Batista/Cena II to main event Wrestlemania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

I think the current plans are for Cena to return, lose at Survivor Series but then challenge Batista to another match at Wrestlemania where he goes over, in the main event of course. I don't know if either one with be champion by the time that happens, so I'm not sure if any titles will be on the line. I'm pretty sure that WWE is going to start the build for the match now, and when it finally happens....will any of you care? I'm not a Cena fan nor am I a Batista fan, so personally, this isn't a "dream match of the decade" for me. I'm sure you guys have different opinions on this, so share them. Would you get excited for another Batista/Cena match? Also, who do you think would win? When will it go down? And will the match headline this year's Wrestlemania?

Evil Austin

I have a feeling it will start with Jericho vs. Cena match, Cena going to win in his return match at SS and his home crowd being there but Batista the former champion wants his rematch :shifty: he then screws Cena by attacking him through the crowd making him win by DQ. This leads to Cena and Batista going at it until Mania where its for the gold.

The Rated R CMStar

I think it will go like:

SS:
Y2J vs Cena

Armageddon:
Cena vs Y2J vs Batista

There I see Batista winning the championship. At RR we have another Y2J vs Batista match and Tista retains. RR is won by a SD superstar, but at NWO Cena wins the EC making him the Number One Contender.

Evil Austin

^ Yes because we don't want to see Cena winning RR twice in a row...

cena-buttocks

Reaction score
John Cena vs Batista is the ONLY match that can main event Wrestlemania for RAW. Hell, Cena is the only guy that get a passable match out of Boretista.

Wrestling Station

John Cena vs Batista is the ONLY match that can main event Wrestlemania for RAW. Hell, Cena is the only guy that get a passable match out of Boretista.
Im wondering which match will actually mainevent WM25!
Im assuming the following matches to be in the card.

HHH vs Edge (WWE Championship)
Batista vs Cena (WHC Championship)
Taker vs HBK (Mr Wrestlemania)

Maybe the last one on the above list could be the ME of WM? im just assuming though.

cena-buttocks

Reaction score
I'd like to see Taker vs Shawn. Both of them are from Texas, and its been far too long since they've gone up against one another (I'm not counting their encounter in the 07 Rumble).

I'd like to see HHH vs Edge, but I think we'll probably get a triple threat match with Jeff Hardy thrown in there.

Montana

If Cena vs Batista isn't for the title, what would be?!? Jericho vs. Randy Orton. I somehow see Cena involving wiht the main event, and the championship.

The Rated R CMStar

...from a build up stand point, because in the ring they both delivered.

Axis

It was a bad PPV match, it would have been good on Smackdown. At WrestleMania? I shudder.