has changed, but they’ve invested nearly $3 million dollars into that performance center, it’s huge and they’re going to be able to attract hopefully better talent as the years go on. But I think right now there’s a great deal of talent in NXT and I think it bodes well for our future. Personally, I’m a big fan of NXT as a product. If you ever get a chance to go to Full Sail for those tapings, it has a really different feel than a lot of what we do on the main roster. I’ve actually talked to a lot of people who tell me NXT is their favorite wrestling program.â€

Dream Opponents:
“There are a few guys. For me it’s kinda cool to think about guys you grew up and you idolized. Undertaker has a spot where he has that allure, and that mystique, and everyone always kinda goes to Undertaker as being their guy, and rightfully so. I was also a huge Vader fan, so if they were ever able to bring him back for one, I think that would be cool as well. I know there’s been talk possibly, and I have no idea if it’s gonna happen, about Batista possibly coming back. You know guys like that, you grew up watching idolized, you know they’re all kind a dreams who knows if they’ll ever come to fruition.â€
:ass: Don't play with my emotions Big E, even though its dumb to admit that.

I also agree with NXT being the best wrestling show of 13

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Big E. vs Batista would be freaking awesome! If he does return, it would be cool. Especially since he's been around the backstage areas and whatnot.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
i'd like to see Batista feud with a lot of guys and Ryback wouldn't be needed anymore.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
i'd like to see Batista feud with a lot of guys and Ryback wouldn't be needed anymore.

Why's that? Batista wouldn't be full time, doubt he'd even be part time. Home boys about to blow up, he's got a big role in the next Marvel movie.

And don't compare Ryback to Batista, one guy oozed charisma and helped WWE draw huge in new asian markets.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
I might have missed something somewhere down the road, but why did Batista leave in the first place? The guy was a mega star. He seemed to be in perfect health. and don't those guys make super huge paychecks?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I might have missed something somewhere down the road, but why did Batista leave in the first place? The guy was a mega star. He seemed to be in perfect health. and don't those guys make super huge paychecks?

He was old. Heard Hollywood rumblings and made the leap.

Can't say he didn't do the right thing.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Outside interests like mma, opening a gym, Hollywood, and because he didn't like the thought of a bunch of guys who didn't look like they can whoop a mans ass. The latter is exactly how he described the smaller guys besides Rey and Michaels that was littering the roster. He also wanted to be more edgy he said like he was toward his end run, which they only let him do because he was leaving

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Outside interests like mma, opening a gym, Hollywood, and because he didn't like the thought of a bunch of guys who didn't look like they can whoop a mans ass. The latter is exactly how he described the smaller guys besides Rey and Michaels that was littering the roster. He also wanted to be more edgy he said like he was toward his end run, which they only let him do because he was leaving

Hugging fatgirls and kissing babies.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Why's that? Batista wouldn't be full time, doubt he'd even be part time. Home boys about to blow up, he's got a big role in the next Marvel movie.

And don't compare Ryback to Batista, one guy oozed charisma and helped WWE draw huge in new asian markets.
I think vince was hoping Ryback would become the next Batista.

That was my point Dave is great and Ryback is Meh.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
I would think that any of the higher ups would have seen Rybotch's potential early on, so he was destined to be flavor of the week from the start.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I would think that any of the higher ups would have seen Rybotch's potential early on, so he was destined to be flavor of the week from the start.
Not putting words into your mouth, but don't you even remotely see the comparisons to him last year to Daniel Bryan this year? Put in no win situations where he is just the middle guy stuck between the villain and the main hero. Ryback and Bryan were Sam and Cena/Rock are the Frodos.....Big picture.

If they didn't hotshot Ryback and give him shit finishes over the fall and into Mania season, he would've been a champ by now......Sound familiar? Kinda like the excuses people were using for Danile Bryan this year?