Batista Pwns

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Exactly BKB. Sometimes, going out of your way for spots makes it worse, like Sheltons spots. He's ok when he's doing amateur wrestlign with suplexes and shit, but his main thing is the spots, but those arent that good,. He's a midcarder, and always will be, and if HE wanted more, e would've gone somewhere else, but he probably likes it, or is at least fine with it.
Whatever though, you can have your opinion, but Shelton is only a good midcarder.

And ya, what Kenendy, Morrison, and punk got ARE pushes. This si where you show your lack of knowledge. not everything has to be a main event push.
Firstly, I wasnt talking about them currently, in MVP's case, I was talking about how they pushed him in general, back in 06, 07 and early 08, and made him on that level RIGHT UNDER the main event.
But anyways, wwe is currently pushing these guys. Morrison is being pushed hard as the future. Dont believe me? Listen to hwo the announcers putting him over. They either call him the future of tag wrestling, or in JR's case, teh future of wwe. Along with that, they give him good match time, and have pushed him (since last year) from low card, to a very respectable UPPER midcarder. Next time he gets a push will be to the main event, but thats an example how they pushed him, because hes a good athlere (like shelton) AND has good charisma.
Punk spealks for itself.
And Kennedy is being pushed hard. I take it you havent been watching wrestling for more than 5 years right? because you obviously dont know much about pushes. Steve Austin didnt win his first world title until Wrestlemania in 1998, yet it was 2 years before that that he made the Austin 3:16 speech.
That means that, until 96, Austin was floating aimlessly. Then, he finally got his break, in 96, and became one of the most popular guys. But even though he was probably one of the top 3 in popularity, he never got his real main event push until 1998, even though he was being pushed as a popular guy.
Same thing is happening with Kennedy. I dont want to say he has to do what Austin did, but it seems to be the route they're taking.
He was floating aimlessly before wwe. Then, for 2005, again, floating aimlessly. Then in mid-2006, he got in some big name feuds, and became popular (just like Austin's outbreak of poopularity) then, now, it took Austin 2 whole years of being popular before he won a world title. Right now, its ALMOST 2 years since Kennedy had his big breakout, and even though he hasnt won a world title, he is still a main eventer, and being pushed as one. He could step in any title match right now, and be a credible challenger, and he is definately viewed on that main event scene in wwe. He just hasnt won a title yet. But they've really wanted oto keep promoting him, just like Austin did for 2 years, but with Kennedy, having him turn face, and go against Authority with the Regal thing, and even breif stints against Vince McMahon.
So he is being pushed.

Hometown Kid

The announcers put Shelton over more than Morrison, just because the announcers build you up doesn't mean you're getting pushed...and I'm not talking about this Mid-Card shit I know for some guys a Mid-Card spot would be gold but I was talking about guys that are headlining things because Batista,Edge,Hunter,Cena or Orton have been in the ME for almost every ppv in the last 2 years...Oh and yeah i've been watching wrestling since 1995 and I've seen different styles of wrestling, not everyone needs the same style it's just guys like Kennedy, MVP and Shelton won't ever get a title push in WWE because Vince thinks they're boring to watch and Hunter won't do them any favors backstage...

Wrestling Station

Batista is better that all of the jokes of names you all posted. Thats why he was pushed for 3 times world champion! :p

MikeRaw

The announcers put Shelton over more than Morrison, just because the announcers build you up doesn't mean you're getting pushed...and I'm not talking about this Mid-Card shit I know for some guys a Mid-Card spot would be gold but I was talking about guys that are headlining things because Batista,Edge,Hunter,Cena or Orton have been in the ME for almost every ppv in the last 2 years...Oh and yeah i've been watching wrestling since 1995 and I've seen different styles of wrestling, not everyone needs the same style it's just guys like Kennedy, MVP and Shelton won't ever get a title push in WWE because Vince thinks they're boring to watch and Hunter won't do them any favors backstage...

