Best WrestleMania Elite 8: WrestleMania 21 vs WrestleMania XX

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which is the best WrestleMania?

• WrestleMania 21

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • WrestleMania XX

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Outside of the main event, what exactly on this show warrants a rewatch every month?

Jericho/Christian, Rock & Sock/Evolution (the greatest handicap match of all time), Madison Square Garden, Guerrero/Angle...

Also the fact it's the first ever wrestling event I ever saw.

Reactions: Keith

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
So I'm gonna breakdown the cards mainly cause I'm bored and I've rewatched these fairly recently

WMXX
Cena/Show - Pretty meh, was cool seeing Cena go over and win his first title but Show was ass during this time and Cena wasn't what he would become yet.
World Tag Titles - A mess, not a fan of this concept at all, felt like they were just trying to fit everyone on the show and this match wasn't any good either
Christian/Jericho - Real good stuff here, can't say anything bad about this one, nice swerve ending as well
Evolution/Rock and Sock - More good stuff, great seeing Rock in the ring again and the match itself was also good and not just bc of the novelty of Rock being back
Evening Gown match - I mean this sucked but like ass and titties so I won't really complain
Cruserweight Open - Again they just wanted to get everyone on the show and this was fine for what it was but holy shit I didn't need this many <2 minute cruiserweight matches, would have preferred a fatal 4-way a million times over
Goldberg/Lesnar - LOL glad they made up for this years later
WWE Tag Titles - Ugh another one, isn't any better than the Raw match
Victoria/Molly - Build was fun, this match wasn't, they just rushed it to shave a woman's head.
Eddie/Angle - Really like this one, they have better matches but this one still rules to me
Undertaker/Kane - Glad this only got 8 minutes bc these two never have good matches together, Bearer's return was the only real highlight
Triple Threat main event - Obviously awesome and it's what makes people love this show so much, great fucking match and Eddie/Benoit celebrating afterwards with JR's commentary might be better than anything on 21, but it can't eclipse the rest of the card.

WM21
Rey/Eddie - Solid opener, a little disappointing bc they've had way better matches but I still fuck with this only bc it was an opener
MITB - First one ever and it fucking rules, I always like most MITB matches and this first one did great setting the standard that may have only been beaten a few times in the many MITB matches we've had since
'Taker/Orton - One of the first good streak matches, not amazing by any means but it had it's moments that delivered and then some like that Chokeslam counter into an RKO :mark:
Trish/Christy - fucking sucked
Angle/Michaels - Just rewatched this earlier today (s/o Adam Cole) and HOLY SHIT it is so amazing, one of the best matches in 'Mania history easily
Sumo match - LOL glad this was short
Cena/JBL - Kinda sucks, these two didn't have the best chemistry unless they were beating the absolute shit out of each other like the "I Quit" match they'd have later
HHH/Batista - Amazing build-up but also a little disappointing too, not a bad match by any means but they also end up having way better ones later in the feud.

So I still say 21 easily from that just from it's consistency even with it having lackluster main events compared to XX bc XX just has too much shit in between the 4 good matches on the card. Quality > quantity wins here for me, but I'm also not trying to shit on XX by any means bc I like it a lot too, I just think a lot of you guys are looking on it with some crazy rose colored glasses bc of the good matches on it where 21 was good all around and didn't have near as much filler, but the title matches not being as good definitely hurt it.

EDIT: Also these two were tied in seeding points so I'm not surprised at all how close this is but they're up against X-Seven next 8D

Last edited:
Reactions: Cwalker

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I’ll have to rewatch this Jericho/Christian match because I don’t remember it being anything special

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I’ll have to rewatch this Jericho/Christian match because I don’t remember it being anything special

I mean it was pretty standard, but those two have great chemistry so it stands out when compared to the rest of the card for sure.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I mean it was pretty standard, but those two have great chemistry so it stands out when compared to the rest of the card for sure.
That’s what I thought. I remember it being a Raw match that had a swerve at the end. Can’t give it extra points just cause it was one high point on an average show

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That’s what I thought. I remember it being a Raw match that had a swerve at the end. Can’t give it extra points just cause it was one high point on an average show

It's more me giving it extra points bc I love those two guys than bc of the rest of the show tbh I'd probably say it was a tad better than the Eddie/Rey opener from 21 for comparison.

Reactions: Cwalker

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I just want to ask, those who voted for XX when was the last time you watched it?
Damn Fab...I'm shocked you gonna no sell CLB's biggest career highlight
giphy.webp

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Damn Fab...I'm shocked you gonna no sell CLB's biggest career highlight
giphy.webp
Making out with Trish? Yeah I can see that

Reactions: Chris

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I enjoy the Jerico/Christian match. Its nothing special, but the twist is well handled at the end.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
In my opinion main events are more important and XX had that. The 21 main events basically saw the new breed (Batista and John cena) take over WWE but in shit matches so it didn't mean as much. The XX main event is the greatest Wrestlemania main event of all time imo so yeah.

• Love
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
In my opinion main events are more important and XX had that. The 21 main events basically saw the new breed (Batista and John cena) take over WWE but in shit matches so it didn't mean as much. The XX main event is the greatest Wrestlemania main event of all time imo so yeah.
tenor.gif

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Better than 26?

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Better than 26?
I'd say so. Then again I don't think either is the GOAT. That's reserved for this...

The match and show that'll unfortunately end XX's miracle ride here.