Authority DQ Fest

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Yes, I agree. I don't see why they'd have Kane in the main event, Mark Henry as a babyface, and sooo much more, so really, I was just pointing out what they probably think, not that it's what I'd do. :dawg:

Can understand because it suits the storyline, but the more I think about it, the more this is a triple edged sword.

Babyfaces win, post match attack: "lol here's WWE overpushing babyfaces again, same old Cena crap smh"
Heels win: "lol why are orton and kane winning matches in 2014"
DQ finish: this thread

and this is why I don't post as much :dawg:

Reactions: Red Rain

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I really don't mind the DQ finishes, as much as they can be annoying at sometimes when you really just wanna see how the match would naturally result at least they do DQs that make some sense.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Can understand because it suits the storyline, but the more I think about it, the more this is a triple edged sword.

Babyfaces win, post match attack: "lol here's WWE overpushing babyfaces again, same old Cena crap smh"
Heels win: "lol why are orton and kane winning matches in 2014"
DQ finish: this thread

and this is why I don't post as much :dawg:
True. The smarks (we) enjoy complaining a lot. But hey, you know, they've booked themselves into this by having a top babyface people hate and, well, pushing Kane and Orton to the main event. :dawg:
Plus, I didn't watch the match in question, but Ambrose was there, wasn't he? Could've pinned Kane. That I don't know why they didn't do.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
True. The smarks (we) enjoy complaining a lot. But hey, you know, they've booked themselves into this by having a top babyface people hate and, well, pushing Kane and Orton to the main event. :dawg:
Plus, I didn't watch the match in question, but Ambrose was there, wasn't he? Could've pinned Kane. That I don't know why they didn't do.
They may be keeping Kane's character strong because he is the first man Daniel Bryan will target once he returns.
As for the 'top babyface people hate', John Cena makes them ridiculous money so it must be working.
No matter how much any individual is hated, the only thing that matters is how much money they cost or bring in to the company.

Snowman1

Reaction score

Oh it's 100% on the company and all the hours of programming. We may not like a Main Event like that and hate the old guard and how sick we are of seeing them, but I can't think of a better option. I have as much desire as you do to have Kane and Orton in the main event, but someone has to be there to job, right? But then again...

Even with Ambrose being there and how he could have pinned Thing One or Thing Two, even that scares me a bit since you can't give faces too many wins nowadays without the fans turning on them, but Ambrose is surely a different story (see Bryan, Daniel)

The match in question ended with Rollins running in and attacking Ambrose (after he hit Dirty Deeds on Orton for the "unofficial" win), then Ambrose attacked Rollins. Cena ran in like a house of fire and moved Ambrose out of the the way to attack Rollins, and then Ambrose did the same thing back, etc. Did a good job of what they wanted to get over which was "both of these guys hate Seth Rollins with a passion" so I guess we shouldn't be complaining about it... then again there's a reason you didn't bother watching it. :dawg:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
They may be keeping Kane's character strong because he is the first man Daniel Bryan will target once he returns.
As for the 'top babyface people hate', John Cena makes them ridiculous money so it must be working.
No matter how much any individual is hated, the only thing that matters is how much money they cost or bring in to the company.
Well, certainly. I was just referring to the internet rage it causes. As far as Kane goes, well, maybe they're going for that. Honestly, no idea why they'd want to do that match but hey, if it's what they want.

Oh it's 100% on the company and all the hours of programming. We may not like a Main Event like that and hate the old guard and how sick we are of seeing them, but I can't think of a better option. I have as much desire as you do to have Kane and Orton in the main event, but someone has to be there to job, right? But then again...

Even with Ambrose being there and how he could have pinned Thing One or Thing Two, even that scares me a bit since you can't give faces too many wins nowadays without the fans turning on them, but Ambrose is surely a different story (see Bryan, Daniel)

The match in question ended with Rollins running in and attacking Ambrose (after he hit Dirty Deeds on Orton for the "unofficial" win), then Ambrose attacked Rollins. Cena ran in like a house of fire and moved Ambrose out of the the way to attack Rollins, and then Ambrose did the same thing back, etc. Did a good job of what they wanted to get over which was "both of these guys hate Seth Rollins with a passion" so I guess we shouldn't be complaining about it... then again there's a reason you didn't bother watching it. :dawg:
Well, you do have Cena ruining the best feud, a match which was obviously not going to be particularly good nor have any relevance (especially the finish we're complaining about) so, yeah, I have to go through G1, not going to watch Kane tag matches lol

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
Is John Cena really making them ridiculous money? They're going through budget cuts like crazy.

