Batista at Mania

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who should face Batista at Mania?

• Triple H will recover in time

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No one

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Randy Orton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samoa Joe

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Daniel Bryan

• Drew Mclntyre

• Brain Strowman

• Andrade Cien Almas

• Nia Jax

• Someone else...

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Redboy123@

Reaction score
It's clear that Joe was gonna lose to Ali. Joe got fucked against roman. Fucked with injuries. Fucked with he's fued with Aj. Fucked at Survivor Series. Next he is gonna lose to Ali, who isn't even over. Sad. Joe should be a main eventer not a glorified jobber

Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It's clear that Joe was gonna lose to Ali. Joe got fucked against roman. Fucked with injuries. Fucked with he's fued with Aj. Fucked at Survivor Series. Next he is gonna lose to Ali, who isn't even over. Sad. Joe should be a main eventer not a glorified jobber

Definitely but none of this bring him up for one main event every few months just to have him lose and then back to the midcard.

Treat him how he should be or let him go

Crash

Reaction score
Batista vs Owens would be an interesting match. Both have a powerbomb as their finishers.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
But Joe doesn't need to be losing. Some people need to. This guy shouldn't be. Not to mention dude's getting up there & is one of the greatest wrestlers ever period. He didn't need to be in "developmental" either
ever since he signed with WWE he hasn't really been backing your "greatest wrestler ever" statement tbh. His best match since joining WWE is probably the fatal 4 way he had at Summerslam '17 or his match against Brock. And it's not like WWE didn't give him enough great opponents either. In-between his 2 injuries, which initially stopped his push, he got to face Finn Balor, Nakamura, Sami Zayn, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and AJ Styles. Those weren't bad matches, don't get me wrong, but they didn't blow me out of the water either, you know?

Look, I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers for no reason. I like Joe a lot, he's really great on the microphone and a good wrestler but the greatest ever? If you're talking about pre 2010 Joe, maybe but currently I don't see it, hope he gets a banger in before he gets injured a 3rd time tho.

And don't worry, inside sources tell me that the Samoa Joe vs. Batista match isn't actually happening :emoji_wink:

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The obvious plan is for Batista to face HHH and though Hunter is injured, I’m quite confident he’ll be ready when the time comes. Besides, we all know HHH has to have his place on the Mania card one way or another…

As far as other options are concerned, yeah, I agree Batista versus Brock Lesnar could be really interesting. The Beast versus The Animal? It simply rights itself, at least from a marketing standpoint...

Redboy123@

Reaction score
The obvious plan is for Batista to face HHH and though Hunter is injured, I’m quite confident he’ll be ready when the time comes. Besides, we all know HHH has to have his place on the Mania card one way or another…

As far as other options are concerned, yeah, I agree Batista versus Brock Lesnar could be really interesting. The Beast versus The Animal? It simply rights itself, at least from a marketing standpoint...
Brocks already tied up and let's assume Triple H won't recover in time

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Brocks already tied up and let's assume Triple H won't recover in time

Brock was just me agreeing in theory about the idea but, okay, I see your point...

Well, if we are to assume that HHH won't recover in time and being we are looking for someone that Batista ought to defeat, I guess Strowman could work. The fact that WWE have basically fucked Braun anyway with their poor booking, causing him to lose his steam makes it easier in my view. In other words, it's not like such a defeat would hurt Braun Strowman...

Granted, there is always the argument of how interesting such a match could be, in which case I admit I really don't have an answer handy...

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I think you wouldn't want braun to lose at Mania. The guy has had a very rough last few months. Flip flop heel turn, losing to Brock all the time, failing to cash in. The guy has gone down in my estimation and is due a win at Mania.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Eh, just have Batista vs Triple H since was talked about a lot eother way it would be a boring or meh match.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
ever since he signed with WWE he hasn't really been backing your "greatest wrestler ever" statement tbh. His best match since joining WWE is probably the fatal 4 way he had at Summerslam '17 or his match against Brock. And it's not like WWE didn't give him enough great opponents either. In-between his 2 injuries, which initially stopped his push, he got to face Finn Balor, Nakamura, Sami Zayn, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and AJ Styles. Those weren't bad matches, don't get me wrong, but they didn't blow me out of the water either, you know?

Look, I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers for no reason. I like Joe a lot, he's really great on the microphone and a good wrestler but the greatest ever? If you're talking about pre 2010 Joe, maybe but currently I don't see it, hope he gets a banger in before he gets injured a 3rd time tho.

And don't worry, inside sources tell me that the Samoa Joe vs. Batista match isn't actually happening :emoji_wink:

Lol putting words in my mouth on purpose... I didn't say "the greatest ever"

Joe shouldn't be losing... should be on a winning streak right now instead of the Seth lol

I'm right bud
[doublepost=1550379730][/doublepost]
Batista vs Owens would be an interesting match. Both have a powerbomb as their finishers.

I agree but they would just book it as a squash match & have Owens get obliterated

Reactions: Crash