APW RASSLEMANIA 6 PREVIEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

HurricaneJeff

Reaction score
I got permission from MizMasta3000 to post this

rvibig.png

We are just over a week away from the biggest event in APW, Rasslemania VI. An event that could be the best Rasslemania in its 6 year history. With 7 matches scheduled and over 20 wrestlers set to take part in the event, its hopes to be an event that the people involved will never forget.

MATCH 1: FATAL 4 WAY LADDER MATCH FOR OVERDRIVE TITLE
rviot.png

Rasslemania VI will kick off with a Fatal 4 way Ladder match to determine the new APW Overdrive Title. The Overdrive Title was vacated following New Years Retribution two months ago when Champion at the time, was attacked, thus forcing Pence to Vacate the Title. A mini tournament was held on Overdrive, where the winners of 4 matches would go on to Rasslemania and fight in this match. Mark Moment, Jimmy Jazz, Hellfire K.I.D and Tajhay Gudakishka all advancing to this match. This match is the biggest match of these young men’s career, so expect a fast paced high flying match.

MATCH 2: OPEN CHALLENGE FREE FOR ALL BATTLE ROYALE
rvioi.png

Anyone on the APW Roster who is not booked can RP for this match. Good chance on winner getting a serious push in APW
All RP's for this match is to be posted at this link
http://apwprez.★★★★★★★★★★★★★★/index.cgi?action=display&board=rasslemania6&thread=4133

Next up is the open challenge free for all Battle Royale. This match is open to anyone who is 1. Not booked for this PPV and 2, anyone who joins APW between now and Rasslemania. With Rasslemania being the event where most feuds end, this is a great opportunity for anyone to make an impact and be a Major player after Rasslemania. So far, “Hardcore†Jim Steel and APW’s newest edition to its roster “Lightning†Alyssa Morenna.

MATCH 3: SCAFFOLD MATCH
rvijnvh.png

Following this match is a match that could see the end of one man’s career. Victor Hades takes on Jesse Nunez in a Scaffold match. These two has been feud for a very long time, but their feud really escalated when Victor Hades killed Jesse’s Nunez’s Unborn Child. Which led to the two fighting back in October at “One Night in Hell†In a “Casket Match.†It was in that match where Victor Hades came out Victorious and the last time we saw Jesse Nunez until Jesse made his surprise return in January at New Years Retribution in the Survive and Conquer match. As a surprise entrant, Jesse had one goal in mind and that was to eliminate Victor Hades, but after Brawling though out the arena, Hades ended up Eliminating Jesse and Hades went on to win the Survive and Conquer match. Leading up to their match at Rasslemania, Victor brutally attacked Jesse and even threw him off the entrance stage on an episode of Overdrive, which led Jesse the next week to challenge Victor Hades in a Scaffold match. One thing we know for sure if that after this match, some one will fall straight to hell!

MATCH 4: FOR CONTROL OVER OVERDRIVE
rviaaps.png

SPECIAL GUEST ENFORCER: SLADE CRAVEN

Our 4th match of the night is a huge match that could change the face of APW forever. For the first time in 6 years, “President†Hurricane Jeff teams up with his old tag team partner, Dr. Matt to reform “The Perfect Storm†for one night only to take on Chris Cyrus and Biggs in “The Axis of Awesome†in a match for control over Thursday Night Overdrive. All this began three months ago at Christmas Chaos when President Jeff was in a match against the owner of EWC. During that match, President Jeff was kidnapped by the EWC. A plan that former GM of Overdrive, Max Carter came up with. During Jeff’s absence from Overdrive, The Axis of Awesome took it upon themselves to run the show. After a month of doing this, President Jeff would soon return to gain back control of Overdrive, But the Axis of Awesome just didn’t see it like that. All this eventually let to this match, but a wrench was thrown into The Axis of Awesome’s plan when during the Contract Signing for this match, President Jeff snuck in a special enforcer for this match, a man who the Axis knows very well, Slade Craven.

MATCH 5: APW XTREME TITLE HARDCORE IN HELL MATCH
rvimldd.png

Following this match is a Rasslemania Tradition match, The Hardcore in Hell match for the APW Xtreme Title. Michael Lively defends the title against the protégée of Trevor Blackwell, Damian Dimitri. Damian earned this title match by defeating Vic Diaz in a number one contenders match. Since then, Damian has been on a roll, winning his last 3 matches. Like last years Rasslemania, Michael walks into Rasslemania as a champion, but this time, looks to walk out still with the belt. With Damian’s trainer, Trevor Blackwell having competed in multiple Hardcore in Hell matches, Damian goes into this match with an advantage. And lets not forget the fact that Damians Girlfriend is none other that Michael Lively’s sister, Nikki Lively. The always arrogant Michael Lively comes into this match looking to not have a repete of Last Years Rasslemania, and Damian comes into this match looking to make history by winning the Xtreme Championship.

MATCH 6: GRUDGE MATCH
rvijrs.png

Next we have what will be Jason Royce’s last match as he takes on Sabur. Jason Royce is set to retire after this match, and with some unfinished business with Sabur, Jason asked for this match. Since Sabur’s return to APW after a year long absence due to an injury, Royce has had a grudge with Sabur. In Sabur’s first match back in APW on over a year, Sabur defeated Jason Royce in a Street Fight. Even though Sabur has a couple of wins over Jason in singles matches, Jason has wins over the former World Champ in Tag Team matches. In back to back PPV’s in the summer of 2008, Jason Royce teaming up with The Hardcore Kid (AKA Chris Cyrus) defeated Sabur and his partner, Tony Blackwell to retain the tag titles. A lot of history between these two men, definitely no strangers to one another. With this being Jason’s last match, its always sad to see someone retire, especially an APW Original, but Jason looks to leave this match and retire on a high note.

MATCH 7: APW WORLD TITLE IRON MAN MATCH
rvilopw.png

And finally, the main event. What can be considered the biggest singles match in APW’s history. Level One defends the APW Heavyweight Title against Pence Weatherlight, IN AN IRON MAN MATCH! Since day 1 of Pence Weatherlights Arrival in APW almost a year ago, these two have had a hatred for one another.
Pence first match in APW was against Level One, who won by Disqualification. These two we’re pitted in a fatal 4 way match at Last Year’s Mayhem PPV and Pence Weatherlight pinned Level One and became the APW Heavyweight Champion. Following this, a rematch was scheduled for our next PPV, Test for the Best in which Level One retained the title. Before Pence could use his rematch, Jesse Nunez won the Test for the Best tournament which guaranteed him a Title shot at Shockwave. But during a contract signing, Pence Weatherlight made himself the special guest referee for this match. And in the match, Pence cost Jesse Nunez the world title by hitting him with a chair, allowing Level One to walk out still the champ. Why did Pence cost Jesse the match, because Pence wanted to be the one to beat Level One for this title. The two would meet against, at Octobers One Night in Hell PPV in a Hell in a Cell match. Level One ended up winning, in what was voted the APW Match of the Year for 2009. With Pence out of the title Picture, Level One went to successfully defend the title at the December and January PPV. At the January PPV, Pence was mysteriously attacked by a masked man, who then was coming after Level One. After a lot of mind games played by the masked man, it was then revealed that Pence was the mastermind behind all this. Pence was never injured. All this was to get at Level One. And now these two will meet one last time at the biggest stage in APW, Rasslemania 6, in an Iron Man Match.

There you have it, The Preview to Rasslemania 6. Also, Dr. Matt, Chris “BDC†Defoe and Twister will all officially be inducted into the APW Hall of Fame, Class of 2010. You don’t want to miss this great event on Sunday March 28th.

source: www.actionpackedwrestling.tk

Quintastic One

Reaction score
On a normal basis, I would be furious about how we are JUST trying to get on our feet, and APW continuously promotes itself to our new members "Hey, look at this spiffy site that's been around for years! Don't want to take the time and energy to get a new fed started? Come on down to a place where we will have guaranteed on time and quality results! Why waste your time with this minor league fed? Join Today!"

But to be quite honest, we are APW's bitch right now. We don't have a right to complain about their promotion, because at least they are reciprocating the affiliation. Smart money says we won't get a lick of attention for it, but that's not Jeff's fault.

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
I just don't like the idea of having a successful fed advertising on a currently failing fed. If we have any more problems, people may jump ship, not accusing anyone though.

Another reason is just two Feds using some of the same rpers possibly. It would turn into taking one fed over the other and/or stealing RP ideas or feuds. Once again, not accusing anyone, it's just my perspective on the situation.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I just don't like the idea of having a successful fed advertising on a currently failing fed. If we have any more problems, people may jump ship, not accusing anyone though.

Another reason is just two Feds using some of the same rpers possibly. It would turn into taking one fed over the other and/or stealing RP ideas or feuds. Once again, not accusing anyone, it's just my perspective on the situation.

Shockingly enough, you're not wrong. Like I said above, why waste your time roleplaying for a fed just starting up and/or trying to revive itself when you could just jump ship to the more successful and secure fed? And even if you have a semblance of loyalty to IWF, if you had to choose between the two on a busy week you'd obviously roleplay for APW > IWF since you want to put more effort into keeping the more successful fed alive.

But like I said, it's useless to complain. They are the juggernaught and you are the little guy, people are going to migrate no matter what now that APW is the defacto option if your not happy with IWF or at least trying to get IWF started up. They're affiliation with us is really a pity party to be honest. Because they technically don't even have to give us anything, they can just take whatever members they want since they are obviously the better option at this point.

I however am not a selfish person, and have more tact than to just leave IWF just because APW is better. I actually find the upper tier guys like Victor Hades & Level One to be horribly generic, bland, and over acheivers. So I have no desire to waste my roleplaying talents competing with guys who are just going to post 30 page auto-win diatribes about their lives every week anyway.

MizMasta3000

LOL 30 Page auto-win diatribes.

Jeff has given me full permission to advertise there. Guys like Chris Cyrus, Biggs, Assasin, Jesse Nunez, Pence, etc would be useful to the fed.

HurricaneJeff

Reaction score
Listen, I'm not here to steal anyone. If people are gonna leave IWF, its not going to be cause APW is better, theres tons of fed out there better than APW. If people are loyal to IWF like they say they are, then there gonna stay. If people don't like IWF, then there gonna go look elseware. Right now, I don't need more members, I have a full roster. But its not going to stop me from getting APW's name out there and try to grow my product. That's how feds stay sucessful, by getting their name out there. To aim to be the best. If your not doing that, then your not gonna last.

I'm comfortable enough with my fed to let other feds who want to affiliate with us and allow them to promote what's going on in their fed. If any of my guys want to go a 2nd fed, then they got all the rights to. Theres guys in APW right now who are in other feds.

And Also, "The Quintastic One", your comments on my RPers I know your only speaking in anger. I doubt you even read one of their RP's. You probably saw the quality of there RP's, the length which isn't even really long considering to others I've seen, and got scared knowing that you know you couldn't beat them and be a the world champ in APW. Level One is one of the best right now, but he is beatable. So is Victor Hades who isn't even in APW anymore. We got RPers who are new to the game and we got seasons vets and everything inbetween.

No one is forcing anyone to click on the APW link, no on has to join APW. If people aren't happy with IWF, APW is just an option for them to look at. If someone comes to APW and isn't happy there, then IWF is an option for them to look at.

Again, This isn't to steal IWF people or lure them to APW. IWF and APW have a partner ship now, just like I have a partnership with other feds in hopes that it will benifit all feds involved

Marvel26

Reaction score
How about turning this into something positive...?

Since APW is our partner, maybe they could help us out somehow... Management should work on striking something to make this a partnership with benefits, because we all know IWF needs something.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Now, I know I'm not part if the e-fed but tbh affiliation in this case is counter productive to IWF because it only helps the bigger, more active e-fed. This is the case in anything.

Ask yourselves this. How many people from APW have signed up here and how many people from IWF have signed up over there?

Personally, I'd call off this whole thing and just work on your own. You don't need help, especially counter productive help.

MizMasta3000

right now, I'm trying to advertise. I am apart of a lot of feds and I am trying to use my connections to my advantage by recruiting.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
The best advertising comes from having a solid product. Right now, no offense, you don't have that. Just taking a quick look over there I saw more than a few names I recognized. How many have signed up here?

I understand what you are trying to do and it is a noble pursuit but it is really counter productive. Focus on what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.