Anti-Cena

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Cena's rapper gimmick was one of the greatest gimmicks I have ever seen while watching wrestling. It hooked the fans right from the get go. His promos couldn't be bad. He always had something to say that made the fans react, whether laugh or just seriously get pissed. Whether face or heel as the rapper it worked both ways that is why he found huge success there. When he stopped the success from that gimmick stopped as well which is why he had to somehow find success through other means. The fans didn't want that and that is where the hate came into play. It think the fans were pissed he wasn't old Cena.

For me, I liked Cena just as much whether he was the rapper or the main eventer. John Cena is the man.

Reaction score
I became a fan of John Cena at One Night Stand 2006 against RVD. The crowd shit on him and I thought he handled it like a pro. Those fans are evil and Batista and Big Show didn't know what to do they went after them.

Reaction score
Cena's pretty much guaranteed to be a better wrestler than whoever your favourite wrestler is, unless it's Rey Mysterio. There's no need to be jealous of his amazing talents. Just graciously admit defeat and accept that he's awesome.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Woah... What year is it 2007? lol

But seriously the whole Cena hate thing is dumb. Now I can't say I didn't hate him in 2006-2007. Because I did. I still do not like him but I don't hate him like alot of people I know. I didn't have any real reason other then just him being boring and stale imo. But really the whole Cena-hate era wasn't for any reason other then him not being a cookie cutter old school type of wrestler or being technically sound. I don't think that anybody could argue that the rapper gimmick was one of the best characters in quite some time. Honestly without that I could not see him being where he is at now tbh.

Reaction score
Try to make it yourself, I doubt a shop/website would sell T-Shirts that didn't promote someone in a good way.

Klide

Reaction score
Its not clear but the black tshirt at 0:10

[YT]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N8HPFIRa6Uw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N8HPFIRa6Uw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

hndsmepete

Reaction score
I became a fan of John Cena at One Night Stand 2006 against RVD. The crowd shit on him and I thought he handled it like a pro. Those fans are evil and Batista and Big Show didn't know what to do they went after them.

Those fans were mostly fake ECW fans, total poseurs. They got into ECW after the company died after watching matches online. Real ECW fans didn't act like that, there was respect given to outside wrestlers who came in to wrestle ECW guys. The only reaction I remember similar to that was after Mike Awesome signed to WCW while ECW champ, fans wanted to kill him because it was a shitty business move to leave the company with the belt. ECW had to threaten legal action against WCW to get him to wrestle a match against TAZ & lose the belt.

Cena doesn't deserve the hate, he may be crammed down our throats, but not nearly as much as Hogan was in the 80's.

Reaction score
To be fair, in the 80's EVERYONE wanted more Hogan. That's the way it was. John Cena isn't as mainstream.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
lol Miz is the spokesperson for evey Cena hater

[yt]6CmRFeWNMkk[/yt]

straight_edge76

Reaction score
lol Not gonna lie, that is one of my favorite Miz promos. I loved his whole feud with Cena tbh. To bad he got tottaly buried.

Honestly the WWE should have made his Anti-Cena t-shirts avaliable for purchase, they would have made a killing imo. But idk why you would want to do something like that to your top star.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
If they would have put "Miz is Awesome" on the back it would be Miz merchandise so...

sparta1.gif