Any Americans here?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Tzesi said:
I agree with him.

What about if a women was raped? Should she be forced to go through the distress of bringing a child to term? I'm not trying to flame or anything I'm just curious of what you think.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
An abortion debate could go on forever, the reply to your statement @[seabs] is "it's not the childs fault". Etc etc.

And I don't really know thatcher personally (or relatively), just thought people said she was genuine lol.

I don't really think him being pro-life is a reason against voting for him either, it's mainly for his stance on the economy, iraq, etc.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
An abortion debate could go on forever, the reply to your statement @[seabs] is "it's not the childs fault". Etc etc.

And I don't really know thatcher personally (or relatively), just thought people said she was genuine lol.

I don't really think him being pro-life is a reason against voting for him either, it's mainly for his stance on the economy, iraq, etc.

Yeah I understand it is a viscous cycle of a debate. I was more curious why he felt that way by pointing out what I perceive to be a large flaw in the pro life logic. I'll leave it be as you say we could debate this all day.

I wouldn't say it's a reason to not vote for him it's more of just pointing out what I consider a weakness with his policies. Isn't he trying to get America to be Isolationist also? Wouldn't that weaken trading a great deal? I mean America made $1.289 trillion according to wiki from exports in 2010 alone. If America isn't performing these exportations wouldn't that raise the price of the items they export since one less competitor exists?

Good thread btw.

Tzesi

The Artiste
Reaction score
seabs said:
What about if a women was raped? Should she be forced to go through the distress of bringing a child to term? I'm not trying to flame or anything I'm just curious of what you think.

@[seabs] Was going to say what Crayo mentioned, an abortion debate could go on for ages.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:
Yeah I understand it is a viscous cycle of a debate. I was more curious why he felt that way by pointing out what I perceive to be a large flaw in the pro life logic. I'll leave it be as you say we could debate this all day.

I wouldn't say it's a reason to not vote for him it's more of just pointing out what I consider a weakness with his policies. Isn't he trying to get America to be Isolationist also? Wouldn't that weaken trading a great deal? I mean America made $1.289 trillion according to wiki from exports in 2010 alone. If America isn't performing these exportations wouldn't that raise the price of the items they export since one less competitor exists?

Good thread btw.

No he's not making it into an isolationist country I don't think. He's being seen as one because he's the only candidate currently against the current war, and previous wars. His plan to fix the economy is pretty slick too. And yeah I don't even think it'd harm his campaign at all, him saying that abortion should be down to state law is him basically saying the government should not be involved as much as it is, which is right.

Like he says legalizing drugs, you don't need the law to say not to use them, to not actually use them. I doubt he'll make America an isolated country, America relies so much on trade and is one of the major contributors in the world. I can't see any source saying he's against that.

The press aren't keen for him to win either, did you notice the "subliminal" words in the background of his FOX interview? "Loser" and a picture of a thumb pointing downwards were repeatedly moving across the screen. Conspiracy stuff maybe, but just watch the video :). CNN tried to skip him multiple times in their public face-off for the candidates, until the crowd were chanting his name lol.

Mike.

What I have heard from some people tonight, he's taking away natural born citizenship and IS NOT legalizing weed.

seabs said:

This is my opinion on abortion.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Mike. said:
What I have heard from some people tonight, he's taking away natural born citizenship and IS NOT legalizing weed.

This is my opinion on abortion.

He said heroin should be legal so I'm pretty sure marijuana comes with that. Dunno who you're speaking to...

Your opinion is just seabs' opinion?

How about this for an idea. Abortion is not allowed unless you were forcefully conceived. If you arrive at the surgery and claim you were raped, then police will treat it as an investigation and the abortion is allowed. Does this abolish the whole "what if she was raped" idea? I'm not on any side I'm just asking. I can see the benefits of making it so aborting a life isn't as easy as walking into the surgery and requesting one.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
He said heroin should be legal so I'm pretty sure marijuana comes with that. Dunno who you're speaking to...

