Backstage News On WWE's Big RAW Plans For January 7 and 14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
- The January 7th episode of RAW with The Rock's return and Ryback vs. CM Punk is said to be an "all hands on deck" show with virtually every major big name being called in.

Then, WWE has the big RAW 20th Anniversary show on January 14th where they will be bringing several old names back. They may to bring back some names we don't see too often since some just appeared on the recent Slammys episode. Being in Texas, appearances by The Undertaker, Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels are likely. It's also expected WWE will make the first Hall of Fame announcement that night.

For what it's worth regarding the January 7th episode, it's said that when the show is over, "people will be talking."

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Backstage News on WWE's Big RAW Plans for January 7th and 14th - WrestleMania Season Kicking Off

Ant

Up The Villa
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of surprises planned then.

Can anybody else see Austin input into the WWE Championship match to possibly set up Austin/Punk for next year?

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
I don't think I need to see Austin involved in that match, but I do need to see Austin and Punk in the ring together at some point, just to plant the seeds for a match (even if it desn't end up happening)... I mean how great would it be for one of them to interrupt the other at some point, they don't even have to cut promos on each other, just music hits, walk to the ring, stare down, maybe an Austin flip off, then for the next year Punk can bring up how Austin showed him no respect

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Yeah Austin really doesn't need to get involved in the match would rather him come out drink 6 beers and have Punk come out and cut a back and forth intense promo.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I expect nothing more than a all hands on deck type show for the next few months. I don't wanna see garbage like Brodus vs Epico or Del Rio vs Ryder, absolute nothing throwaway matches.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Finally something to watch Raw. But please bring the 2 hour back. As Dale said, there are a lot of garbage matches. Just have good matches and push the right guys. Then there will be no need for 3 hour.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Worthless dirtsheet report saying the same recycled shit.

Also didn't WWE have a 20th anniversary show last year? Pretty sure that was one of their 3hr shows before they went 3hrs permanently.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Worthless dirtsheet report saying the same recycled shit.

Also didn't WWE have a 20th anniversary show last year? Pretty sure that was one of their 3hr shows before they went 3hrs permanently.

I think you are thinking of the 1000th episode of Raw, but I hear what you're saying.... every time they have a milestone episode they pull out these same headlines

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE normally up their game for the Road to Wrestlemania yet for whatever reason allow standards to drop right after. Not surprised that they are planning to start the year with a bang and that they are going to go all out celebrating the 20th anniversary of RAW which is a huge achievement.

Be good seeing Stone Cold since he wasn't able to appear on the 1000th episode due to surgery he had around that time.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I agree that 20 years is a landmark worth celebrating, one every ten years is nothing to complain about, but they need to do more than just throw away feel good appearances from the big guns, this show need to be a big part of the road to mania.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree that 20 years is a landmark worth celebrating, one every ten years is nothing to complain about, but they need to do more than just throw away feel good appearances from the big guns, this show need to be a big part of the road to mania.

But with a show like that they should really be looking at the past and celebrating the big things that have happened in the past twenty years. They do need to push ahead and promote the Rumble and start laying the foundation for WM feuds on the same show but I don't mind them going old school for the night and focussing more on the big names from the past. This time they are lucky that the can use The Rock in a featured role celebrating the past plus pushing towards WM, same goes for Taker as well.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I expect nothing more than a all hands on deck type show for the next few months. I don't wanna see garbage like Brodus vs Epico or Del Rio vs Ryder, absolute nothing throwaway matches.

Oh rest assured, we'll get a match with Foley, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, SGT Slaughter and Ric Flair.

Always happens.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm starting to think you would enjoy seeing these guys in a match given you seem to go on and on and on about it.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't mind them bringing back the old names that have helped them achieve such a milestone. It's pretty much expected to be honest.

An Austin/Punk promo would be great. Shit get Rock in there and it would be even better. 3 of the best on the mic in my opinion in the same ring? Would be very sexy.