Bates Motel Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
bates-motel-teaser.png

IMDB said:
This film intends to give viewers an intimate understanding of how Norman Bates' psyche developed from his childhood through his teen years. Fans will have access to the dark, twisted backstory and learn first hand how his mother, Norma, and her lover damaged Norman, helping forge the most well-known serial killing motel owner in history.

Here's a nifty little behind the scenes look...

[video=youtube;Nkn5aEadrX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkn5aEadrX4[/video]

So, any thoughts on this? For those who have seen Psycho IV, the story does seem familiar, though I'm sure they'll expand on it greatly. With the cast that they have (Vera Farmiga, Freddie Highmore, Mike Vogel, Nestor Carbonell) it definitely has some serious potential. I'll definitely be watching on March 18th.

Castiel

Reaction score
What is it with all the Psycho stuff this year? First Hitchcock and now this! Not that I'm complaining... when I initially heard of this and that it was being lead by the kid from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as Norman I didn't expect good things. I like the way Vera put it in the video, he has an innocence that can really dark. The cast is stellar! I'll definitely be watching with you on March 18th.

Castiel

Reaction score
So, anyone watch the series premier last night? I know Vipes did, trust Fuji did as well? Really enjoyed it. I found out my sisters also watched it and enjoyed it, so that's cool. They sure as hell kicked things off with a bang!

Not many other shows start off their pilot with rape and murder! I expected Norma to be much less sinister but this makes sense for how Norman turns out in the future and I like it.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
No my dumbass missed it. I was thinking it was on Tuesday. I will search out a copy or stream of it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yep, I watched it and was pretty satisfied overall. It wasn't really what I expected but its also so much more, so I'm perfectly fine with that. It was a little racy, but that's to be expected with a show that's dealing with a character like Norman.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Vera Farmiga is still smoking hot she does a great job as Mrs Bates I hate her already.

Castiel

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to feel about Norma and I think that's kinda what they want. Obviously she's not right in the head though. Even from the beginning...

In the opening scene she just didn't seem to care about her husband's death, are we supposed to assume she was the one that killed him?

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yes that is the case sir

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Vera Farmiga is still smoking hot she does a great job as Mrs Bates I hate her already.

I thought she was older but she is only three years older than me at 39

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
yeah she aged quickly between The Departed & Up In The Air but she is still damn hot

Castiel

Reaction score
I feel like anyone could die at any moment, they set the perfect atmosphere with the first episode. Definitely don't see Dillon living much longer, which sucks since he's the only one that really sees through Norma and Norman's charade. The scene in the kitchen was pretty damn intense.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
So I just started watching this and finished episode 1.

Is it me or does Norma have a crush on her son. The Sheriff seemed to not trust Norma from the instant that he met her but that might be because he was stuck in an Island to hundreds of years.

Norman is weird but I expect that. Watching episode 2 right now

Destroying Sith with my Kindle Fire on Tapatalk