AW Released From WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Another commie!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
The firing is bullshit. You fine a guy, you send him home for a bit, you even take away his live mic for a while. But to fire the dude is an OTT reaction from a company desperate to protect it's outside interests.

I do LOL that the offence was serious enough for a firing, yet they gave him a live mic for another full week following the incident. Like, if it's that big a deal, don't give him the mic again, y'know?

I guess I fall in with those guys who feel that whilst PTP won't suffer without him, they still could've used him in other roles. Disappointing.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I wasn't exactly interested in WWE at the point he was orginally around so I can't really judge if he is a big loss but from what I understand the firing does seem quite stupid.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
More on the issue:

According to a source, AW's release from WWE on Friday was due to two major points: first, and most obvious, was his tasteless and very non-PG Kobe Bryant reference/joke on RAW recently. The second, and equally as integral in the company's decision to fire him, was not as obvious.

This past Thursday on Twitter, AW posted the following tweet about the current Linda McMahon Senate campaign: #AWPromotio$ says vote for Linda McMahon!!! The PTP'z support Linda and so should you!! #VoteOrDie4Linda

According to our source, WWE has no tolerance right now for wrestlers in the company referencing McMahon's Senate run in any way, shape or form. Even if the subject matter is positive, as noted in the aforementioned tweet, WWE wants no mentions of any kind from its' employees about McMahon and politics. For both reasons, AW saw his career as a WWE Superstar go down the drain this week.

A representative for WWE told TMZ.com Friday evening, "Unfortunately, Brian Jossie, playing the character of A.W. was terminated because he continued to exhibit poor judgment by making offensive and inappropriate comments on live television and on social media."

Without specifically mentioning what the "poor judgment" was on social media, they are referring the Linda McMahon tweet. Even though it was a positive tweet encouraging fans to vote for Linda, WWE doesn't want any talents to even mention Linda McMahon's name on social media sites as we noted above.

Following his release, AW went back to Twitter and tweeted the following: I really do hope Linda wins that election because If not then all of this BS has been for nothing. #GoLinda!!

EWN

So the joke is only half the story. But still...

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Even more horseshit they cant endorse Linda? Wtf WWE wtf?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I've been laughing all day what the PTP are gonna do on raw. WWE doesnt acknowledge releases on tv so they're going to do one of two things.

1. Completely ignore that he ever existed
2. Have PTP cut a promo saying they don't need him anymore.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Personally WWE themselves have lost there mind.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Honestly, as shitty as it sounds, I'm find myself siding with WWE more and more here.

The rape joke was bad, but an apology was made and everyone moved on. Then just 10 days later, he makes another comment that could land him in hot water. They've just avoided one potential PR disaster with the guy, then he goes and does it again just a few days later? Learn from your mistakes dude.

I'm not a fan of them outright firing the guy, but c'mon. He seems to have a problem connecting brain to mouth, as evidenced by the Twitter rant too.

As a manager, one of his biggest skills needs to be to talk well for others, and he can't seem to talk well enough for himself let alone two other guys.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Honestly, as shitty as it sounds, I'm find myself siding with WWE more and more here.

The rape joke was bad, but an apology was made and everyone moved on. Then just 10 days later, he makes another comment that could land him in hot water. They've just avoided one potential PR disaster with the guy, then he goes and does it again just a few days later? Learn from your mistakes dude.

I'm not a fan of them outright firing the guy, but c'mon. He seems to have a problem connecting brain to mouth, as evidenced by the Twitter rant too.

As a manager, one of his biggest skills needs to be to talk well for others, and he can't seem to talk well enough for himself let alone two other guys.
He was endorsing Linda's campaign. You and I had the opposite reaction. I am getting more and more fed up with the WWE.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I disagree. I believe the Kobe joke was funny and it could be no worse than when comedians were making jokes about it. What PR meltdown? because they are PG? most people didn't even get the joke more than likely. Moreso, Linda isn't gonna win her campaign anyway.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I disagree. I believe the Kobe joke was funny and it could be no worse than when comedians were making jokes about it. What PR meltdown? because they are PG? most people didn't even get the joke more than likely. Moreso, Linda isn't gonna win her campaign anyway.

Just because it's funny doesn't make it ok. I'm not saying wwe should have released him but he went out of line

Postman Dave

Reaction score
He was endorsing Linda's campaign. You and I had the opposite reaction. I am getting more and more fed up with the WWE.

But WWE don't want people endorsing Linda's campaign. Despite the fact everyone on the planet knows there are likely ties, WWE can't be seen to be backing her politically. Remember the "Stand Up for WWE" bullshit? At no point did they reference Linda, because it hurts her politically to do so. That's giving people ammunition to say "she's definitely being backed by a million dollar corporation".

It may have been under good intentions, but it's the second time in two week time frame he's made a mistake like this.

Yeah, calling someone unstoppable like a guy trying to rape someone in a hotel room is pretty non-PG. Enough people got the joke for it to be an issue. It doesn't matter if you or I found it funny or not, the companies sponsoring and signing merch deals with WWE probably didn't. And the campaign ain't over until the votes are counted whether we like it or not.

Just because it's funny doesn't make it ok. I'm not saying wwe should have released him but he went out of line

basically, this.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
But WWE don't want people endorsing Linda's campaign. Despite the fact everyone on the planet knows there are likely ties, WWE can't be seen to be backing her politically. Remember the "Stand Up for WWE" bullshit? At no point did they reference Linda, because it hurts her politically to do so. That's giving people ammunition to say "she's definitely being backed by a million dollar corporation".

It may have been under good intentions, but it's the second time in two week time frame he's made a mistake like this.

Yeah, calling someone unstoppable like a guy trying to rape someone in a hotel room is pretty non-PG. Enough people got the joke for it to be an issue. It doesn't matter if you or I found it funny or not, the companies sponsoring and signing merch deals with WWE probably didn't. And the campaign ain't over until the votes are counted whether we like it or not.

basically, this.
As far as I'm concerned Linda already failed once, so continuing to punish people for her asinine career ambitions is beyond stupid.