Backstage Pass with OMBayBay

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Bit of both guys

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Are we still in the sign up for this concept phase or are we just sending in questions for Chris?

I assume you can still sign up for after I do mine, but I think he wants to go ahead and get the first episode going since it's a process of receiving questions and then sending them to me, getting my answers, then posting the actual episode lol lots of steps involved.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
exactly send questions then grim is up I would like to do this as a weekly thing

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Send your questions in for Chris :)

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I'll join too.

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Backstage Pass EP 1 w/Chris
Hello ladies and gentleman and welcome to the first ever episode of Backstage Pass. Tonight my first guest is @Chris . Now Chris let me first welcome you to the show its a pleasure to have you on. Tonight we are going to go into some deep thoughts and learn about the man who helps run many of the forum on the site here. So let's get real. Where you from? How old are you? When did you become a wrestling fan?

I'm from a small town in East Texas, basically lived here all my life. The Wi-Fi sucks, but everything is cheaper than if I lived in a city so I guess that's okay.

I turned 23 in April of this year so I was born just a few months before the nWo formed to put it in a wrestling perspective.

I've really been a wrestling fan all my life, I know my dad watched it all the time so I'm sure I was basically watching it as soon as I was born. My earliest memories of wrestling are so blurry bc we had old tapes that I'd watch and I had video games from the late 90s that clouded them up, so it's hard for me to try and think about my first memory of live wrestling bc there was never a time I wasn't a fan. I have vague memories of watching Nitro and Raw live while switching back and forth that had to have been '99 or most likely '00, but I can't really say for sure. I've taken a couple breaks from watching, the first was from 06-07, basically missed both of those years and started watching again after the Rumble '08, and the second was after freshmen year of college, so from like summer of 2015 until a few weeks before 'Mania 2018, but I still kept up with it loosely during this time even though I wasn't watching weekly.

What is your favorite wrestling memory does one stick out too you going damn that hit me in the feels? You know the typically why I love wrestling moment?

As a kid it would be Eddie's title win at No Way Out '04, but I didn't watch that live bc we usually only watched the big 4 PPVs, still I've seen the match a million times at this point and that one sticks out the most. I did watch WrestleMania XX live later on that year and him celebrating after Benoit with both of them being champions has got to be up there for me. Bryan's title win at WrestleMania XXX is comparable as well for something in a modern era. Also the Summer of Punk in '11 leading up to and including MITB '11 with those legendary crowd reactions was another great one that I watched live.

I've watched a ridiculous amount of classic wrestling before I was born as well, so a lot of old stuff sticks out too such as Flair's series with Steamboat and Funk in '89 which was on a Ric Flair DVD I had as a kid so I watched all of them a ton even before I was really old enough to fully appreciate them as much as I do now.

So its safe to say that you are a fan of more technical wrestlers?

I'd consider myself a fan of all styles as I don't really dislike a lot and I think wrestling at it's best has multiple styles up and down the card, but yeah my favorite is definitely the more technical guys like Flair, Steamboat, Bret, Benoit, plus my boy Lance Storm deserves a mention too. Suplexes and submissions were always my go-to movesets when I'd make a CAW. When I was younger, I liked guys like Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio a lot more as I think everyone likes those high flying types as kids, but as I got older I started enjoying technical stuff more, but I'm also a sucker for a good brawl.

I can really watch any kind of wrestling and be entertained though, like '98 and '99 Raw is some of my favorite stuff, but the wrestling was garbage for the most part outside of a few good brawls here and there. Even wrestling that I consider shitty like some 2000 WCW or '06 Raw is still entertaining to me bc it's usually hilariously booked.

What is something about you people might be shocked to find out?

Shit idk I'm really an open book especially on here. Y'all all know how obsessed I am with wrestling and comic books, so that's probably two things people give me weird looks on when they find out in person but idgaf. Another thing people seem shocked about irl is when they find out I'm pretty liberal especially compared to East Texas standards :lmao but everyone on here knows about that anyway too, idk bro I can't think of anything you guys would be shocked about because I pretty much talk about everything I'm into on here...which is a lot of things bc I love having a casual interest in everything I can whether it be movies, sports, music, whatever. I hate limiting myself to certain genres of things because i believe everything has some quality entertainment coming out of it, I just like some things more than others. It makes it really easy to talk to people if they have some weird obsession and I'm not over here saying "Oh cool never heard of it" and I can usually at least fake some opinions bc I know enough about whatever it is.

Honestly the most shocking thing about me for you guys is that I took those few years off of watching wrestling :TI: Some people might find that hard to believe with how much I watch now.

tough nut to crack huh well tell me then how do you feel when it comes to Flair vs. Steamboat do you considered it the greatest of all time?

