Arrow

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
After a violent shipwreck, billionaire playboy Oliver Queen was missing and presumed dead for five years before being discovered alive on a remote island in the Pacific. When he returns home to Starling City, his devoted mother Moira, much-beloved sister Thea, and best friend Tommy welcome him home, but they sense Oliver has been changed by his ordeal on the island. While Oliver hides the truth about the man he's become, he desperately wants to make amends for the actions he took as the boy he was. Most particularly, he seeks reconciliation with his former girlfriend, Laurel Lance. As Oliver reconnects with those closest to him, he secretly creates the persona of Arrow - a vigilante – to right the wrongs of his family, fight the ills of society, and restore Starling City to its former glory. By day, Oliver plays the role of a wealthy, carefree and careless philanderer he used to be - flanked by his devoted chauffeur/bodyguard, John Diggle - while carefully concealing the secret identity he turns to under cover of darkness. However, Laurel's father, Detective Quentin Lance, is determined to arrest the vigilante operating in his city. Meanwhile, Oliver's own mother, Moira, knows much more about the deadly shipwreck than she has let on – and is more ruthless than he could ever imagine.

The series stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

Based on characters appearing in comic books and graphic novels published by DC Comics, ARROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti ("Green Lantern," "Brothers & Sisters"), Marc Guggenheim ("FlashForward," "Eli Stone"), Andrew Kreisberg ("Warehouse 13," "The Vampire Diaries") and David Nutter ("Smallville," "Supernatural," "Game of Thrones"). Melissa Kellner Berman ("Eli Stone," "Dirty Sexy Money") is co-executive producer. The pilot was directed by David Nutter from a teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim, story by Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim.

From the CW site. Now as much as I wish they'd just continued from Smallville the series has been pretty good so far. But I think they'd have gotten a bit of a different flavor if the first season had take place on the island with flashbacks to his normal life.

I'm not big on Comics but I thought the lived in Star City? Starling seems a bit forced.

Now the shows captivated me I'm just waiting for some more gems of the over arching plot I think we'll get the full picture in episode 3 or 4.

Also I cannot wait for his bodyguard to find out already. I feel the character is played well as a very smart skilled guy so this whole thing of him dodging the guy is already starting to wear thin for me.

Thoughts?

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Like you Prime, i'm not a comic book fan either. I watched Smallville and own all 10 seasons on DVD, so when I heard the CW were going to do a show all about Arrow I became instantly interested. I really liked the debut episode, and i'm currently watching the 2nd at the moment.

Also i'm a fan of Katie Cassidy's, and have been for a few years now since I first saw her on the CW reboot of Melrose Place.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Read a bit of info on this I'm reserved about this because I wasn't a fan of how Smallville was done and right now Warner Brothers in my view have fucked with almost every DC Comic movie and tv wise except for the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Glad that the Bodyguard isn't being kept in the dark like a moron for years on end. Though I think it'd have been better if he'd figured it out as opposed to being told. Need more of the over arching story to start hooking people in. Good news though it got picked up for a full season already.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Shows going great so far now the bodyguard just needs to suit up. Anyone know how old the younger sister is supposed to be in the show?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Renewed for another Season.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Loved the not Robin Hood line in the last episode.

And felicity damn in that episode.

Getting annoyed by them still calling him the hood he needs to become Green Arrow. I mean they've even introduced Roy Harper time to get ducks in a row and progress.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Is it me or is everyone on this show starting to gain weight? At least in the face.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Wow that last episode. I wanted everyone to die at the very least Laurel, Her Dad, Tommy and Thea. It would have made so much sense it would change him from The Hood to Green Arrow, Roy to Speedy and make Starling City Star City. I guess I got Tom I think I'll get thea but wow.
[MENTION=518]Breakaway[/MENTION] what'd you think?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The undertaking should have left a star shaped section of the city leveled, and then in the season premier we see it and its a full blown forest. Could introduce both Swamp Thing & Solomon Grundy.

I would have preferred to see what turns Shadow & Slade against Ollie, but I guess that's a story better told over an entire season.

And the inclusion of Ferris Airlines(which used the exact same logo from the Green Lantern movie) gives a good idea of what kind of team ups we can expect, Arrow & Lantern have a large amount of history together.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I thought the last episode was awesome. I had a feeling Tommy might die, when I read that somebody would die in the finale. So I got that one right. I hope also that Malcolm isn't dead either, because he can become the Lex Luthor of Arrow.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Thought i'd bump this since the trailer for Season 2 was unveiled at Comic-Con.

[youtube]Nkl8cmfXEOo[/youtube]

Can't wait until Season 2 premieres

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Summer Glau has been announced as a recurring character, and they announced some other woman will be playing Black Canary, which as a fan of GA comics, upsets me to no end since it wont me Dinah "Laurel" Lance.