Backstage Update on Sin Cara's WWE Status

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
That was Hunico, 100 percent. Sin Cara doesn't have a Tattoo on his shoulder like that, however, if you watched the recent NXT's with Hunico, you can clearly see that it's Hunicos new tattoo. And good for him. Hunico made a much better Sin Cara. Now time to rebuild the character. Give him promos, because Hunico can actually speak English, and give him some more wins and stories. I have high hopes for this. A slight tweak to the costume could help too.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Son Cara's contract expires in March. Best to leave him at home.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
That was Hunico, 100 percent. Sin Cara doesn't have a Tattoo on his shoulder like that, however, if you watched the recent NXT's with Hunico, you can clearly see that it's Hunicos new tattoo. And good for him. Hunico made a much better Sin Cara. Now time to rebuild the character. Give him promos, because Hunico can actually speak English, and give him some more wins and stories. I have high hopes for this. A slight tweak to the costume could help too.
They probably had 100 masks on deck but Sin Cara has always been too injury prone to use them.Hunico can make him some good money and get some time with Rey if they team them up the characters again before mania.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
When has anyone other than Hunico worn the Sin Cara uniform? And that was when Cara was suspended before they did the Cara vs NEGRO Cara angle.

Could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure they had Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel under the mask at house shows before.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Tyson Kid and Gabriel have done the El local bits alongside Ricardo as his partners. Only. Hunico has done Cara, and that's because Hunico was the real first Mistico

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Better off keeping Hunico in the mask, the Sin Cara character is over. The mask does very well on the merch sales. Best to keep it with a guy who isn't a flat footed, botchamania HOFer.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
As seen Monday night on Raw, the Sin Cara character returned to WWE airwaves with a victory over former WWE and World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio. The character, however, was portrayed by Jorge "Hunico" Arias, as opposed to the original performer (Luis Ignascio Urive Alvirde, who indicated via Twitter immediately following the bout that he was in Mexico). A WWE spokesperson addressed the status of the character in a message to wrestling news outlets on Thursday.

"The original performer behind the Sin Cara mask remains under contract to WWE," the statement reads. "WWE will continue to invest in the character and retain it as part of WWE programming."
Bit odd they feel the need to come out with a statement about this situation. No smoke without fire I guess.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Sounds like they are just making it clear it's their character and that they intend to keep it. That way when Cara is gone he's got little claim to it.

Dash

Reaction score
I think everyone forgot about this Sin Cara.

wwe-week-in-review-july-8-14-20131.png

But in all seriousness, good for Hunico, hopefully he can take the character further.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Sounds like they are just making it clear it's their character and that they intend to keep it. That way when Cara is gone he's got little claim to it.
There will be no el Hijo de Sin Cara heading to Mexico to fight the guy now carrying the Mistico mask.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Put someone like Brodus or Khali in his costume and have the announcers no-sell the whole thing like nothing is suspect.

Do this!

Hunico has his work cut out for him to make all the casual fans forget all the botches from his predecessor.

Haven't seen Raw yet so I don't know what the deal is there, I do know from the past that Hunico is better and everything. But does this mean Hunico is now doing double duty? If so I'd prefer they just drop one of the personas completely to focus on the other, in which case hopefully Sin Cara disappears.

I prefer the Hunico and Camacho pairing over Sin Cara as well. But the Cara character has all the mask merch that the kids snap up.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Why would he want to use the Sin Cara name outside WWE anyway?

I thought he was the so-called 'Hulk Hogan of Mexico' while as Mistico. Although I think the dirtsheets just tag that on every latino who goes to the big leagues.

Anyway this guy sucks and has the goofiest costume and entrance. I feel bad for Hunico having to bust his ass to save the other guys toxic rep.