Well, you do have Cena ruining the best feud, a match which was obviously not going to be particularly good nor have any relevance (especially the finish we're complaining about) so, yeah, I have to go through G1, not going to watch Kane tag matches lol

Hahahahaha, got that right!

Disagree with John Cena ruining this feud but KLock put it best...

Actually, you know what? Here's the best way to put it: I have 12.99 in my hand right now that can easily go towards a 1 month WWEN subscription. They need buys to avoid turning into TNA, right? Then if they want my money, give me Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins inside Hell in a Cell as the main event of this PPV. Not just because I'm an internet mark and those are our guys, not because it would be a "four star classic", but that WWE MADE me want this match based on the long-brewing tension between the two wrestlers. Rollins sold out his friend for the Authority's money (in the bank) and tried to kill the guy on live TV and Ambrose has wanted to get his hands on him ever since. Now's his chance now JUST DO THE MATCH.

I don't give a single fuck about Cena getting screwed out of his eighteen billionth title that he never should have won in the first place. If you make it a Triple Threat, they lose my 12.99. If they do the whole "cena vs ambrose, winner gets Rollins" deal, they lose my money.

That's where I am with WWE. I'm not asking for too much here, am I? They have something obvious staring them right in the face. Do something right for a change, and get rewarded for it.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
They have too much programming, thus their main eventers have to wrestle very often and can't get pinned that much so this serves to protect them. Granted it sucks most of the time, but it's what happens when you have like 5 hours of TV a week.
well, although I see your point...that's not a valid excuse for this garbage as WWE started doing 3 hour Raw tapings not too long ago. Thus they had 4 hours worth the show to do feuds, etc. And I get that extra hour can be hard to fill, they're just not doing it correctly and using their talent: once again, WWE's fault.

Regardless of time, protection, etc., there's ot reason for the lack of creativity in the sense that WWE see's no better option than to have the Authority get DQ week in and out. Doing this creates a lack of dominant feel for the Authority in the long run. As of now, there's no reason as to why Rollins shouldn't be able to get a pinfall win over Cena. Sure, Kane may play some sort of interference or something, which leads to an unseen curbstomp....but yeah, Authority keeps losing their credibility in the long run with this garbage.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I really don't mind the DQ finishes, as much as they can be annoying at sometimes when you really just wanna see how the match would naturally result at least they do DQs that make some sense.
I don't mind DQ now and then....but they do it all the fucking time now....it's not entertaining at all and makes rollins, kane, and orton look weak.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
well, although I see your point...that's not a valid excuse for this garbage as WWE started doing 3 hour Raw tapings not too long ago. Thus they had 4 hours worth the show to do feuds, etc. And I get that extra hour can be hard to fill, they're just not doing it correctly and using their talent: once again, WWE's fault.

Regardless of time, protection, etc., there's ot reason for the lack of creativity in the sense that WWE see's no better option than to have the Authority get DQ week in and out. Doing this creates a lack of dominant feel for the Authority in the long run. As of now, there's no reason as to why Rollins shouldn't be able to get a pinfall win over Cena. Sure, Kane may play some sort of interference or something, which leads to an unseen curbstomp....but yeah, Authority keeps losing their credibility in the long run with this garbage.
Not blaming 3 hour Raw, just the overall oversaturation of the product. Not having a brand split and thus having even 4 hours of TV a week is a bit too much. But I do agree with you, it's not because they have to fill a lot of time that they can phone it in. But having more time does make it more difficult.

Reactions: edge4ever

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Hey, everyone... The Authority's DQ Fest will continue tonight on Raw. Don't miss it, folks!

