Anti-Cena

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
I became a fan of John Cena at One Night Stand 2006 against RVD. The crowd shit on him and I thought he handled it like a pro. Those fans are evil and Batista and Big Show didn't know what to do they went after them.

I can't praise Cena at all for acting "professional" at one night stand. He got booed and there were chants that would make our mothers cry but what was he supposed to do? Go nuts and throw a fit or leave the match? In the middle of a pay per view main event? I don't think there's a guy out there who would walk out on something like that regardless of what the crowd reaction was. He was supposed to be a face and got an amazing heel reaction. I would of been embracing that shit. How so many people can hate one mans character on TV would blow me away.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I can't praise Cena at all for acting "professional" at one night stand. He got booed and there were chants that would make our mothers cry but what was he supposed to do? Go nuts and throw a fit or leave the match? In the middle of a pay per view main event? I don't think there's a guy out there who would walk out on something like that regardless of what the crowd reaction was. He was supposed to be a face and got an amazing heel reaction. I would of been embracing that shit. How so many people can hate one mans character on TV would blow me away.

IMO, Cena is lame because it's the same old shit with him. As a person, he seems to be a great guy who really cares about his work and people in general. His character, on the other hand, is kinda pathetic. He also has that stupid Superman shit. The guy gets beat down and then he suddenly does a move and wins the match. Shit like that is boring to see all the time.

I give the guy full credit for being great on the mic.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Yeah, him posing with the dude was a major ROFL moment.

Cena, I respect him. But I do not like his character. He comes off as a professional, who holds his work, the fans and fellow wrestlers in high regard. But his character is so damn stale. I mean sure he isn't targeted at the older audience as much as he is the kids. Honestly that may be the reason he gets hated on like he does, he is the poster boy of the WWE in the PG era, which alot of people do not like.

Reaction score

That's what Batista used to do. >_>

Kizza

Reaction score
God there are some people who take wrestling so seriously >_>.

hndsmepete

Reaction score
To be fair, in the 80's EVERYONE wanted more Hogan. That's the way it was. John Cena isn't as mainstream.

Its definitely true that everyone wanted to see Hogan. He was able to attract big stars to watch live WWF shows. I heard that Jack Nicholson attended some WWF shows during the early mainstream success of it. Cena is slowly creeping up there into mainstream consciousness. He has done cameos on SNL & appearances at Kids Choice Awards, which does help to raise his profile. If children are talking about something, their parents will know about it, which will bring in more people knowing who he is. As an adult & don't care for Hogan/Rock Redux, but I totally understand the need for him to be there. Hogan was like a real life superhero to kids of the 80's & it only makes sense for them to do it again with a new generation of kids. I do think that Cena's movies blow, the Marine was laughably bad & his last one I didn't bother to see. That is something that will take away from his mainstream success.

Why wouldn't WWE offer an Anti-Cena shirt. It would open up more revenue for them.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
The Cena hate all started with his feud with Chris Jericho at SummerSlam 2005 and continued with Kurt Angle. People were tired of Cena's reign, which was the first really long title reign for a face since Hogan.

Edge came and actually got heat on himself, but than there was Mania 22 which I attended on the 9th row and everybody hated Cena by than because we were all fed up and still really liked Triple H because he was that badass attitude heel.

One thing I hate hearing is about the whole ECW ONS 06 PPV. Remember...he's a professional wrestler. He probably loved that heat because he knew he was getting a good reaction which made the show. No different than The Rock at Mania 18.

I loved Cena when he was a heel rapper in 2003, he came up with some hilirous lines and always wore a sick ass throwback. But than he went face and his raps slowely became worse, than he slowely became corny, than he got shoved down our throats, without a true heel fans hated to feud with other than JBL.

noumenon

Reaction score
Those guys probably wet their pants and marked like little bitches when Cena posed with them. "HURHURHURHURHUR CENA ACKNOWLEDGED US!! OMGOMGOMGOGMOMG......i mean BOOOO CENA SUCKS! RAWR!"

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
The Cena hate all started with his feud with Chris Jericho at SummerSlam 2005 and continued with Kurt Angle. People were tired of Cena's reign, which was the first really long title reign for a face since Hogan.

Edge came and actually got heat on himself, but than there was Mania 22 which I attended on the 9th row and everybody hated Cena by than because we were all fed up and still really liked Triple H because he was that badass attitude heel.

One thing I hate hearing is about the whole ECW ONS 06 PPV. Remember...he's a professional wrestler. He probably loved that heat because he knew he was getting a good reaction which made the show. No different than The Rock at Mania 18.

I loved Cena when he was a heel rapper in 2003, he came up with some hilirous lines and always wore a sick ass throwback. But than he went face and his raps slowely became worse, than he slowely became corny, than he got shoved down our throats, without a true heel fans hated to feud with other than JBL.

Not a fair comparison there. The crowd was half and half for Hogan and Rock. Cena got booed out the arena.

I do agree with the rest of you said. I was so pissed when Jericho got "fired" after losing to Cena and that's I started to disllike him. For Cena's sake, WWE better stay PG rated because once the product gets edgy (and I say this alot), he will be in some trouble.

Reaction score
Not a fair comparison there. The crowd was half and half for Hogan and Rock. Cena got booed out the arena.

I do agree with the rest of you said. I was so pissed when Jericho got "fired" after losing to Cena and that's I started to disllike him. For Cena's sake, WWE better stay PG rated because once the product gets edgy (and I say this alot), he will be in some trouble.

Because a more edgy Cena is totally going to be a bad thing. :confused:

noumenon

Reaction score
How the hell would Cena be in trouble being edgy? He got over by telling people to choke on his nuts.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Cena's fan base is different than it was back then

Reaction score
Cena is the barometer of the WWE. When it was edgier, he was edgier. When it's more child friendly, he's as child friendly as can be. If it were to get edgier again he'd go fine.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
He might not be able to score the Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Award gig anymore