Batman: Arkham Asylum - Release Date: August 25th, 2009

• Thread starter straight_edge76
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/batman_arkham_asylum/preview-1471.html

Batman_Arkham_Asylum.jpg

anyone else anticipating this game? I am and looking forward top playing as the Joker for once. I believe that It could be the first good batman game since the 16-bit days.

I believe it is going to be released in August. Thoughts?

the dark knight

batman begins was actually pretty damn good...........

and yes im looking forward to get it.

straight_edge76

Yeah the fighting looks pretty smooth and i heard that in the PS3 version the Joker is going to be playable, not sure about the 360 version.

noumenon

As an absolute junkie for anything and everything Batman...yeah...I'm jizzing my pants over this game.

I just got my hands on the demo, the combat system is absolutely incredible..plays really smooth.
The graphics look fucking great.
Kevin Conroy (from Batman TAS) is still doing his voice. They did an amazing job of combining his old school costume with some modern effects.

Yeah, Joker will be playable on the PS3 version. They haven't yet announced the unlockable content for the 360 version but I'm sure they haven't left X-Box out in the cold.

straight_edge76

^^Let's hope so, especially being that I am not 100% sold on the ps3 as a number one console for me yet.

This Guy

^^there is no exclusive for 360, however from what our sony rep told us, the Joker being playable for PS3 is actually through a download through the PSN network. (code to download for free apparently will be including in the package) the rumor is that its a timed exclusive and that 6 months later Joker will be available to purchase and download on XBL as well at which point PS3 versions will probably not include the code for the free download and cost PS3 users to get him as well. Thats at least what we were told anyways.

Klide

Game looks sick graphics are awsome and I would like to play as the joker. But idk if I can get it as soon as it's realeased planning on buying to much games around nov. Probly get it 2010 :(

noumenon

^Well, it's coming out in August...so how would buying something in November affect you buying this? lol.
And if you're worried about these games interferring with each other's play time..let's be realistic. As cool as this game may be I'm sure it isn't going to take more than a day or two of solid playing to beat.

Klide

^ then if I buy it now Ill have too cancel a game that I was going to get in nov. Which I don't want to do :)

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Definitely getting this first. Then if I have the money I'll get ODST. If not, I'll just wait for Bioshock 2 and Assassin's Creed 2. Regardless....this is number 1 priority for me. I can't wait.

straight_edge76

This and Madden are likely two of the only for sure buys for me untill January.

Nation

The demo is out now on PSN and XBOX Live(Pretty sure). If you have a PS3 obviously pick up the PS3 version when the game comes out because Joker is playable exclusively on PS3 due to Sony's partnership with DC Comics.

This Guy

It will be on X-Box Live at 10am (about 8 hours) Sony actually put it up early. They were suposed to wait till 10am as well (woops. lol)

Bonus Challenge map (Scarecrow Graveyard) download code with Pre-order at Gamestop & EB Games stores. (good thing I pre-ordered) the commercial for it is pretty funny.

Rumor from our Sony rep is Joker is not actually in the game, and that PS3 users will have a code for the first 6 months included in there case that allows them to download it for free from PSN. After 6 months, the code will be removed from the case and it will cost $1.99 to download Joker....at which point Warner Bros. has the option of also making Joker available to X-Box Live, which would probably be about 100 to 150 points to download.

Keep in mind our reps tend to talk out of there ass a little, but there usually is some truth to what they say. So although parts of the story may be accurate I wouldn't hold that to be 100%

Nation

Wait what do you mean Joker isn't actually in the game? Because he definitely is. Joker is playable through the multiplayer and he is featured in the single player campaign. I suggest you all do yourselves a favor and pick up the demo ASAP. From what I have played so far it's easily the best Batman game and might be better then x men origins wolverine. Also I wouldn't count on Joker coming to xbox live. Sony and DC have a great relationship. I mean after all Sony and DC are making DC Universe Online together for the PS3. I think DC has more of a say than Warner Bros.