Best mic work of the PG era?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
What specific promos stick in your mind when you think of exceptional mic work? Obviously CM Punks shoot is going to be top of most of your lists, so I'll post the video for you :).

One's for me are Miz' promo as US Champion and multiple promos as wwe champion. He's for me been the stand out star in more recent years. Post yours :).

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Am I the only one who doesn't really like punks shoot that much as an actual promo? Re watching it without the shock of when it initial happened it seems abit plain imo. I prefer his work when he was feuding with hardy tbh.

Reactions: Swift and Testify

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I disagree. His mic work makes it believable, even after we know it's a worked shoot he still looks believable there. It was pretty fantastic. Rocks return doesn't really count lol was wanting more PG stars.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Honestly, I've always enjoyed Cena's work on the mic when he's in his troll moods. He's the only reason I was interested in Rock vs Cena.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan

I've liked the Miz since 2007. Not a big fan of the face thing but all his heel work was great.

Im not a fan, In my opinion, He is on the list of worst in ring workers to hold the WWE Title (There has been a lot worse but he is on that imo) and him on the mic for me is mediocre, Again its my opinion.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Im not a fan, In my opinion, He is on the list of worst in ring workers to hold the WWE Title (There has been a lot worse but he is on that imo) and him on the mic for me is mediocre, Again its my opinion.

Have you been watching his work since returning from shooting the marine? He's stepped up the ring work immensely, still not a great technician but he isn't bad.

Reactions: DK JAMES

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Have you been watching his work since returning from shooting the marine? He's stepped up the ring work immensely, still not a great technician but he isn't bad.

Yeah a bit, That figure four is horrible and he needs to stop doing it now. He has improved a lot yes but still not great, When he held the title he was no where near as good as he is now, I dont know what WWE were thinking.

The Lloyd

Jobber
Reaction score
Heel Miz on mic: Great
Face Miz on mic: Disgusting
Plus, he is awful in the ring, so he has nothing going for him as a face.