They DO NOT put Shelton over more than Morrison. They say "shelton is a great pure athlete, may8be the best in wwe" constantly, but I have NEVER heard them say "Hes the future of wwe". And obviously that doesnt mean he's being pushed, but it helps, seeing as they are probably told somewhat to build someone up, but bottom line is, Morrison is getting pushed, hence, holding the tag titles for a LONG time, while having his own show on wwe.com, getting interview time, and having good match time for singles matches too.
Now, also, I just explained the Kennedy thing, bu tyou probably didnt read. kenendy is getting a Austin like push right now. not the same storyliens, with vicne feuds and stuff, but I mean the way they are pushing him. He's finally hit his stride, and now they are building him up. Alot of people look at him as a big guy in the company but not on the Cena, batista, orton level yet. But like I said, when Austin made hid 3:16 speech, he became like Kennedy, a fan favorite, who eevryone wanted push, but he wasnt given the title for over 2 years after that speech, and was still pushed with good matches, and solid feuds in the mean time, and was looked at as a big name, even though there were guys higher than him going for the titles.
So Kennedy and Morrison ARE being pushed. Kennedy is being pushed to the main event, and Morrison to the upper mid card. They are misusing MVP right now though.
Anyways, that really has nothing to do with Shelton, except that you said wwe hates psuhing people. but those guys I just mentioned (Punk, Kenendy, Morrison) are currently being pushed, and in the past few years, they pushed others. A few years ago (3) Batista, orton and Cena were in the same position, in the midcard, and got puished to the main event to, when noone thought they would.

But back to Shelton... You dont like Batista, fine, I dont liek Shelton, fine. End of story. This business isnt about matches, and if uou try to build a company that has FAKE matches, and try to build it around matches, thats just stupid.

Hometown Kid

OK then that's fine if you don't like Shelton...but just 3 days ago the announcers put Shelton over as a future legendary superstar...and how the hell is holding a worthless title with The Miz of all people on the 3rd string show a respectable push? Kennedy has been stuck with Paul Burchill for the last month and now he's on SD! where he won't get pushed ahead of Edge or Triple H or maybe not Taker...there's always going to be a glass ceiling for guys like Shelton and Kennedy and MVP and Morrison because Vince and the writers will never push a newer guy like those over those mentioned above...

MikeRaw

OK then that's fine if you don't like Shelton...but just 3 days ago the announcers put Shelton over as a future legendary superstar...and how the hell is holding a worthless title with The Miz of all people on the 3rd string show a respectable push? Kennedy has been stuck with Paul Burchill for the last month and now he's on SD! where he won't get pushed ahead of Edge or Triple H or maybe not Taker...there's always going to be a glass ceiling for guys like Shelton and Kennedy and MVP and Morrison because Vince and the writers will never push a newer guy like those over those mentioned above...

K, this should sum it up. As I said, Kennedy is being pushed. Like I said, e wont get psuhed AHEAD of HHH, Edge, et, but thats just like Punk wont get pushed ahead of Cena, orton, Batista, etc... but he can still get pushed aside of them. Noone thought Punk would get the world title, yet he did, out of nowhere. WWE realises they need to push new guys, and they are, but you cant do it all at once, because they still have alot of guys like Edge, orton, cena, Punk, Triple H and Jericho in the main event with years left. But they are pushing a few right now.
And as I said, Austin didnt win his first title until he was 34 years old, and it took him 2 years of a big push untilw inning his title. But he was still being pushed. Which Kennedy is right now too. He;'s only had one week on SD, so its too soon to judge anyways.
And Morrison is being pushed. As I said, not a main event push, because he needs a mid card push first.

MVP is having growing pains, where they needto find out what to do with him, but they will push him again soon.

Finally, back to Shelton... I NEVER heard them putting him over as a future legend :laugh: If they did, then just wow, the guy hasn't held a world title yet, and has been in wwe for like 6 or 7 years, and he's not over. But ya, good guy in the ring, probably a good "team guy" as in he will do what they want him to, and ya, he's a midcarder, but there's nothing wrong with that.

So if you wanna say Shelton>Batista, fine by me, say what you want, because thats definately true in te ring, but I just dont think you'll find too many people thinking he should be in the main event.

No point either of us making more posts, we alreayd have opinions, but whatever, lol.

Hometown Kid

Yeah ok that's cool with me I don't mind having a discussion with people if you can be cool about your opinions...and yeah in the U.S. title match J.R. said he was a future legend and Foley said Shelton was his oldest son's favorite wrestler, lol :y:

Blast325

Reaction score
I honestly thought Batista would own Edge at Night of Champions. I guess not though, he owned him at Raw instead.