Are We Finishing the Story? The Cody/Rock/Roman Megathread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
If someone about to cut a long promo, needs to be someone who’s good on the microphone. Like really good, probably great
Oh for sure you’re definitely not gonna have someone that sucks. Cut 20 minute promo.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
To clarify: I meant mostly should be especially one person promos. Unless you are Punk or MJF, I don't need to listen to you drone on and on and on (looking at HHH) because most people can't make me give a fuck about a long promo
Oh, then we agree. But I don’t think most of the time it’s just one person usually it’s one person and someone else comes out and there’s a whole thing. Like I was saying in the second half of that most of the rest of your promos, can be accomplished, doing the same thing with a backstage interview, and those can just be like three minutes.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Always do what’s best for that particular episode but I guess I was saying in the earlier response there’s nothing wrong with having a format. You follow most of the time. Like I was saying, generally speaking a script, always follows a particular format, almost exclusively always, and there’s nothing wrong with telling a story that way because it makes the most sense.
There is nothing inherently wrong with either approach. I was simply suggesting alternatives, not that one was better than the other.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
There is nothing inherently wrong with either approach. I was simply suggesting alternatives, not that one was better than the other.
I think we just missing each other because I don’t think there’s an either or here. You can change the format when it fits better for the episode. 1000%, but there’s nothing wrong with eight out of 10 episodes, generally following a format and then the other two breaking that format, because it works better for that particular episode.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
On promos: Short and sweet. Don't need fucking 20 minutes on a fucking a promo unless you are Punk (Once a month praise for him) or MJF or a few others, I don't need you to drone on. Majority of promos should be short and fast-paced ala to the point. Also I think 90% of wrestling weekly shows should start with a match. Make it so when a promo starts the show it matters (but this is why I prefer AEW).

And that's fine. But you aren't also constantly trying to go back to the past. That's my issue with some AE fans who refuse to move on from those days.

If you love that content and hate modern wrestling, the network is an option. We live in a modern era with everything at our fingertips. No need to not use the world we have.
In general, people who complain that the product of a company isn't what they want it to be is dumb to me. Like, if you liked WWE from 97 to 02 then watch that shit. Or, find a company that reminds you of it, there's almost certainly something out there. But don't sit there and bitch because modern WWE isn't raunchy enough and the matches are too spotty. No one's forcing you to watch anything.

• Love
Reactions: Roy Mustang

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Because I think AEW also has a format it’s just that its format is starting with a match and then when it breaks that format it’s when it starts with a promo.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I think we just missing each other because I don’t think there’s an either or here. You can change the format when it fits better for the episode. 1000%, but there’s nothing wrong with eight out of 10 episodes, generally following a format and then the other two breaking that format, because it works better for that particular episode.
Yeah we're both basically saying the same thing but I think I am communicating it poorly that I was basically agreeing.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
In general, people who complain that the product of a company isn't what they want it to be is dumb to me. Like, if you liked WWE from 97 to 02 then watch that shit. Or, find a company that reminds you of it, there's almost certainly something out there. But don't sit there and bitch because modern WWE isn't raunchy enough and the matches are too spotty. No one's forcing you to watch anything.
I don’t really agree with this line of thinking because you can rewatch the older stuff but eventually it gets boring. If you’re a wrestling fan, you’re gonna want to still watch a product that you enjoy. Course no one is going to force you to watch but you don’t wanna have to stop watching because no one caters to what you want to see.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I don’t really agree with this line of thinking because you can rewatch the older stuff but eventually it gets boring. If you’re a wrestling fan, you’re gonna want to still watch a product that you enjoy. Course no one is going to force you to watch but you don’t wanna have to stop watching because no one caters to what you want to see.
Might not want to have to, but at the end of the day if no company out there is making a product that caters to you, then it's time to wake up and realize that the shit isn't for you anymore and you going online yapping about it isn't doing anyone any good.

Hypothetical you, of course.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The only fans I think are stupid are the ones where they do enjoy a product like the fans who are die hard wwe fans, but then they bitch because AEW isn’t doing that. It’s like if you already have a product that you enjoy then shut up and enjoy that product. Stop trying to get AEW to be with the WWE is. Just enjoy the WWE and vice versa.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Oh for sure you’re definitely not gonna have someone that sucks. Cut 20 minute promo.
Even if it’s someone who’s only decent, I wouldn’t want it. Like let me think of an example.

Okay, I like Bayley, think she is a pretty decent promo, but I don’t think no 10-20 minute promo from her. Now, say someone like Cody, I can take a bit of a longer one. MJF, Punk to an extent. They definitely can have a good promo time and I’ll be fine with it.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Might not want to have to, but at the end of the day if no company out there is making a product that caters to you, then it's time to wake up and realize that the shit isn't for you anymore and you going online yapping about it isn't doing anyone any good.

Hypothetical you, of course.
I personally think it’s just a decision that they have to make for themselves. If you can’t find something you enjoy, then you could walk away but I don’t think it’s necessarily a bad thing if they want to fight for what they want because enough people banning together and made their voice loud enough. Someone might eventually fill that void. That’s what capitalism does best. If there’s enough people squawking that they want an attitude era adjacent product may be eventually someone will fill that void void.

Shit, the ECW fans won’t let go of ECW keep squawking, and it seems like every year a new ECW style Promotion comes back. I mean look at XPW they randomly came back two years ago.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Even if it’s someone who’s only decent, I wouldn’t want it. Like let me think of an example.

Okay, I like Bayley, think she is a pretty decent promo, but I don’t think no 10-20 minute promo from her. Now, say someone like Cody, I can take a bit of a longer one. MJF, Punk to an extent. They definitely can have a good promo time and I’ll be fine with it.
See, it’s hard to have a hard line agree, or disagree on this, because, like even if I didn’t think Bayley was necessarily a strong promo, I wouldn’t say that she shouldn’t ever cut along promo if it’s needed for the storyline to advance.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I just had this scary mental image of Hacksaw Jim Duggan giving a 20 minute promo...

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
See, it’s hard to have a hard line agree, or disagree on this, because, like even if I didn’t think Bayley was necessarily a strong promo, I wouldn’t say that she shouldn’t ever cut along promo if it’s needed for the storyline to advance.
Also depends I guess on who it is with I guess. Cause I mean it’s not about to normally be someone by themselves the whole time lol. Normally. Put with someone else who can cut one sure. But something like Bayley vs say Nia :pull please keep it short lol.