Authority DQ Fest

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Hey All,

After watching Raw this past Monday, I am amazed at how many matches (lately, especially) end up in DQ. This seems to only happen when dealing with the Authority as well. I don't understand how WWE can't come up with anything besides ending a potentially good match in a DQ. I understand that the Authority is supposed to be the "bad guys" and will do anything to get the upper hand on their opponents....but this is insane. Cena and Brock ended in DQ. The Raw after this, 2 matches with the Authority ended in DQ. This week, the main event was DQ....it's boring and reminds me of some NWO bs. The Authority just runs in on any match and attacks....doesn't care about DQ.....and we see the same crap week in and week out....

I'm not saying that they don't do anything interesting with Rollins or Ambrose, I'm stating that this DQ fest is ridiculous and totally lacks any fashion of creativity. I know WWE hasn't been too creative for years....but does anyone share a similar belief that the Authority is getting really stale as of late, mainly because of crap like constant DQ's?

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
You nearly hit the nail on the head: The NWO.
The Kliq consisted of Triple H, HBK, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash and Sean Waltman, right?
Since the NWO featured 3 of those men it isn't inconceivable to believe their booking philosophy isn't all that different between the 5 of them.
In other words, if Kevin Nash felt inconclusive finishes were appropriate then Triple H would probably be in favor as well.

It's a theory. DX was known for politicking and favoring themselves above all. Triple H is responsible for all talent and believes this is the best method.
If Vince really has handed Triple H the hammer, this may be the philosophy the latter chooses to employ: Heel group = power group.

Reactions: edge4ever

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Hey All,

After watching Raw this past Monday, I am amazed at how many matches (lately, especially) end up in DQ. This seems to only happen when dealing with the Authority as well. I don't understand how WWE can't come up with anything besides ending a potentially good match in a DQ. I understand that the Authority is supposed to be the "bad guys" and will do anything to get the upper hand on their opponents....but this is insane. Cena and Brock ended in DQ. The Raw after this, 2 matches with the Authority ended in DQ. This week, the main event was DQ....it's boring and reminds me of some NWO bs. The Authority just runs in on any match and attacks....doesn't care about DQ.....and we see the same crap week in and week out....

I'm not saying that they don't do anything interesting with Rollins or Ambrose, I'm stating that this DQ fest is ridiculous and totally lacks any fashion of creativity. I know WWE hasn't been too creative for years....but does anyone share a similar belief that the Authority is getting really stale as of late, mainly because of crap like constant DQ's?
I think I said basically the same thing a few days ago. Getting old.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I think I said basically the same thing a few days ago. Getting old.
yeah, I just don't get it.....I don't mind an occasional DQ from the Authority seeing as that has to happen sometimes.....but it's all the time....on Raw, Smackdown, PPV's...whatever. Hate that shit.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
You nearly hit the nail on the head: The NWO.
The Kliq consisted of Triple H, HBK, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash and Sean Waltman, right?
Since the NWO featured 3 of those men it isn't inconceivable to believe their booking philosophy isn't all that different between the 5 of them.
In other words, if Kevin Nash felt inconclusive finishes were appropriate then Triple H would probably be in favor as well.

It's a theory. DX was known for politicking and favoring themselves above all. Triple H is responsible for all talent and believes this is the best method.
If Vince really has handed Triple H the hammer, this may be the philosophy the latter chooses to employ: Heel group = power group.
Hell, if Triple H really feels this way, more power to him. However, don't end everything in DQ....it ultimately will make your group look weaker if they can't get a fucking pinfall to save their lives.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Hell, if Triple H really feels this way, more power to him. However, don't end everything in DQ....it ultimately will make your group look weaker if they can't get a fucking pinfall to save their lives.
The difference with NWO is that they were always whipping people's a**es.
In WWE, DX (the original incarnation) was always getting their a** handed to them.
It isn't exactly the same as NWO. The Authority not being able to score a pin-fall isn't a bad thing in HHH's eyes (original DX).

I'm not in favor of constant run-ins. It does reek of WCW Thunder. TNA is booking better main event shows as the Empire is far too sterile and formulaic.
On a positive note, Dean Ambrose is coming out smelling like roses. If this is the case, the long term benefits outweigh the short term annoyances.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
This doesn't really bother me much at all. It gets old but to be fair, the grand majority of matches on Raw, Smackdown and Main Event combined are disposable and forgettable anyway. I care much more about how the overall story develops rather than the specific finish of the match most of the time. Last night saw The Authority standing tall over Cena and Ambrose after they laid them out, that's enough for me. Although it wouldn't have hurt if Orton had picked up a 'clean' pinfall victory by hitting Cena with a surprise RKO while Cena was too busy with either Kane or a distracting Rollins.

Reactions: Snowman1

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
This doesn't really bother me much at all. It gets old but to be fair, the grand majority of matches on Raw, Smackdown and Main Event combined are disposable and forgettable anyway. I care much more about how the overall story develops rather than the specific finish of the match most of the time. Last night saw The Authority standing tall over Cena and Ambrose after they laid them out, that's enough for me. Although it wouldn't have hurt if Orton had picked up a 'clean' pinfall victory by hitting Cena with a surprise RKO while Cena was too busy with either Kane or a distracting Rollins.
Well, yeah, I mean who doesn't care more about the overall story as opposed to every event that lead up to the main fight? However, it would be nice if these top dog heels could actually pin (win) over their adversaries along the way.....it makes the whole story more appealing and believable if you ask me.....if Dean and Cena keep destroying the Authority to the point of them needed a DQ to escape....then at the next PPV, Rollins wins clean over Ambrose....it looks ridiculous if you ask me.

Just want them to change it up now and then. Have Orton hit that quick RKO for the win on Ambrose...something different.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
And here we go again......I just watched part of smackdown..and we had yet again another DQ from the same Randy Orton and Kane bs routine that we always see...fuck WWE!

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
They have too much programming, thus their main eventers have to wrestle very often and can't get pinned that much so this serves to protect them. Granted it sucks most of the time, but it's what happens when you have like 5 hours of TV a week.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
They have too much programming, thus their main eventers have to wrestle very often and can't get pinned that much so this serves to protect them. Granted it sucks most of the time, but it's what happens when you have like 5 hours of TV a week.

I don't see why you'd bother protecting Orton or Kane at this point lol.

It would be better if they took a page out of the Ring of Honor playbook and created this environment where, even though the matches may not mean much, the wrestlers still care about winning them because of their pride. Rollins getting his stablemates DQ'ed sets that back so much

But that's in a perfect world, right now I'm just siding with KLock up there

Last edited:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
WWE doesn't care enough to add a good finish that can protect both (or more) guys. I was actually shocked that Roman Reigns v Seth Rollins ended without an interference or DQ.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I don't see why you'd bother protecting Orton or Kane at this point lol.

It would be better if they took a page out of the Ring of Honor playbook and created this environment where, even though the matches may not mean much, the wrestlers still care about winning them because of their pride. Rollins getting his stablemates DQ'ed sets that back so much

But that's in a perfect world, right now I'm just siding with KLock up there
Yes, I agree. I don't see why they'd have Kane in the main event, Mark Henry as a babyface, and sooo much more, so really, I was just pointing out what they probably think, not that it's what I'd do. :dawg:

• Haha
Reactions: Snowman1