Definitely the greatest series of matches in such a short span of time that they had them in. Also I'd say Flair's '89 year was the best any wrestler has ever had. As far as if their Clash of the Champions match (the best in the series IMO) is the best match of all time, that's hard for me to say bc I'm bad at picking a single best anything, there's just so many things that I'd consider up there for me to confidently pick one, and that goes for any genre of entertainment really not just wrestling.

well that brings us to our first write in question from my adoring fans such as KIF who like to know what you would do to see Vader & Joe go at it at there prime?

Exceptionally more than what I'd do for a Klondike Bar

What are some hobbies you had when you was younger that you no longer do?

If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?

What is your earliest wrestling memory ? from- Blaze

I was crazy into action figures as a kid, mostly wrestlers of course but also TMNT, transformers, DBZ and I had a blast just making Goku wreck wrestlers I didn't like bc he'd obviously kill them if they fought :side: I was also way more into video games as a kid, I barely play any now so that probably qualifies.

Shit I'd change a lot of things in the world if I could, but just one thing would probably just to make people mind their own business more and let people enjoy things. If someone likes something you don't like and it doesn't cause any harm to any other people then I say just let people live. Live and let live motherfuckers, worry about what you like and less about what you dislike and you'll be a happier person. I always see people on Twitter saying "Find someone that dislikes the same things you like and you'll be in a happy relationship" like bro fuck that, talking shit about things gets so old so quick, you just grow old and bitter if that's your philosophy in life.

My earliest wrestling memory is kind of cloudy, but I believe it was Shane showing up on Nitro. I distinctly remember being scared of Gangrel as a kid as well which would have been earlier than that and he wasn't on any of the VHS tapes I had so that was probably from watching it live. The first crazy vivid one I have is HBK returning in '02 and Jeff Hardy vs Undertaker in the Ladder match from around the same time (IDK which came first), I would have been like 6 at the time and I remember watching wrestling well before that, but I also don't have any really vivid memories until then.

So your a anime fan huh? What kind of anime do you like?

IDK if I'd consider myself much of a fan because I haven't seen a lot, but I got a casual interest in it like most other things. I always loved DBZ as a kid so that has a soft spot in my heart, but other than that I've watched and enjoyed Death Note and Cowboy Bebop as well, plus a lot of Japanese animated movies that I don't think are technically anime but they're similar at least.

One of my favorite shows of all time though is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, bro that shit was just insane, I can't say enough good things about the show.

the show is was insane so you like to get your drink on I have heard my good friend tell us what is the poison on thy lips

You give me something with alcohol in it and I'll drink it, I'm not that picky. I'm pretty partial to beer and wine considering that's the only thing you can buy in this bumfuck town, light beer is trash but I'll still drink it if that's all I've got. I love me some Guinness though, that'd be my go-to beer. Wine, I'll pretty much drink anything there it's great no matter what.

Back when I was in college, I got really into making mixed drinks all out like I'm talking making them in the glass they were meant to be served in and putting orange or lime slices on the rim and everything. My favorite cocktails are Rum and Coke (w/ some lime juice so technically called a cuba libre), Sex on the Beach which is orange juice, cranberry juice, vodka and a little peach schnapps (sometimes I'll just do vodka and orange juice if I'm lazy though), and then of course margaritas as they were meant to be made, a ton of tequila, some triple sec and a HINT of lime juice served with salt on the rim...two of my margaritas will get most people fucked up real quick. Also I can't forget Whiskey since it's my favorite liquor to drink straight, I'll usually pour it over some ice. Maker's Mark and Crown are my favorite but I won't really say no to any whiskey.

Pleased be informed that chris says you got the problem he does not just kidding. So the real question I think everyone here wants to know is....

You single shorty?

Yep and grateful for it. My last relationship was like two years ago and it made me remember how much more I like being single. And this ain't a crazy ex story or anything, she was cool and we're still friends but relationships are just an unnecessary stress on my life that I don't need right now.

You hear that lady of wrestlingsmarks.com swipe right on this hunk of a man. Well I wanna end each show with a song that everyone should listen to so Chris what shall that song be?

"A Day in the Life" by The Beatles

What a very fun interview it was great to have a chat with Chris hopefully you learned a little more about our resident loveable Chris.

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Alright guys gonna put a sign up sheet down if you want to be on the next episodes!

2. Grim

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I already thought Grim was the second guest, I want to send him some Viking questions.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Oh lordy here we go

Reactions: Chris

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Honestly, Grim they won't be anythin' bad. Probably just shit like how piss off were ya when Gary Anderson missed that kick.

Reactions: Chris

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Honestly, Grim they won't be anythin' bad. Probably just shit like how piss off were ya when Gary Anderson missed that kick.

Considering I was 2 when Anderson missed, I think I was more pissed that I didn't have my favorite toy on me lmao

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Sorry, I'll make sure the questions are more current. I was 10 when that happened and I was still distraught.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
What's the deadline for questions OMB? I'm gonna be super busy the next few days but I'll try and send some in

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler