• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Let's be frank, I don't think the problem would even be a Triple Threat between The Rock/Roman/Cody. People would probably be all the fuckin way into it.

But it's the route they went that has turned everyone against it. If WWE was dead set on The Rock being in the match, what they should have done was have the Rock force his way in by demanding he be involved because he wants to remove Roman from the head of the table. He has no problem with Cody, but it's about family.

Instead we have Cody seemingly pussying out and just giving up.

If it is a work, and it's quite an "if", it's one of the all time worst booking decisions of the 21st Century, next to forcing Charlotte into Ronda vs. Becky.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Let's be frank, I don't think the problem would even be a Triple Threat between The Rock/Roman/Cody. People would probably be all the fuckin way into it.

But it's the route they went that has turned everyone against it. If WWE was dead set on The Rock being in the match, what they should have done was have the Rock force his way in by demanding he be involved because he wants to remove Roman from the head of the table. He has no problem with Cody, but it's about family.

If it is a work, and it's quite an "if", it's one of the all time worst booking decisions of the 21st Century, next to forcing Charlotte into Ronda vs. Becky.
You think adding Charlotte to the Mania 35 main event is up there as one of the worst booking decision of the century?

yikes-icegif-3.gif

Wasn't even one of the worst aspects of that whole program.

• Haha
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
You think adding Charlotte to the Mania 35 main event is up there as one of the worst booking decision of the century?

yikes-icegif-3.gif

That's true, Ronda was there after all.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

I couldn't agree more.

However, a person pushing their way into a triple threat like this has been done many times before. Perhaps they thought trying a new way to do it would be a better idea.

Of course, if they thought that, they were wrong. But it could be what was going through their minds.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Good point. Definitely getting Cody/Rock/Roman.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

yikes-icegif-3.gif

I can sort of understand why they did it, but would have to agree that it wasn't necessary.

BSE

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Sports Team
nnLKsfY
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
I couldn't agree more.

However, a person pushing their way into a triple threat like this has been done many times before. Perhaps they thought trying a new way to do it would be a better idea.

Of course, if they thought that, they were wrong. But it could be what was going through their minds.
We'll probably never know the real reason why they did it. Maybe they wanted Roman's reign to continue and they didn't want Cody to lose again. Either way, I definitely don't think they expected The Rock to be booed.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I can sort of understand why they did it, but would have to agree that it wasn't necessary.
Without a doubt they could have done it without Charlotte. Was adding Charlotte a catastrophic booking decision though? I absolutely don't think so :lol The best moment from the whole build was when Charlotte murked Ronda while she was in the back of the cop car. I think the way they introduced Charlotte into the match was terrible, but I don't think adding Charlotte was a problem in itself.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
In hindsight it was fine because Becky won it felt horrible at the time cuz it made it seem less likely she was gonna pull it out

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
In hindsight it was fine because Becky won it felt horrible at the time cuz it made it seem less likely she was gonna pull it out
They wanted to add a "rebellious" layer to Becky and really lean into the Stone Cold comparisons by having her overcome Vince's obstacles and beat the "chosen one" that was Charlotte. All that's well and good in theory, but it really didn't play well at all. They botched it tbh.

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Worst Women's booking of the modern era is Asuka losing at mania least she clawed her way back. The same can't be said how they botched my favorite Shayna Baszler.

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Still have nightmares over Shayna main roster debut and then losing to Becky at mania.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Shayna's vampiric angle was horrible. At least it happened during the onset of COVID where most shit from that time just gets swept under the rug now.

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Shayna's vampiric angle was horrible. At least it happened during the onset of COVID where most shit from that time just gets swept under the rug now.
She's never really recovered. She should be the best bad ass heel in divsion fuck they could be running Rhea vs. Shayna rn as two bad ass chicks going at it. :hhh made her the most legitimate threat I have ever seen when she was in nxt.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I agree with EC. I don’t think Charlotte being added to that match meant much of anything. Because in the end, Becky still stood victorious. I would say if we were going to point to a Charlotte wrestlemania mishap, I would say when she beat Rhea Ripley.

And even then I wouldn’t argue it breaks the top 10 or anything, of worst decisions ever made.