• Haha
Reactions: edge4ever

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Actually, you know what? Here's the best way to put it: I have 12.99 in my hand right now that can easily go towards a 1 month WWEN subscription. They need buys to avoid turning into TNA, right? Then if they want my money, give me Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins inside Hell in a Cell as the main event of this PPV. Not just because I'm an internet mark and those are our guys, not because it would be a "four star classic", but that WWE MADE me want this match based on the long-brewing tension between the two wrestlers. Rollins sold out his friend for the Authority's money (in the bank) and tried to kill the guy on live TV and Ambrose has wanted to get his hands on him ever since. Now's his chance now JUST DO THE MATCH.

I don't give a single fuck about Cena getting screwed out of his eighteen billionth title that he never should have won in the first place. If you make it a Triple Threat, they lose my 12.99. If they do the whole "cena vs ambrose, winner gets Rollins" deal, they lose my money.

That's where I am with WWE. I'm not asking for too much here, am I? They have something obvious staring them right in the face. Do something right for a change, and get rewarded for it.

Even though I agree 100% about just booking Rollins and Ambrose in the cell like logic and storytelling should dictate they should, getting Cena involved is one of the things that I love about Seth's character right now - He's managed to piss off pretty much everyone around him except for Hunter and Stephanie. Dean Ambrose, John Cena, Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar/Paul Heyman... They all want his head for different reasons. Even Kane and Randy Orton, his own comrades within The Authority, are slowly growing tired of him since they're being forced to fight his battles and clean up his messes for him. Seth's such a shit-stirrer that he's rubbed just about everyone he comes into contact with these days the wrong way.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I'm watching RAW tonight in full anticipation of another fucking DQ finish. I get the RAW is disposable deal, but it's like a broken record at this point. The PPV ends in DQ, the Raw's after do, this week looks like the same shit, but to me that isn't the issue to why I end up doing other shit with RAW in the background for the 2nd half. There are a million other shitty deals going on at the same time, which makes me hate the DQ ending so much more. Bella dogshit, US title confusion, AJ vs Paige kind of but not really because their is sexual tension, etc. Last week the first hour was great. IC title match was AWESOME (miz pun) and Ambrose was great, hell the beginning was 90% great also, but after that I dont know what the fucking point was of the show. It was like "get ready for an amazing RAW, Aids" followed by a ton of dogshit and Michael Cole talking for 2 hours about the same shit. They could fire him and have a Colebot and it wouldn't be any worse.

I don't even mind the triple thread cage match, but knowing it'll be a stupid ending with the last 5+ minutes involve kane and possibly even HHH is why I have no interest in watching it. Ambrose vs Rollins is what should happen, with Cena vs Kane (IDGAF how that sounds) happening outside before Cena buries that JBL wannabe the next night on RAW. A lot is better, but they need to just have a separate show for diva's imo, and put those dank ass dark NXT wrestler matches on instead. Also get this Gator Bunny shit over with.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
I'm watching RAW tonight in full anticipation of another fucking DQ finish. I get the RAW is disposable deal, but it's like a broken record at this point. The PPV ends in DQ, the Raw's after do, this week looks like the same shit, but to me that isn't the issue to why I end up doing other shit with RAW in the background for the 2nd half. There are a million other shitty deals going on at the same time, which makes me hate the DQ ending so much more. Bella dogshit, US title confusion, AJ vs Paige kind of but not really because their is sexual tension, etc. Last week the first hour was great. IC title match was AWESOME (miz pun) and Ambrose was great, hell the beginning was 90% great also, but after that I dont know what the fucking point was of the show. It was like "get ready for an amazing RAW, Aids" followed by a ton of dogshit and Michael Cole talking for 2 hours about the same shit. They could fire him and have a Colebot and it wouldn't be any worse.

I don't even mind the triple thread cage match, but knowing it'll be a stupid ending with the last 5+ minutes involve kane and possibly even HHH is why I have no interest in watching it. Ambrose vs Rollins is what should happen, with Cena vs Kane (IDGAF how that sounds) happening outside before Cena buries that JBL wannabe the next night on RAW. A lot is better, but they need to just have a separate show for diva's imo, and put those dank ass dark NXT wrestler matches on instead. Also get this Gator Bunny shit over with.
You agree with me but dislike my post? :idk: