Are the "goldberg" chants really a bad thing?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Do you know who else got those chants? Brock Lesnar. It wasn't until he went over Rock where he really became the guy. I think the chants at least show WWE the crowd are interested in Ryback. Also, comparing him to one of the most over superstars ever isn't that bad at all.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
At first, it seems like it's a bad thing because they don't look like they care about the guy in the ring and ironically compare him to Goldberg. However, as you said, at first Lesnar and even Goldberg himself weren't over. He has to go over someone big and change those chants from "Goooldberg" to "Ryyyback". But the chants just by themselves aren't really a bad thing.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
It's only a bad thing if they make ryback feel bad :( .. if he doesnt mind them then it's not bad!

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I don't remember Brock getting any Goldberg chants. Regardless the chants aren't bad per se, but they could fairly be interpreted that way, because it might be that the fans are saying they've already seen this before and thus don't really care.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Crayo said:
If they didn't care would they chant at all?

The fact that they care is only cuz he seems like a goldberg copycat to them. :dawg:

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
Crayo said:
But they care :).

They kinda have to. If Lord Tensai came out with a goldberg entrance and started spearing people they'd be chanting Goldberg too. :dawg: Also, I dobn't remember lesnar ever getting goldberg chants.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Crayo said:
If they didn't care would they chant at all?

Doesn't mean they care in a positive way. If someone chants Boring, I wouldn't take that as a positive thing just because they can be bothered to chant something.

Donald Trump_

Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:
Doesn't mean they care in a positive way. If someone chants Boring, I wouldn't take that as a positive thing just because they can be bothered to chant something.

TBH, WWE fans are just waiting for Ryback to become 'the guy' so they won't have to chant that anymore. :obama:

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Me too, but it would be nice, I think. Maybe, if they actually start booking Ryback a little bit better for the time, Lesnar could put him over in the future.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yes. But he was beat by Cena, we don't know the outcome of his feud with HHH yet and I'm not sure if he'll be looking very dominant if he occaisonally fights with Ryback later.