Barry Presents: an Oversimplified MAFIA Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Well you can stuff your weakness up your as---

oh wait, I'm meant to be the nice one on here
miley-cyrus-smile.gif
Take off the handcuffs. What's your problem with Jeff smelling weakness?

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I'm going to guess Poyser thinks I'm awkward because I didn't come in here right off the bat making reads left and right. Cause I really don't see how you can find anything about that entrance from me suspicious.
Really don't appreciate you trying to pre-empt Poyser here. Agreed with him on how this feels like a prepared response from someone who knew they'd start badly

I'd try to get us out of it as quickly as I can.
Very interesting approach to the fluff phase, given that you made no effort to escape it this game, only engaging in game-related content when you were engaged yourself

It'd be easier if I just pick out their posts I liked

^ Feels like town posts to me. Indepedent thought process, questioning. Just vibing geniune.
^ Kinda feels like town Smark questioning everything around him, pressuring people and feeling others out. CP hasn't really done anything I would not expect from him though fwiw, in fact I'd say he's done more than I recall this early.
^ I would say all these posts felt like they came from a town player. To me Sky feels very comfortable in this game thus far.

I want to stress that these are really early reads, a lot of it is just because how they are vibing in the thread to me. I just like how they all approached the game, and these are the only people I would say I felt anything about so far. Rest of the players are pretty null, and I need to see a lot more content and people posting.
Pretty good reasoned reads ngl, you're recovering here

I'm in agreement with those saying Phenom's entrance felt off. I don't know why as town you would automatically remove someone from Day 1 consideration for what seems to be external reasons of she not playing for a while. I think Sky is pretty town seeming, but the reasons he choosed to justify not going in that direction for the day were very weird.

Vote Phenom
I think perhaps I was a bit gung-ho on my Phenom vote trying to find something and I'm gonna unvote

tbh, after more delibration it does seem like what he posted is pretty NAI and it does appear like a not so great thing to post as scum as it has garnered suspicion. So I fail to see what the play was there.
This feels like kind of a flimsy climbdown though, and now I'm left wondering what motivated you to this.

Overall? This seems like it'd be worth pursuing, to obtain reactions and all
Vote TFW

Reactions: Marty McFourth

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
I think perhaps I was a bit gung-ho on my Phenom vote trying to find something and I'm gonna unvote

tbh, after more delibration it does seem like what he posted is pretty NAI and it does appear like a not so great thing to post as scum as it has garnered suspicion. So I fail to see what the play was there.
would be pretty bold to backtrack like this as scum knowing how bad it would make you look

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
Take off the handcuffs. What's your problem with Jeff smelling weakness?

My problem with Jeff's push is he hasn't seemed to trust me from the start because of past games, like he legitmately says it here:

nah sorry fourth after fooling me a few games back you can't just mail it in :heston

I realise he was being cheeky here, but it feels like he's sort of put in me in a box from the get go. If that makes sense.

He doesn't have terrible reasonsing for voting me though. We are still early in and my Nom vote wasn't anything special after I thought about it.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
He doesn't have terrible reasonsing for voting me though.
This is my main problem with your response is you claim that he's put you in a box from the start, but also say he doesn't have terrible reasons for the vote.

So do you think he's only pushing you off past games or do you honestly believe he's got a decent case on you?

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Good post from Sky although I think it's unfair to say I've only engaged in game content when prompted. I've given quite a few town reads this game, and if anything it's just as important as scum hunting early on.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
My problem with Jeff's push is he hasn't seemed to trust me from the start because of past games, like he legitmately says it here:

I realise he was being cheeky here, but it feels like he's sort of put in me in a box from the get go. If that makes sense.

He doesn't have terrible reasonsing for voting me though. We are still early in and my Nom vote wasn't anything special after I thought about it.
Nah I just didn't like the nom vote when there was internal discussion about him n it was an attempt to pivot further discussion about you. Pinged me and felt like a potential straw grab

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Bonus is this direction also potentially sheds some validity on poysers early reads which is good science right now

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
This is my main problem with your response is you claim that he's put you in a box from the start, but also say he doesn't have terrible reasons for the vote.

So do you think he's only pushing you off past games or do you honestly believe he's got a decent case on you?

Either alignment, I don't think he'd want to give me an easy town read right off the bat. I don't think he's pushing me on the past game as I was SK, but whether he's scum or town he's found reasons to vote me and I think that seed there has been present from the start.

If I had to wager, I'd say he's townier if I'm looking at the bigger picture, or has big balls because if do get a bigger wagon formed on me and flip town, people are gonna look back at it.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I guess all I can ask is what has been wrong with my play outside of the Nom vote, as I have given town reads and not everybody has posted yet so trying to make good scum reads is hard.

Like Haza said, doesn't it paint a massive target on my back to make a weak vote as you put it and then backtrack completely. Whichever way you look at it, it looks terrible. I shouldn't have made it from the start if it didn't have any merit. I thought it did, people responded and changed my mind, so I unvoted. Just usual town process.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Hi @Tweet got dem sweet thoughts for me ?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
@Raidokken I've seen you chime in a bit and I didn't hate your point about the unvote being bold. How do you feel about 4th using it as a reason to defend himself? Do you have any other non 4th related thoughts?