Backstage News On AJ Lee & WWE’s GM Storyline

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Only thing I really liked him for in TNA was Fortune. That shit was pretty wicked. After a while in TNA though, he got a little stale. At least in WWE the fans will appreciate him more. Especially if it's in his home town. Even if he's not, I'd imagine there will be a few signs up.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
the only problem I have is flair isnt exactly reliable and it dosent seem like he gets on with many people, he was annoyed when TNA put him on house shows so it will be interesting to see what WWE do with him, i imagine he will wreslte for them as HHH will let him.

it's intersting to compare these comments with some from a TNA news site I go on, there they hated it when flair joined TNA and were happy when he left, here people want him in WWE

I don't. Last thing I want is for Flair to keep coming back, taking ring time and ultimately just adding a pop. They need to move on from the 1990s and just use Flair for a one off appearance every once in a while.

But knowing how scared the WWE gets when they get bad ratings, they'll do what they always do: invite Flair back, have him wrestle and embarass himself like he's been doing for the last 12 years, just to get a pop from a live crowd.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't. Last thing I want is for Flair to keep coming back, taking ring time and ultimately just adding a pop. They need to move on from the 1990s and just use Flair for a one off appearance every once in a while.

But knowing how scared the WWE gets when they get bad ratings, they'll do what they always do: invite Flair back, have him wrestle and embarass himself like he's been doing for the last 12 years, just to get a pop from a live crowd.

Wasn't he still kind of working full time for WWE in the last 12 years before retiring?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't know where they are going with this RAW GM storyline as it makes no sense to me right now. AJ being fired for fraternising with a worker and then replacing her with Vickie makes no sense since Vickie was dating Edge whilst Smackdown GM and is now with Ziggler. There is no consistency or logic to this replacement storyline.

Flair as a replacement would make more sense but I still think that they should just use Vince since he has been appearing each week anyway. Flair might be good in the short term as long as he doesn't wrestle.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Bring back Coach dammit! I don't care how happy he is over at ESPN!

Honestly though, I'd like to see a good GM on Raw again. One that is actually good on the mic and not annoying.

Reaction score
Bring back Coach dammit! I don't care how happy he is over at ESPN!

Honestly though, I'd like to see a good GM on Raw again. One that is actually good on the mic and not annoying.

That's the biggest problem.

I understand they try and get her heat, but Vickie is one of the most, if not the most annoying person on TV. People don't hate her for being heel, they hate her because it makes the show unenjoyable when she's there screeching. I'm sure we all know people who mute the TV whenever she comes on.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I do, I can't stand her voice. Gives me instant headache. They need someone who's actually amazing on the mic. Hell, getting a former wrestler would be great. Or bring in someone new who's good with that stuff.

Reaction score
I'll take this lightly for the time being, wouldn't want to get my hopes up. That being said I wouldn't be surprised to see Ric Flair back with WWE in some role or another, anything but wrestler works for me. They really need to bring Ric Flair back and have him manage guys that desperately need some attention, Ric Flair managing anyone is a good call in my books. Anything to here him on the stick week in a week out, but I'll believe he's coming back when I hear it.

As far as AJ Lee goes, I'm happy she isn't the general manager anymore. AJ Lee is their biggest draw for female talent right now and having her in main event storylines is where she needs to be. Her antics were so much more entertaining when she wasn't the general manager and was just running around crazy.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Bring back the Anonymous GM. They never revealed who it was.

It gave Michael Cole incredible heat, and the anonymous GM actually worked.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I couldn't really think of anything else for flair to do but, confront Cm Punk like Bret and Mick did.