Another WWE Superstar makes a return.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
laurinaitis-qatar.jpg

John Laurinaitis made his return at the live event in Doha on Thursday, the 21st. He returned to announce a dance off between Tensai and Michael McGillicutty.

Could you see Laurnaitis used for WrestleMania at all? Could he become a part of a feud? I think one possibility is that Laurnatitis is behind the Shield. It would be a stretch to explain why, but I could see it happening.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I do enjoy Laurnaitis, but being behind The Shield would be absolutely pitiful. He's a comedy figure, while the Shield aren't. You can't take him seriously as a character, so why make him behind a serious stable? It wouldn't happen, but still terrible idea there.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Yes! People Power is back, baby!!

I hope they wouldn't put him behind the Shield. Bad idea.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He announced a dance off, so I doubt he is being used in a serious capacity, if he was to be used at all. This could be a one off thing, where he was there visiting people, or trying to get a job back. Athough I wouoldn't mind Big Johnny back in a character role, because I sure as fuck don't want to see him back at Talent relations.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Heyman's behind Shield is he not? Why bring in Johnny Ace when you have one of the best on the mic behind them?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
There was a rumor that SMS would be undergoing a format change and getting a gm to expand on its success. I can see him actually being that guy

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Does he actually have any role behind the scenes anymore? He was removed from his Talent Relations role but is he still a Producer for them?

I don't think they need the character back at the moment in the role that it was before. Already enough authority figures battling out for control on RAW and Smackdown these days. Maybe he could manage a wrestler or two but that would be it.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It's a little too close to Mania to get him involved in a serious capacity right now, particularly when he's just doing silly things like "dance-offs" or whatever. It's really not a new thing for him to be doing either, he's been making frequent appearances at house shows every since he disappeared from television. He was being advertised for the house shows in Canada back in September. I don't really see this necessarily as a precursor to him having a larger role on television, just that he's still there and doing little things for them.

I wouldn't mind him coming back and getting more serious after Mania though, they'll have all the time in the world to fix something up with him then. They should really steer away from perpetuating the Vince McMahon-esque character he was doing last year though, which is why I don't really like the idea of turning the Shield into a poor man's Corporation. But in fairness, he's nowhere near Mike Adamle's level in the comedy department either.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They apparently are looking at using more managers on the show so he could fill that role well. As you said though he needs to be a more serious incarnation of that character. They don't need him on there as a comedy manager.