Batman: Arkham Asylum - Release Date: August 25th, 2009

• Thread starter straight_edge76
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the dark knight

my final exam is on teh 25th so ill probably buy it as soon as i walk out.

This Guy

Wait what do you mean Joker isn't actually in the game? Because he definitely is. Joker is playable through the multiplayer and he is featured in the single player campaign. I suggest you all do yourselves a favor and pick up the demo ASAP. From what I have played so far it's easily the best Batman game and might be better then x men origins wolverine. Also I wouldn't count on Joker coming to xbox live. Sony and DC have a great relationship. I mean after all Sony and DC are making DC Universe Online together for the PS3. I think DC has more of a say than Warner Bros.

DC Comics is owned by Warner Bros....its basically the same company. So Warner Bros calls the shots for everything DC basically (except when the decendants of Co-Superman creators try to sue even if its justified but thats a whole other story lol)

Just because DC & Sony have a good relationship doesn't mean there going to shun 360 users for life. Microsoft has a great relationship with Bethesta, yet they are still going to eventually add all the downloadable content currently exclusive to 360 for Fallout 3 on PS3. Its just limited exclusives which is what the Sony rep told us Joker was.

Again, may not be 100% accurate, but there usually is some truth to the rumors.

so yeah I know he's in the game as the featured villian but the playable Joker is a download on PS3 for Multiplayer. So Joker is not actually in the PS3 version as a playable character unless you download him. I found this on IGN.

April 23, 2009 - Eidos Interactive and Warner Bros. announced today that the Joker will be a playable character in the upcoming title Batman: Arkham Asylum -- but only on the PlayStation 3. Joker will be available at the game's launch as a free downloadable item on the PlayStation Store. The press release notes that he will only be available for use in the Challenge Maps, so don't expect a massive single-player campaign associated with the legendary villain.

So again, there is a very good chance that Joker will not always be free and that he could very well be eventually available to 360 owners.

This Guy

woo hoo its only $38 in Canada for the regular edition!!! yeah!!

btman

Reaction score
Yeah so I got it today for $40 Canadian woo... Didn't get to play it as the girlfriend took all my time...

But I HAD pre-ordered the collectors edition until I learned from multiple sites... The "Batarang" included was changed from metal to plastic because the game was "selling too well" basically... Because too many kids pre-ordered it... And even though it was on a stand.. They still felt the need to change it to plastic. I don't blame them for the move... But I know they lost more than just my pre-order over it.

This Guy

the collectors is a waste of money...not only is it plastic which doesn't really bother me, but its all scratched up to shit, to look battle worn....but it looks like a kids plastic toy thats been worn and looks like crap.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

This game is fucking awesome and Joker has a motherfucking revolver bitches!

I'm playing on hard to make it last, getting my ass kicked. Those damn guns

And the Riddler is a troll

Klide

I downloaded the Demo and i watch my brother play it looks sick actually might buy it together with Uncharted 2. And also already downloaded the Joker Pack just in case :)

noumenon

i beat it on easy..then normal..then hard.

It's a bit dissappointing once you finish the game. You can still roam around and collect Riddler Trophies and all that but all the enemies disappear :/

noumenon

Yeah...it's an action adventure game bro..it's short. I'm gonna write my review and post it up in a few minutes.

This Guy

I played for a couple hours the first day I got it home...I'm only about 25% complete so far....I'm loving it so far.

noumenon

^I think he kinda implied that when he said "The Joker has a revolver bitches"

noumenon

I've got the game at like 96 percent right now... I need to do one or two more challenges...both are giving me an insane amount of trouble.