Batman: Arkham Asylum - Release Date: August 25th, 2009

• Thread starter straight_edge76
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

James Deuce

Reaction score
It was good, but it won't be game of the year. It lacks replay value. Once you're done with the game, you can go and collect all the riddler pieces for the achievements. You can do the challenge maps, but that gets old after awhile. Great game, but not game of the year.

straight_edge76

Yeah you are probobly right. But I don't play games nearly as much as i used to with School starting back up and with working 40+ hours a week.

noumenon

The initial play through is incredible, but short. The combat and stealth challenges are enough to keep you occupied for another week or so until it loses its charm.
I think had they allowed you to run back through the game fulled upgraded with the Armored Bat suit it would have added a lot to the replay value. Even the final battle with Joker was insanely easy.
Hopefully they learn if they make a sequel and make the story mode a lot longer and improve the replay value.
::crosses fingers:: free roaming Gotham, Batmobile and side quests.....PLEEEEEEASE?

noumenon

Anyone remember the game for Spiderman 3? I just remember it being really cool to be able to travel around the city and stop intervene on muggings, robberies and police chases and such. Something like that incorporated into Arkham Asylum's sequel would put the game over the fucking top..not to mention being able to cruise Gotham in the Batmobile.

James Deuce

Reaction score
Would be cool to see that concept, but be ready for really really dulled down graphics. They are so great in this game because everything is so "scripted", if you get what I mean.

Harry Potter

Reaction score
Game was sick, wish it had some more reply value though

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Maybe my room mate just sucks at gaming, but I can't see how people are saying this game is insanely easy. Especially the fights against Bane and the Titans, from what I've watched, are time consuming and you're easily killed.

He played it all day while I was at work and is only at 41% completion. So I dunno how the game is insanely short. But then again, maybe its because he's collecting trophies along the way rather than just powering through it all.

This Guy

I think your roomate sucks at gaming then. Cause I'm pretty average and Bane and the titans were easy. the only time I died was when I couldn't figure out where to go and it was one of those parts where if you got detected there would either be a barage of enemy weapons fire or a hostage would be killed.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Well I just played the game for 8 hours straight and only got 30% completion thus far. So I still don't see how people claim this game is insanely short. lol.

Unless of course you just powered through the game, collecting no trophies or secrets and just did the bare minimum you needed to in order to beat the game. Because I can say now from personal experience this game is not short.