Your opinion is just seabs' opinion?

How about this for an idea. Abortion is not allowed unless you were forcefully conceived. If you arrive at the surgery and claim you were raped, then police will treat it as an investigation and the abortion is allowed. Does this abolish the whole "what if she was raped" idea? I'm not on any side I'm just asking. I can see the benefits of making it so aborting a life isn't as easy as walking into the surgery and requesting one.

The bold would be a good idea but would lead to alot of false accusations wasting police time and causing higher taxes to cover the extra man power for the investigations. Safe sex needs to become less of a taboo subject and more of a common lesson imo. The lack of schooling I received was phenomenal and as I left school in 2010 I can't see that much changing in the last 2 years. I agree people should have proper reasons to abort such as if the child wouldn't have much of a life whether it be for financial or personal reasons. I just think people should have the option of choice. If not then there will be people going to backstreet clinics putting themselves at huge risk.

Tzesi

The Artiste
Reaction score
We can't continue this debate.
IT WILL NEVER END AND I WILL HAVE TO REPLY EVERY TIME ANY OF YOUR SMARTASSES REPLY.

@[Crayo] @[seabs] @[Mike.]

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:
The bold would be a good idea but would lead to alot of false accusations wasting police time and causing higher taxes to cover the extra man power for the investigations. Safe sex needs to become less of a taboo subject and more of a common lesson imo. The lack of schooling I received was phenomenal and as I left school in 2010 I can't see that much changing in the last 2 years. I agree people should have proper reasons to abort such as if the child wouldn't have much of a life whether it be for financial or personal reasons. I just think people should have the option of choice. If not then there will be people going to backstreet clinics putting themselves at huge risk.

Choice definitely needs to be there and I don't think that's what Ron Paul specifically is trying to get rid of. As for my theory (I use "my theory" loosely, it's something I thought of but it's obviously been thought of before), I can't see false accusations being a real threat. I know it happens in every-day life, but I can't see people pretending they were raped to abort a baby. Also, this system would probably reduce the amount of people have unsafe sex, fearing that they wouldn't be allowed to abort if they didn't claim a rape (or lack of finances etc, a list of reasons would be there), I can't see them wanting police and other law-enforcements investigating their claims just to avoid having a baby.

It's food for thought anyway, some people argue life doesn't start until the baby itself moves its fingers for example. Some argue that life begins at conception. That's a debate that can never be won, it's opinionated. But if Ron Paul supports the "right for life" campaign then I agree. I know far too many people my age (18) who've had abortions already. None of them were raped, none of them are poor, it was all because of a pissed up one night stand. Touchy subject though, so many people have different opinions, this thread could easily turn into a abortion debate. Not really the intentions lol.

As for Ron Paul himself, the only reason I made this thread (as I'm not exactly super-into politics) is because of how fresh he was. He's effectively like the liberal democrats here. Someone who has ran for president multiple times who you know will never get it (same as lib dems here), but this time he has a massive following. Don't know if you saw, but he has predicted many things that have come true.

And just a video that I personally enjoy:

I probably sound quite bias, but he genuinely sounds like a guy who cares about what he says & says the right thing not to please the people, but because he believes it's right.

Tony Stark

Jobber
Reaction score
I appear to be an American. Forgot about me didn't you ehh? Just a wee chap I was back then.

Mike.

Tony Stark said:
I appear to be an American. Forgot about me didn't you ehh? Just a wee chap I was back then.

You're not old enough to vote. :wink:

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
"I probably sound quite bias, but he genuinely sounds like a guy who cares about what he says & says the right thing not to please the people, but because he believes it's right."

Isn't that what Hitler did? Speaked real smoothly with the people, promised him all these great things, and sounded like he meant it too... Then look what happened, WWII.

Not trying to be a smartas or anything, but you can go by how good of mic skills a person has.