Another RoH star to WWE.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Got a little excited. New pants plz.

Hero and Claudio to round out the raid, imo.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Anybody know any good matches with him on youtube? I've never seen him wrestle before.

EDIT: That other guy they signed too from ROH. Danielson.

Hometown Kid

Jimmy Jacobs to WWE next, please. + Hero. I think it is great that WWE is getting some fresh blood who are actually entertaining and can hopefully end most of the dead weight at the top's careers except...

And when they do come up to WWE they'll probably be renamed Jason Davis and Jackson Randall or something like that.

Indeed.

Beer Money Army

this is great to see.

we might get a Nigel Mcguiness Vs HHH in the future or even nigel Vs John Morrison.

great news.

if JBL was still there. Him Vs Nigel battle of the lariats would of been a treat, thats something to say for a person that hates JBL.

But great quality signing by WWE.

time will only tell until WWE decides to grab Davey Richards, Tyler Black and Brent Albright.

Hero could be another one while i Think Jimmy Jacobs isn't the WWE type star they are insearch for, due to height and size. Maybe if he was over 6 foot then WWE would of probably grab him last year or 2. (i feel the same about Roderick Strong, but with roderick he isnt much of a character on camera)

Quintastic One

Reaction score
McGuiness is horribly injury prone, and will be named Nicky Guinness and shill beer commercials for 3 months before being released again.

Either way, ROH is feeling the hurt with trying to think they can hang with WWE on the same day. Let this serve as a lesson to TNA to stay far FAR away from Monday Nights.

This Guy

All these ROH signings so reminds me of WWE/ECW's past. Wonder if we will get Jerry Lawler cutting a promo about Ring of Honor being crap and inviting them to show up to Raw one week. lol

Lawler's so senile he probably thinks it's still 1997 and will cut it on ECW anyway.

phantomgerald

Quick question and I dare anyone to answer. Other than putting them on a team, how is it possible to push Drew Mcintrye(sp?), Sheamus, and Mcguiness at the same time? Their characters are too similar.

kraynor3

Reaction score
Richards, Black, Hero, and Claudio would all have a chance anywhere.

I wouldn't count Jacobs out 100%, he's about the same height and 10 lbs lighter than Danielson.

He has charisma and can cut a promo, so it wouldn't be outlandish to see him with a chickenshit faction leader gimmick, much like his ROH one.

newmie

Reaction score
I'd like a few more ROH talents or good indy talents to sign, and have like a faction come in... like the radicalz back in the day, be awesome. Bring wrestling back ot this shhill that is sports entertainment.

MikeRaw

The only problem is, like spiral shock said, they're guaranteed to get some lame ass name when they show up. Probably "Luke Bond" or something like that.
On a side note, WWE is apparently in a new direction. they already have Punk and Bourne, and now Bryan Danielsson and this guy. I guess they're going for a more wrestling oriented and indy style approach.

The Rated R CMStar

Dont count on it. CM Punk didnt. I mean, who was the last indy recognized guy they signed? Low Ki, and the name they gave him actually makes sense (Kaval or Kawal, not sure). Evan Bourne isn't bad, and Scotty Goldman (Colt Cabana) all himself was never more than an attempt to a comedy character, so...

Quick question and I dare anyone to answer. Other than putting them on a team, how is it possible to push Drew Mcintrye(sp?), Sheamus, and Mcguiness at the same time? Their characters are too similar.

How the fuck is McGuinness' character the same as the others? Because he's English. Oh no, we can't push CM Punk and Jack Swagger at the same time. They're both American, way too similar.

Reaction score
Dragon and Nigel good. Hero BAD. VERY, VERY BAD. You can't find a better combination of nasty indy look and terribly over rated than Hero. Jimmy Jacobs makes Bourne look like Brian Urlacher he's so small. He ain't that great either and I can't think of any real standout matches he's had since Tyler Black left AotF., speaking of which, the only RoH wrestler of use to the E would be Tyler Black, he's got size, the look and has some decent mic skills. Fuck Chris Hero though. Yuck.

I don't know why people would consider this a "raid" or punishment for RoH airing on Mondays. RoH is such a minuscule entity that WWE wouldn't give two shits if RoH aired live every Monday, Tuesday, Thurs and Friday, shit, HDnet is barley carried across the country. In the grand scheme of things, RoH ain't shit.
It is what it is, the fact that WWE hasn't produced any decent homegrown talents in the past five years except Swagger, MVP and Kofi, while some of their most popular new acts (i.e Punk and Bourne) are indy produce. WWE needs guys who will be ready for T.V sooner than the rotten bunch they have down in Florida. Dragon and Nigel will be there for a minimal time to learn the E style then put on T.V. They are way more ready than anyone WWE has or has thrust already onto T.V. People calling two signings from the top indy a "raid of ECW proportions" are wrong.

Qwake

Wow, first AmDrag and now Nigel, not good for ROH, they lost their top face and heel of last year.

I don't know how either of them will go, they don't need to be put in FCW, maybe they could give them a warmup match and promo in FCW but that would be it. Nigel should start on ECW I reckon and probably Danielson there also, or maybe Danielson would do well on Smackdown with Hardy and Mysterio both out for a while. Also theyve still got Low Ki to come, him Vs Nigel or Danielson on ECW would be fucking awesome.

You'd think WWE would be looking to pick up Austin Aries if anyone, the ROH Champ, plays a good heel and face, good character, works in the ring nicely and on the mic, I guess there's still a shitload of other talent they could be looking for. I don't know why WWE is taking their talent cos they changed to Monday Nights, that would be stupid on WWEs part because they probably wouldn't want them or use them, theyve had alot of time to decide to bring them in and now they do just after ROH goes to Monday Nights, thats stupid as fuck. It'll be interesting to see if they continue to bring in others.