Ben Roethlisberger restructures deal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

W-olf

Reaction score
credit ESPN

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is doing his part to help the team get under the 2012 salary cap.
The Pro Bowl player joined linebackers Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley and cornerback Ike Taylor in restructuring his contract to make sure the perennial AFC contenders get under the cap by March 13.

The Steelers saved $8 million in cap space by restructuring Roethlisberger's deal, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Pittsburgh was an estimated $8 million over the cap before reworking Roethlisberger's contract Thursday and will have to trim even more space in order to use the franchise tag on wide receiver Mike Wallace.
This is the second time in six months Roethlisberger has reworked the eight-year, $102 million deal he signed in 2008. The new contract doesn't affect the money or length of the deal but gives the Steelers some much needed cap relief.
Roethlisberger was scheduled to make $11.6 million in 2012 but the new deal will save the Steelers several million next season.
The team hopes to use some of the money freed up by restructuring to address the contract status of Wallace, who will be a restricted free agent.
General manager Kevin Colbert said Thursday in Indianapolis that he believes Wallace, elected this past season to his first Pro Bowl, will remain with the team.
"We want Mike to finish his career with the Steelers," Colbert said, "and I'm confident Mike wants to finish his career with the Steelers."

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I really like how highest paid players come together to help the team like this. I think the Steelers would survive without Wallace but having him will still help the team out.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Big Ben deserves respect. No matter how you want to spin it or how many rape jokes you want to make, Ben is the real deal. After Rodgers, Brees and Stafford, he had the best season of any of the QBs this year. He's been the man for the Steelers, there's no debate, and I think he'll keep on being the man for the long haul.