Batista at Mania

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who should face Batista at Mania?

• Triple H will recover in time

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No one

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Randy Orton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samoa Joe

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Daniel Bryan

• Drew Mclntyre

• Brain Strowman

• Andrade Cien Almas

• Nia Jax

• Someone else...

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Crash

Reaction score
It means, your average wrestling fan, lol. In his case, it would anyone who is a neckbeard bon a incel.

It actually means smart mark, a fan who knows wrestling is a work. A mark is someone who still think it's real.

Last edited:

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
It actually means smart mark, a fan who knows wrestling is a work. A mark is someone who still think it's real.
I know, the difference, but to be fair every wrestling fan now is a Snarky because they all know it is a work and fake. That was my point as well making a joke.

Crash

Reaction score
I know, the difference, but to be fair every wrestling fan now is a Snarky because they all know it is a work and fake. That was my point as well making a joke.

True, and the term mark turned into "someone who believes their own bullshit" could be a fan or a wrestler as well.

Anyway we are going way off topic... Back to Batista, I always wanted to see him wrestle Brock that would be a cool match to see IMO.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
True, and the term mark turned into "someone who believes their own bullshit" could be a fan or a wrestler as well.

Anyway we are going way off topic... Back to Batista, I always wanted to see him wrestle Brock that would be a cool match to see IMO.
Just remember Batista is 1-0 in MMA and Brock is 4-5 or 5-4...Batista would have a higher chance of winning, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Crash

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
It means, your average wrestling fan, lol. In his case, it would anyone who is a neckbeard bon a incel.
No.

It means the small niche fanbase of geeks that hijack shows because they got bullied in school. They gravitate to wrestlers like Bryan and Owens because they are like them. I presume you are like them.

• Haha
Reactions: Crash

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Well he's gotta go over...

Rematch with Rey or a heel Rusev maybe. Batista is awesome btw.

Very underrated, especially his Mic work & acting.

If he doesn't take on HHH... which he will. He could beat somebody like Lashley, only thing is they shouldn't have beat Lashley & now he looks weak

But he's pretty much ruined now anyway that Lio Rush was his saving grace & now he's making fun of autistic kids on Twitter & we all know he can't do his own Mic work.

Maybe somebody like a heel Zayn with Owens on the outside who keeps interfering if they're back by then.

It'll be H though

Last edited:

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
whoever would face him this year, would have to put big Dave over. Otherwise he'd look like a jabroni once he's up against Triple H in his initial retirement match. His run in '14 was anything but overwhelming, and that also goes for his win-loss record. His only big win was his infamous Rumble victory. So I don't see him bothering with any other match before facing Trips. On top of that he's probably busy enough as it is.

The only match I could see him take part in would be a less serious program with no titles on the line, so it'd be easy for him to go over and leave again. But I don't really see him (or the company for that matter) doing that.

If I had to pick one wrestler tho, I'd say Samoa Joe. He could lose to Batista without losing much credibility and the match/promos would be good enough
If I had to pick one wrestler tho, I'd say Samoa Joe. He could lose to Batista without losing much credibility and the match/promos would be good enough

I have to disagree with that. Joe shouldn't be losing anymore matches, they need to stop treating him like a Dolph Ziggler.

He's world champion material & should be in that picture. Guy should never lose, let alone this much. Should be choking people unconscious left & right

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I have to disagree with that. Joe shouldn't be losing anymore matches, they need to stop treating him like a Dolph Ziggler.

He's world champion material & should be in that picture. Guy should never lose, let alone this much. Should be choking people unconscious left & right
If it was up to the internet, a lot of wrestlers "should never lose" but sometimes people just have to, not everyone can win. Comparing his treatment to Dolph's is odd because they're in completely different zones. Ziggler gets manhandled and beaten convincingly while Joe just loses from time to time but never looks like he's being squashed by his opponents.

There's still a good chance he's going to be WWE champion one day, but if he's not in that picture, I'd rather see him lose a competitive match against Batista rather than having him win some random ass match against a mid/upper card guy at Mania that nobody's going to remember. But this is all hypothetical anyways

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
If it was up to the internet, a lot of wrestlers "should never lose" but sometimes people just

Oh no no... I get it sport.

But Joe doesn't need to be losing. Some people need to. This guy shouldn't be. Not to mention dude's getting up there & is one of the greatest wrestlers ever period. He didn't need to be in "developmental" either

There's still a good chance he's going to be WWE champion one day, but if he's not in that picture, I'd rather see him lose a competitive match against Batista rather than having him win some random ass match against a mid/upper card guy at Mania

Well there's no "rather" or "but if" in that conversation bud. IF he should be champion, then make him champion... like before he's 50. Don't have him out there jobbing. Bad enough they were childish & petty enough to not hire him & AJ for years & years arguibly 2 best of their generation.

Joe shouldn't be losing to anybody right now, especially a returning old guy. Plenty of room for Joe on the card if they knew how to book it

If they fought Batista should put him over but really neither guy should lose which is exactly the kind of dumbass booking WWE is good at, booking themselves into a corner

Last edited:

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Nakamura vs Batista

I thought of that as a possibility too!

I mean it may be better than Zayn & KO getting the crap beat out of them in slapstick comedy fashion AGAIN! little sick of that. Which is why I suggested a singles against Zayn instead of just booking it as a handicap squash match