Batista/Cena II to main event Wrestlemania?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Whippy10154

Reaction score
Im wondering which match will actually mainevent WM25!
Im assuming the following matches to be in the card.

HHH vs Edge (WWE Championship)
Batista vs Cena (WHC Championship)
Taker vs HBK (Mr Wrestlemania)

Maybe the last one on the above list could be the ME of WM? im just assuming though.

IMO i really dont think Taker vs HBK will be.. i'm HOPING Cena vs Batista are but that's mostly cause i'm a huge fan of Cena :grin: :heart: haha. a very good point was made... why have the same ME 2 years in a row? MO though. if they want a better WM then dont do the same ME twice..

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Judging by tonights winnings, and outcome of Survivor Series... This is what I predict is to happen on the road to Wrestlemania XXV.

Ontowards Armageddon:
John Cena feeding high off a positive reception from his win on SS. He gloats, and thanks the crowd, but quickly Chris Jericho comes out demanding a rematch. Classic by-the-book match is booked for Armageddon, but Batista tends to get involved with the match. Instead, Randy Orton comes in saying that since Batista lost he deserves a title match, but the two intertwine with eachother back into their rivalry leading to a grudge match of some sorts at Armageddon. Shawn Michaels continues his feud with JBL as this intesifys with JBL wanting retribution after his tragic loss at SS.

On Smackdown! Edge, and Vickie rekindle nasty old flames, as Triple H is definatly not happy about this. He demands a rematch, and breaks walls down in order to obtain it. The Undertaker stays a midst in the lockerroom, and passes Armageddon without a feud, unless he kills Vladmir Kozlov to have build of some sorts on him. Or Jeff Hardy comes back furiated and takes him on, but I have a feeling the Hardy card will wait 'til later.

Armageddon's Aftermath, and Build Up To The Royal Rumble:
We enter the new year with John Cena as the World heavyweight Champion, and a no contest finish between Orton, and Batista. The two continue the feud, and cap off with a street fight or something on RAW, because if they were to end the feud at The Rumble they couldn't participate in the Royal Rumble Match. John Cena catches a feud with eh lets say Kane, Rey Mysterio, someone along those lines who can carry a short feud with someone else. As I believe having Y2J/CENA go into Rumble will lessen the amount of suspense for the Rumble match with RAW not having as many likely winners. But don't scratch out the possibility of Cena, and Jericho extending past Armageddon. Lets hope thats not the case. Meanwhile, HBK, and JBL's feud loses heat, and slowly gets lost in between the Rumble mayhem as everyone prepares for the match.

On Smackdown!, Edge defeats HHH via DQ, or cheap victory. Trips wants the rematch, but gets denied by Vicky, and instead Jeff Hardy returns and earns his match against Edge. The rivalry gets tense due to Edge being revealed as the mystery attacker. Jeff gets even more mad, and his new gimmick takes him to the extreme. He does some crazed stunt on SD! as he did last year with Orton. The Undertaker dominates in pre-rumble matches, and secures a spot in the rumble.

Royal Rumble After Shock, plus the road to No Way Out:
At The Rumble, Triple H is victorious after eliminating Batista at the end, and securing a spot at Wrestlemania. John Cena retains against lets say Kane. Edge defeates Hardy after some screw job finish. John Cena catches a feud with Randy Orton who took Batista out at RR. Triple H teases his choice for 'mania showing up on ECW/RAW/SD!. Triple H eventually chooses the WWE Championship on SD! during a Hardy/Edge rematch, which distracts Hardy, and Edge picks up the win. Edge seals the deal, and is in a grim state, as he worries for his title. On RAW a number one contenders match is made at NOW, a fatal four way or something, maybe even an Elimination Chamber. The Chamber consists of HBK/JBL/Y2J/Batista/Kane/Rey Mysterio. Edge and Triple H have a match with a third, and forth wheel at NOW to start the rivalry officially.

The Road To Wrestlemania:
Triple H, and Jeff Hardy lose to Edge, and Big Show at NOW via pin on Hardy ( a cheap win will get repetitive, and a pin on HHH would make him look weak ). Triple H, and Edge go through an excellent building of a match, and they have a five star match at 'Mania.

At NOW, John Cena battles Orton to a no contest, as Orton doesn't find this pleasant. Batista walks out the chamber victorious, and we have ourselves a triple threat for RAW. Making sense because a CENA/BATISTA match wouldn't sell the crowd, as its been done before. As a matter of fact every combination of two of these stars has been done, but never has it been done together. They have a great match at Wrestlemania with perfect building.

The Undertaker catches a match with Shawn Michaels and the two have a classic match which steals the show at 'Mania in their home towns.

Airfixx

It was a bad PPV match, it would have been good on Smackdown. At WrestleMania? I shudder.

Crap build up, cheap finnish, yes it was all very free-TV, but if they were to be working a WM ME together it's GUARANTEED to be on another level altogether... They're 2 of the very best in the business.

I think it'll transpire that Edge was in some way responsible for the attack on Jeff and that Edge's first fued will be with him, maybe slotting in a match against another face too before they build to Edge v HHH for Wrestlemania.

As for Raw... I stand by my opinion that IF they intend to do Cena V Batista @ WM then them having a match at Summerslam was plain dumb.... Cena V Batist for the FIRST time @ WM was the biggest match avaiable to them in recent years... I'm guessing there'll be a Cena/Orton/Batista 3-way, but I WANT to see:

Orton beat Batista one-on-one (preferable to win the title).