Are We Finishing the Story? The Cody/Rock/Roman Megathread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I have waited 4 years for the rock vs roman match, im not waiting another year because some feel a disney fairytale needs to happen this year

I mean I get it of course, your a cody fan and want to see him in the man event

I however can't stand his lame ass story, so I'm not going to wait another year so he can habe his moment

I also have no interest in the match if roman is no longer champion

His entire aura is him being the head of the table which evolved around him being champion

Waiting another year also opens up potential risks like injuries and health scares, rock certainly isn't getting any younger

Hate to break it to you, but you'll get over it too, since you're complaining about "whiny crybabies", bro.

Dustin001

Banned
Reaction score
No it didn't, it brought extremely negative attention because it rendered the Royal Rumble fucking useless by taking away the power of choice from Cody Rhodes, not to mention it was extremely public that The Rock unceremoniously forced his way in. Like this is an awful argument when the evidence is the exact opposite of what your saying.

I for one don't want to see a 50+ ring-rusted crusty fuck like The Rock in the main event of WrestleMania, ever.
The whiny babies that were crying don't represent most wrestling fans, had they stayed the course the whiny babies would've got over it, and the lapsed fans would hear that rock was main eventing and would tune in

If you truly think cody is a bigger star than the rock, I got a bridge to sell you

Last edited by a moderator:

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Its pussy pivotung, rock would have brought way more attention and lapsed fans to the product to watch wm 40 if they just stayed the course

The whiny crybabies would have eventually got over it

Instead they threw away a blockbuster dream match for a shitty and predictable disney fairytale

A landmark event like wm 40 deserves better than a rematch of the years previous wm
Again, giving the paying fans what they want isn’t pussy pivoting. If you’ve been building a storyline for years and been getting my money based on that storyline and then all of a sudden you basically told me to fuck off you’re gonna do something else, instead, I have every right to voice my opinion that I’ve been paying you for two years that I want to see the conclusion of my movie. You can’t just shut off the film in the third act and then tell me to fuck off and expect that to be a good business decision.

And, you have it completely backwards. Any pop in numbers rock would have brought wrestlemania would have been temporary. Nostalgia pops are great at getting lapsed interest for one show and maybe a couple followup shows, but you can’t increase interest in your current product by solely reminding fans of when it was better. You need to actually build the superstar of tomorrow. Putting Cody over here will draw a current audience and in 10 years he’ll be the guy they bring back for that nostalgia pop, but you can’t do that if you kill his momentum for a star that hasn’t been a regular since 2002.

I can tell you right now I wouldn’t have gotten over it. If Cody and his story doesn’t get paid off, I won’t be returning to WWE. If it does, I’ll be onboard for seeing Rock/Roman next year. Because that match isn’t time sensitive. It never needed to be this year and it also doesn’t need the belt.

• Love
Reactions: Roy Mustang

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
The whiny babies that were crying don't represent most wrestling fans, had they stayed the course the shiny babies would've got over it, and the lapsed fans would hear that rock was main eventing and would tune in

If you truly think cody is a bigger star than the rock, I got a bridge to sell you
Fucking lol, that wasn't the argument. And if you paid attention to any television for weeks, even the live audience is extremely divided and does not want Rock in the main event.

I don't give a shit about you selling a bridge either lol, that was never the argument. If you want a crusty old fuck to wrestle, that's your prerogative, but how about you quit crying because you can't watch an old broken down dude wrestle.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The whiny babies that were crying don't represent most wrestling fans, had they stayed the course the whiny babies would've got over it, and the lapsed fans would hear that rock was main eventing and would tune in

If you compare the amount of fans that engaged with social media and compare that to the average audience that watches wwe raw, it’s about 75%.

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Already did, instead of throwing tantrums online and sending death threats

I simply stopped watching lol
Cool, then you don't really have much to contribute to this topic. You could do other shit on this site instead instead of pissing and moaning about not having your precious old man wrestle.

Dustin001

Banned
Reaction score
Fucking lol, that wasn't the argument. And if you paid attention to any television for weeks, even the live audience is extremely divided and does not want Rock in the main event.

I don't give a shit about you selling a bridge either lol, that was never the argument. If you want a crusty old fuck to wrestle, that's your prerogative, but how about you quit crying because you can't watch an old broken down dude wrestle.
Crusty old fuck > walmart bargain bin captain america

Dustin001

Banned
Reaction score
If you compare the amount of fans that engaged with social media and compare that to the average audience that watches wwe raw, it’s about 75%.
Lots of ppl have stopped watching the product for close to a decade now, rock could've brought them back in