Best of the Solo Avengers Movies?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Best Solo Avenger Movie?

• The Incredible Hulk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iron Man 2

• Captain America: The First Avenger

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
With Iron Man 3 soon to be upon us and sequels to both Thor and Captain America coming down the pipeline, I was wondering which movie everyone felt was the best of the first bunch? As always, it would be awesome to hear some reasons as to why you feel the way that you do.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Straight from the get go, Incredible Hulk & Iron Man 2 are definitely the weakest of the bunch. Not bad, but definitely bottom.

Third would be Captain America, as I felt the World War 2 setting helped to really set it apart from the other movies. It made it feel far more unique than the others.

Just second would be the first Iron Man, as it was a great introduction to Tony Stark, RDJ was brilliant and having him kidnapped by terrorists really helped bring the character into the modern era.

But first is definitely Thor. The right mix of action and humour, with some stunning imagery on Asgard and better supporting characters than a lot of it's fellow Phase 1 compatriots.

What's funny is that Thor's sequel is the one I'm looking least forward to :lol:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Leaning towards Thor myself but I'm going to give it some more thought first. I didn't mind the second Iron Man as much as others seemed to, but I do think its not necessary to see it prior to Avengers. As for Cap, I loved the first (sucker for war movies) but the second has some real potential if they don't fuck up the story.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Leaning towards Thor myself but I'm going to give it some more thought first. I didn't mind the second Iron Man as much as others seemed to, but I do think its not necessary to see it prior to Avengers. As for Cap, I loved the first (sucker for war movies) but the second has some real potential if they don't fuck up the story.

Yeah, Winter Soldier is my pick too, the story looks awesome.

Never got why Iron Man 2 got the critical treatment it did when it first came out, loads of people absolutely hated it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Never got why Iron Man 2 got the critical treatment it did when it first came out, loads of people absolutely hated it.
I think a lot of people were expecting it to be even better than the first (a lot of comic book part 2's are) and when it wasn't it became a total hate-a-thon for awhile. In retrospect, I didn't really like it until I watched it a second time, but I still never hated on it like some. I also remember a lot of people not being into Mickey Rourke's character, but I thought he did a good job playing it.

Castiel

Reaction score
All the post Avenger sequels look much better than any of these choices. None were bad but I don't see any as being "great" like The Avengers itself was. I'd probably agree with Thor seeing as how I don't think I ever did finish Captain America because it bored me, Iron Man 2 just felt like a filler of a movie, and The Incredible Hulk was kind of a mess. I did really like Iron Man but maybe it's just the fact that it's been years since I watched it that I can't seem to bring myself to choose it.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I loved the first Iron Man movie. I didn't like it so much at first, but after watching it a couple of times, I definitely feel it is one of the strongest of the Avengers movies. It was hard to choose against Thor and Captain America because both of those were top notch. Iron Man 2 wasn't awful, but it seemed that they all phoned it in. That was my only problem with it. Incredible Hulk, I liked it, but didn't love it. I think it is just to hard to do a Hulk movie. He only works in small doses such as in the Avengers movie. If I were to rank them in order, Iron Man would be tops and that is what I voted for.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Iron Man takes this for me. Usually the first of anything is best. This was the first in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Great script, great story, great acting. I really liked it.

Castiel

Reaction score
I feel like I really need to pop in the first Iron Man again before watching Iron Man 3.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
As much as I did enjoy the first two Iron Man films, I have to say Captain America.

I have always been intrigued by the character of Captain America, and I just thought it had a great story and loved the war aspect of it.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Iron Man 3 has now taken the top spot for me.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'm seeing Iron Man 3 on Tuesday with my friend so then I'll decide on that.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I've just seen Iron Man 3 and my answer to this question is Captain America.

Tbh, I really don't see why people think Iron Man 3 is that good, it took 25 minutes to start and then the only really good scenes were in the final 15. In between all I saw was filler, bad jokes, an annoying kid, cardboard villains, an obvious swerve with Kingsley and a bombastic soundtrack that, like The Dark Knight Rises, failed to trick me into thinking I was watching something great.

More than anything else, this movie has finally made me realize that my tastes have changed and comic book stuff no longer seems to appeal to them. It's unfortunate, but I guess that's part of life.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Just saw Iron Man 3. Good movie but certainly doesn't take my top spot in the Iron Man trilogy. The first is still the best. Ben Kingsley got about 7 minutes of screen time and him being an "actor" was quite annoying TBH. However, the rest was a good story wil the right dose of comedy and action. A thumbs up from me but not the best.