Ask Phantomgerald a sports question

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bradders

Reaction score
Same, also who will win the bid for the 2016 world cup?

Wrestling Station

Do you think signing Claudio Pizzaro would do any good to Chelsea? I mean until now we have seen nothing from him, and his stepping up path is almost like Sheva last season? dont you agree? or you he's a different story?

phantomgerald

where do u think man utd will finish this season

Third, I reckon, to Liverpool and Chelsea. Their signings are still young and I think they'll be concentrating on the CL this season since they already won the tile last year. This will be the transistional year for the third generation of Manchester United under Alex Ferguson.

Do you think signing Claudio Pizzaro would do any good to Chelsea? I mean until now we have seen nothing from him, and his stepping up path is almost like Sheva last season? dont you agree? or you he's a different story?

First off, even if he turned out an absolute flop, he was still free so the transfer fee if he was sold would probably make up for the wages paid, so I see this as a no-lose situation. Secondly, he's still younger and the German League is more similar to the EPL than the Italian league. I still think he'll make an allright back-up for Drogba.

PeepShow

What player selected in this years NFL Draft, do you think will have the best NFL career and why?

phantomgerald

What player selected in this years NFL Draft, do you think will have the best NFL career and why?

I pick Marshawn Lynch. His body have not suffered any major injury yet, and that's vital for a running-back. He's also going to be thrown into the deep end straight away, and if he can establish himself, that place will be his for years to come.

PeepShow

Ok, on the flip side, what player in this draft do you think will be the biggest bust?

hbk4894

Reaction score
who do u think is going to go up from the championship to the premiership

Bradders

Reaction score
Who is the greatest captain in the world at the moment in soccer?

Reaction score
with the addition of Kevin Garnett, and ray allen, along with paul pierce still on the team, how far do you think the celtics will get in the play offs

c4_FatTony

Reaction score
Who do you think is going to win the US Open this year in New York?

What kind of year do you think both Randy Moss and Donte Stallworth will have with Brady as their quarterback?

phantomgerald

Ok, on the flip side, what player in this draft do you think will be the biggest bust?

Ted Ginn. He went too high up. I would thought he go at around 20-30 but going higher would mean added pressure. He's not a top 20 pick but now the dolphins fans would expect him to be one. This has flop written all over it. Either that or Justin Harrell. As much as I hate to say it, I think GB made a stupid mistake drafting an injury prone DT when they have no urgent need there and the rookie isn't even expected to go in the top 20.

Do you think Da Sliva will be a flop for Arsenal

I think he would compete with Abebayor and Bendter for the second striker spot with Van Persie. He would probably have to get used to some time on the bench, and if he can accept that, I think he would be a decent signing. However, I can't see him stepping into Henry's shoes.

who do u think is going to go up from the championship to the premiership

I would say Watford. They actually have a decent team and a good striker in Marlon King but it all went wrong when he got injured and Young was sold. They might have sold Bouazza, but their team is still good enough for the championship and they have a future England manager in Aidan Boothoyrd.

Who is the greatest captain in the world at the moment in soccer?

Steven Gerrard. Who else has that much influence on how well a team plays. When he's on fire, they nearly always win. If he's not, they struggle for the points.

Who do you think is going to win the US Open this year in New York?

What kind of year do you think both Randy Moss and Donte Stallworth will have with Brady as their quarterback?

I think this US open is for Djokovic to finally make his breakthrough. He beaten Federer on hard court recently, so he knows he can do it. Like I've said a few times before, he's third in the world but not many people actually think he stands a chance with Federer and Nadal. I beg to differ. He's a power player and when Federer retires, he'll compete with Nadal for the top spot.

As for Stallworth and Moss, I think if Stallworth can stay injury-free, he'll surprise everybody and become the #1 receiver on the team. Moss would be #2 and he would get decent numbers if he doesn't throw his little tantrums.