Beverly Hills Cop

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Time to start burning to do the neutron dance: CBS has ordered a drama pilot for fall 2013 that will serve as a sequel to Beverly Hills Cop.
The pilot, which will share the same name as the 1984 blockbuster that starred Eddie Murphy, is from Shawn Ryan (The Shield) and Sony TV. Here is the official logline: “A continuation of the iconic Beverly Hills Cop universe as Axel Foley’s blue-collar police officer son, Aaron, helps take down the criminal elements of the rich and famous, while simultaneously trying to escape the shadow of his larger than life father.â€￾
Yes, Axel fans, Murphy will appear in the pilot and may recur if the drama goes to series. He’ll also exec produce the drama.

To me this has fail written all over it much like the last Knight Rider series. I mean Shawn Ryan is pretty good but you've already made it about his son whose apparently a cop and acts the same way as Foley? I just have very little hope for this.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Not sure if another film or this would be worse. It is a dead series neither of the movie sequels got anywhere near the wonderful first feature. If they go in a different direction it may work but I don't see this working on TV.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Let the timeless classic be what it is, a timeless classic! People will appreciate it more if it was just the movie to be honest. As in, no sequels, unless all the original cast and everything were involved.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I remember there being plenty of talk about another Beverly Hills Cop movie for the past five or six years but nothing ever came of it. Can't believe that they are going to turn it into a television series. I would much rather them do a one off movie then try to turn this into a television series, of course the best option would be to not touch it at all and just leave the series how it is.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I agree film or tv you never quite get the formula right unless you have the same writers and directors. Most of the people involved including Eddie Murphy have kinda faded into obscurity. And the whole son daughter formula just screams of cheap writing.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah it is the standard formula and it is probably going to be a completely bland TV adaption. I see this going the way of most of the recent TV reboots like Knight Rider, Charlies Angels, Wonder Woman etc. it is going to bomb.