Best Funeral Ever

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
[youtube]-a6l2NTZUv4[/youtube]
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Best-Funeral-Ever/388180501268997

Stumbled across this new show on Facebook last night after the pilot aired. The show is filmed in my hometown of Dallas, TX and has already become fairly controversial for obvious reasons.

What confuses me is that in the trailer, they make it known that the African American "home-going celebration" differs greatly from that of your typical "funeral", however, the show doesn't seem to have any problem with calling itself "Best FUNERAL Ever", probably just so it grabs your attention more.

Now let me be clear, I'm not African American and I have no idea how these "home-going celebrations" usually go down, what is acceptable, what's considered "disrespectful", or where that line is drawn. However, I can't ignore the fact that these families are clearly exploiting the deaths of their fallen loved ones for a chance to be on television, so it's very hard for me to believe that it could possibly be "the worst day of their lives" despite what level of theatrics this Golden Gate place resorts to.

What are your opinions on this show? Do you consider it disrespectful? Is anyone here familiar with "home-going celebrations" and can give the rest of us a better idea of what these types of funerals are usually like?

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
To me, it's absolutely devoid of human dignity. I have never been a big fan of reality TV, and this is just so....crass, I cannot express my distaste in words.

I cannot believe how anybody would let their loved one/family/friend be paraded around like that. Cremation is the norm in my country, and death is not looked at as "the end" or a path to "resurrection" and is usually a transition between two planes of existence, and while I don't believe in the mythology, I sure as hell have some kind of human decency to respect the whole thing, and....wow. Ugh.

Call me sentimental. You just don't go there. Ever.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
To me, it's absolutely devoid of human dignity. I have never been a big fan of reality TV, and this is just so....crass, I cannot express my distaste in words.

I cannot believe how anybody would let their loved one/family/friend be paraded around like that. Cremation is the norm in my country, and death is not looked at as "the end" or a path to "resurrection" and is usually a transition between two planes of existence, and while I don't believe in the mythology, I sure as hell have some kind of human decency to respect the whole thing, and....wow. Ugh.

Call me sentimental. You just don't go there. Ever.
I'm inclined to agree with you. I'm not even religious, but at least I have respect for the dead. I would hate my relatives forever if they did this for another fallen relative, especially one that I was close to. I've heard some people say that they want to have all these extravagant celebrations in their memory after they pass away, but I always saw that as pretentious. I would rather make it quick and painless for my loved ones, but that's just me. Funerals shouldn't be treated like birthday parties.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Man, i don't know exactly what to make of this.... I mean if this is truly what a "home-going celebration" entails and it was what the deceased wished for, then I guess I have to accept it as something I might not be comfortable with personally but who am i to judge what others view as acceptable... Is this so very different from a traditional Irish wake?? sure it is far more over the top but at it's core it is a celebration of the memory of a loved one. I would assume that someone who lived an extravagant lifestyle would like to also go out in an extravagant way.... so again, this is completely not for me, but I can't pass judgement on anyone who chooses this as being right or good for them

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I get the idea of celebrating someone's life, but to me it looks like their celebrating someone's death instead. The whole thing just looks wrong.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'd rather watch Jersey Shore than something like this. Even though that wrestling thing did kind of look cool.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
LMAO I can't believe that something like this actually exits. It reminds me of a My Name is Earl episode where Earl has to organise a funeral for Josh and they go to this weird funeral home where the guys sets up the bodies in modern life situations. One guy is watching football, another is an astronaut and then for Josh they set him up at a computer. This is just creepy and wrong, celebrating life is a great thing, mocking someone's death isn't.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Just a horrible and ill-thought out idea.